Time to turn up

34 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The way I look at it..I can afford a season ticket...That will change in the next 2 years or so, but at the minute Its affordable, so its beyond stupid not to buy a season ticket , if you can afford it..

I know I'm going to be trotting down there so "hey ho"....I enjoy it

There are some folk who can't ante up £450 at a go to get a season ticket...without gettin' into debt..and you have to realise that these folk who can't afford to ante up £450 at a go...probably have a little more on their minds than Sheffield Wednesday Football club..So what are thier options...Odd f.ookin' matches at £20?..It would P*ss me off no end...

How long before fans become insulted by that..... "Let them eat cake" crap?

We are fast approaching the EFL FFP..or profit and sustainability..or whateverthef,ook..and its hardly looking great is it?

The club still alienates not only our fanbase, but away supporters as well...You can slag Leeds off all you like..We did it  when they went down this road, but they will turn up in numbers Friday, as we rip the p*ss with the prices and laugh about it..

because in this tribal football world of ours...ripping Leeds fans off is a laugh isn't it?..while we rail like f.ook about them doing it to us..and rail like f.ook about US doing it to US.

These Owls fans who don't trot up now because of these prices are more or less lost, through a lack of comprehension that the prices are too high for a lot of Wednesday fans, 

You give them the "odd" game at £20..they are so p*ssed off that they feel insulted by it...and think "F.ook you"...

When we hit the hard times...Chansiri said they were coming..Who are we gonna turn to?...Who's gonna pick up the slack...?

There will be a few..I admit I'll be one if affordable..But really?..just how many fans will not only refuse to rally to the call but think that the club is not theirs anymore..The club had left them behind years ago...not revel in it..but certainly think.. "well f.ook you!"

Its shortsighted, its beyond ludicrous..but the be all and end all of it....its not fair, its not Sheffield Wednesday...its summat I don't recognise in Sheffield Wednesday....Its something I don't recognise in football

I'm here, held in thrall cos its what ive done since the 60's..Its the most important thing outside of family...its the most important thing in sport...All of a sudden..They don't give a f.ookin' flyer about me, and hundreds like me?

Short sighted idiocy, ..Chansiri Whitters "The Wednesday Family"..Lets be honest..he's cantin' crap!

Very, very well said!

It's easy when someone can afford something, to slate someone else for not stumping up. If you don't have the money, you don't have the money. It's a blatant rip off and it's very hard to defend.

Edited by archieswfc
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The way I look at it..I can afford a season ticket...That will change in the next 2 years or so, but at the minute Its affordable, so its beyond stupid not to buy a season ticket , if you can afford it..

There are some folk who can't ante up £450 at a go to get a season ticket...without gettin' into debt..and you have to realise that these folk who can't afford to ante up £450 at a go...probably have a little more on their minds than Sheffield Wednesday Football club..So what are thier options...Odd f.ookin' matches at £20?..It would P*ss me off no end...

We are fast approaching the EFL FFP..or profit and sustainability..or whateverthef,ook..and its hardly looking great is it?

The club still alienates not only our fanbase, but away supporters as well...You can slag Leeds off all you like..We did it  when they went down this road, but they will turn up in numbers Friday, as we rip the p*ss with the prices and laugh about it..

because in this tribal football world of ours...ripping Leeds fans off is a laugh isn't it?..while we rail like f.ook about them doing it to us..and rail like f.ook about US doing it to US.

These Owls fans who don't trot up now because of these prices are more or less lost, through a lack of comprehension that the prices are too high for a lot of Wednesday fans, 

You give them the "odd" game at £20..they are so p*ssed off that they feel insulted by it...and think "F.ook you"...

When we hit the hard times...Chansiri said they were coming..Who are we gonna turn to?...Who's gonna pick up the slack...?

There will be a few..I admit I'll be one if affordable..But really?..just how many fans will not only refuse to rally to the call but think that the club is not theirs anymore..The club had left them behind years ago...not revel in it..but certainly think.. "well f.ook you!"

Its shortsighted, its beyond ludicrous..but the be all and end all of it....its not fair, its not Sheffield Wednesday...its summat I don't recognise in Sheffield Wednesday....Its something I don't recognise in football

I'm here, held in thrall cos its what ive done since the 60's..Its the most important thing outside of family...its the most important thing in sport...All of a sudden..They don't give a f.ookin' flyer about me, and hundreds like me?

Short sighted idiocy, ..Chansiri Whitters "The Wednesday Family"..Lets be honest..he's cantin' crap!

Crikey

Direct and no messing about there

Bang on tho

Owlstalk Shop

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

This...exactly this. Well said sir!:ph34r:

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Absolutely bob on. I share a season ticket with my dad, our work commitments usually mean at least one of us can make it to the match, when we can both make it we’ll buy an extra ticket and more often than not manage to sit together. The potg prices wee wee us both off to the point where we don’t want to buy one, meaning that we rarely get to go to the matches together. Real shame since we’ve gone together since I was 5. I doubt we’ll be renewing next season for this reason. 

• Like 1

There will be people who can’t afford to go from every demographic....

but by and large if you if you are young and single you can afford it.

if your kids have grown up and moved out you can afford it.

If your kids are still at home, you’ve got a big mortgage and your not yet at your peak earning power - that is when you are struggling.

So, for this very large group, it’s not a case of stumping up £39-£46.  It’s a case of stumping up £70 (that’s if Mum doesn’t want to come as well) for you and your two kids or watching it on Sky.  That’s a hefty price.

And also, it’s not just a case of whether you can afford it.  I know plenty that can afford it that just don’t feel they can “justify it”.  It’s not value for money.  Most of us can afford £5 for a tin of beans, doesn’t mean you’d think it was value for money so you wouldn’t buy them.

This will be our 5th home match and the kop prices have been:-

Hull £39

Ipswich £33

Millwall £30

Stoke £36

Leeds £39

Total price £177

Per match £34.40

£34.40 x 23 matches = £791.20!!!

Its crazy, the differential between season tickets and POTG is far far far too big.

Its indefensible really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Brilliant post mate

Spot on about The Wednesday Family

I don't know what his idea of family is but it doesn't sit well with me 

Ripping family members off get fooooked

Some on here have sold their soul good luck to em.

I pay for one season ticket for my Dad. I live in Manchester so can't make most midweek games but try and get as much as I can.

Went to have a look at tickets earlier and couldn't close the page quick enough. Kills me that my Dad has to sit alone but there is no way in hell I can afford or justify 40 quid on top of a rushed train to sit and watch a match that's on Sky.

There is no way a ticket on Kop should ever be more than £30. Completely prices me and I'm sure many others out.

I'm desperate to get back into the routine of going regularly to home matches but it's far easier for me to go away from home or find a stream online. 

49 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Brilliant post mate

Spot on about The Wednesday Family

I don't know what his idea of family is but it doesn't sit well with me 

Ripping family members off get fooooked

Some on here have sold their soul good luck to em.

That last sentence.......bang on 

• Thanks 1

Like others have said even with a season ticket unlikely to make the trip on a Friday evening. Haven't got the free time in the work diary to leave early enough to not sit for hours on the M1. 

Once you throw in cost of travel on top of the ticket price it's hardly a surprise numbers are down this season

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

What time you booked the Naughty Kop Wànk duo for ?

That was soo first date.

For our 2nd date we're in the South, more room down the wings.

*Joking, wasn't me, not that lucky, ugly as a squashed flie's ass

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Like others have said even with a season ticket unlikely to make the trip on a Friday evening. Haven't got the free time in the work diary to leave early enough to not sit for hours on the M1. 

Once you throw in cost of travel on top of the ticket price it's hardly a surprise numbers are down this season

Ticket prices have been same for previous couple of seasons, £39 is OTT but these prices aren't something new and some of other clubs are catching us up with these prices, next away game at Bristol is £32, following three away games at QPR, Birmingham and Sheffield Utd will more than likely all be over £30. 

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

Ticket prices have been same for previous couple of seasons, £39 is OTT but these prices aren't something new and some of other clubs are catching us up with these prices, next away game at Bristol is £32, following three away games at QPR, Birmingham and Sheffield Utd will more than likely all be over £30. 

But won't be £39 to £46 .

• Like 1

Leeds is all ticket so there is no POTG for this game. So the argument about people just turning up on spec at no notice is not relevant. Has DC deliberately left the price high for this game as he knows people can watch it on tv if they can't afford to attend. I know it does not help the games atmosphere at all. I think the admission price should be connected to income. Unemployed eg could be half price and carers (for family). DC should also look at filling the empty seats by giving the tickets away for school achievements or people who had a bad time recently nominated by other fans. Its better than an empty seat and how many of these people will come back if they enjoy the experience. The ground is rarely sold out. Most games 5000 tickets could have been given to people deserving of a ticket who would normally not attend. Tickets could be given out at childrens hospital, dialysis places, cancer treatment wards, blood donors or other voluntary good deeds and even mental health and addiction recovery groups. If DC is serious about the wednesday family these are the things I would like to see from the family and surely only good publicity and fuller stadium and better atmosphere would come from this. At £40 there is bound to be plenty of empty seats while we playing in the 2nd tier of football leagues so there is plenty of scope to experiment in ways of filling the stadium and creating interest in new young or old fans for now and the future of the club.

Really hating the sensationalist hype and BS that's crept into football since the "Money Men" have taken over. People are just getting swept along with it all ... and don't forget to bring your wallet. Of course some people have never known anything else so don't know any better