penney may be off

Guest The Claw

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

let's just see how sensible Doyen are 

aside from that fantasy we've just come out of a restrictive embargo and prob limited to what we can offer 

Doyen are the problem,

I think he will sign with us, in his circumstances would not be wise to do otherwise. Did not do well on loan with other clubs so best to get more good history under belt before any fancy move.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Doyen are the problem,

I think he will sign with us, in his circumstances would not be wise to do otherwise. Did not do well on loan with other clubs so best to get more good history under belt before any fancy move.

yep i agree and the fact he's actually played and tasted a first team spot  could mean  he might want to sign   but will his agent turn down a payoff ?  be great if he binned them off instead of us 

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not convinced by that myself, it was clear that if he signed his contract he would have been part of the first team, like Stobbs, Kirby etc have been. Just my opinion tho 

Yeah another 20 min sub appearance if lucky.  Penney in a position now where he has first team football at the club he supports so if he doesn't sign a contract then it will be down to greed.  

His performance will have easily earnt him a decent contract probably 3 or 4 times what we would have offered him at the start of the season. 

So up to him now if he wants to continue playing for us.

3 hours ago, s6 owl said:

We might as well just close down the academy if this happens it's starting to become a trend and not only at this club.

Said this months ago. We are becoming a feeder club for shitti+*r clubs. 

9 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

That's a bit bizarre, when did we offer boyd another contract and Westwood 

When did they turn it down ?

I just meant he deserves the same treatment they are having. I didn't mean we had offered them a contract. 

9 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I hope they are watching him tonight. :ph34r:

Seriously though, he needs signing up. 

Needs resting in the short term imo. But, yes, we need to tie him down to a decent contract.

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Sonny said:

As things stand we shouldn’t have too much trouble hanging on to him and he’d do well to sign a contract and knuckle down.

Looks like a different player tonight. Looks completely off the pace

4 hours ago, Quist said:

This is clearly work of his agents. Villa are in do or die mode this season. If they do not go up will need to offload players and not recruit anybody.

This chap is no longer an Academy player he is a first team player and will get wage consistent with this. We are good payers and so any club offering money for him will have to dig deep.

Sensible thing is to get good contract with us and if progress continues will attract real big boys who will offer serious money and no contract would get in way of such interest.

From their point of view, like Clare, they probably see him as one for the scenario whereby they don’t go up.

Im less concerned by other championship clubs as he is already a first teamer at a decent club at this level, currently top six. But a club like Bournemouth would be more of a concern with sky bigging him up.

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

He just had 2 weeks rest.

lol

Dropping then. You can tell he's absolutely jaded at the moment and why wouldn't he be? His life has been very different these last few months. And that can have a negative effect on a young player. 

Onomah must be wondering why he's on the bench watching Penney tonight...

Edited by Almat

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully speculation hasn't turned his head.

I wish it would... He might then be able to see a team mate and pass the ball to him correctly in the 2nd half!!!