penney may be off

Guest The Claw

This is clearly work of his agents. Villa are in do or die mode this season. If they do not go up will need to offload players and not recruit anybody.

This chap is no longer an Academy player he is a first team player and will get wage consistent with this. We are good payers and so any club offering money for him will have to dig deep.

Sensible thing is to get good contract with us and if progress continues will attract real big boys who will offer serious money and no contract would get in way of such interest.

no player in there right mind would turn down the  chance of joining a prem club if bornmuff or brighton come sniffing around his agent then I could see him leaving …..one four year contract at a prem club and your set up for life whether you make the grade or not . ……..if we had him  tied to a two year deal we could get summat like the blunts got for brooks but sadly I can see him leaving in January for a fraction of what the blunts got …..best scenario would be sell in jan and then get him loaned back till the end of the season.  

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

no player in there right mind would turn down the  chance of joining a prem club if bornmuff or brighton come sniffing around his agent then I could see him leaving …..one four year contract at a prem club and your set up for life whether you make the grade or not . ……..if we had him  tied to a two year deal we could get summat like the blunts got for brooks but sadly I can see him leaving in January for a fraction of what the blunts got …..best scenario would be sell in jan and then get him loaned back till the end of the season.  

I'd rather see him sign a new deal and continue playing in the first team, then if we did end up selling we'd get a better return.

54 minutes ago, Quist said:

This is clearly work of his agents. Villa are in do or die mode this season. If they do not go up will need to offload players and not recruit anybody.

This chap is no longer an Academy player he is a first team player and will get wage consistent with this. We are good payers and so any club offering money for him will have to dig deep.

Sensible thing is to get good contract with us and if progress continues will attract real big boys who will offer serious money and no contract would get in way of such interest.

let's just see how sensible Doyen are 

aside from that fantasy we've just come out of a restrictive embargo and prob limited to what we can offer 

• Like 1