penney may be off

Guest The Claw

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

Very poor by his standards. Makes me wonder if his agent has had 'the talk' and his mind is on bigger things. 

He’s been the worst player on the pitch for the last 4 games , he’s just not good enough yet balloons on here want to give him 20k per week.

I’d take that as a transfer fee if anyone is stupid enough to offer it!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

He is so casual for a defender...

Didnt apply himself at all tonight, up against Shotton was like man and boy stuff 

I notice he's casual too, really annoys me. The lad's done well but needs to work harder, if he thinks he's suddenly made it he's badly mistaken.

Still reminds me more of a tricky winger in honesty rather than a full-back. Questionable work rate but good dribbler and crosser.

The lad has been a breath of fresh air and a real spark behind some great results recently... but tonight (albeit after a decent first few minutes) he was absolute garbage and he'll know that himself.

Messing around on the ball

Slow to react and unaware

Really poor crosses and passing

...but in fairness when you're up against Shotton and Downing it ain't and easy job any day of the week. 

He'll be back and better - just needs to concentrate on the basics like he was doing.

Just now, swfc-dan said:

I notice he's casual too, really annoys me. The lad's done well but needs to work harder, if he thinks he's suddenly made it he's badly mistaken.

Still reminds me more of a tricky winger in honesty rather than a full-back. Questionable work rate but good dribbler and crosser.

When playing 3 at the back you depend on your wingbacks to ......

a. Defend

b. Offer something going forward 

c. Contribute something, fuuukcing anything to the game at all.

absolutely awful the pair of them!

I said after the West Brom that Penney and Dawson needed to be taken out of the firing line. I remember the likes of Haslam, Geary, Quinn, Bromby and Beevers all getting rave reviews like this, then falling away. The trick is to drip feed them into this level of football, not rely on them. 

Just my view, but Penney is starting to strutt around like he thinks he cracked it. Far too slack defensively, and is more a left sided midfielder rather than a fullback. 

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Very poor tonight.

Looked totally uninterested at times. Players eased past him and Middlesboro seemed to target his side most of the game.

Hopefully he'll bounce back, but anyone interested in him tonight may be thinking twice now.

They did target him .i would of taken him off at half time