Pelupessy proves old saying

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Future captain of SWFC

IF

we can just make all those who are whinging and attacking him just SHUT UP and give him time to grow at this club

You have the power to simply delete all the whinging moaning t***s  that are always on following a defeat spreading their negative crap. Just get rid of them Neil 

To be fair Pelupessy has had some poor performances.

When he first arrived and even at the beginning of this season a lot of the Championship game was too quick and seemed to pass him by. Thankfully he has started to adjust to the pace and has looked better the last three or four games he has played.

His main strength is his understanding with Bannan though. They instinctively seem to know where each other are and what they intend to do. So while much of his work is very basic tackling and short passing, the effect is to release Bannan into a more creative attacking role.

I think this was brought home to most of us at Forest where Bannan was not his dynamic self without Joey in midfield.

Today was better for having them working in tandem and the 3 man defence gave the team a more balanced attacking structure. So much so dear old Brucie seemed to be fearing the sack post match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darra said:

Pelupessy is one of those players who does the simple things well so doesn't necessarily stand out 

2 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

Look at the interviews recently and from previous games back. Bazza thrives on having joey at the side of him. Bazza drives the team forward. Joey does the ugly side which is needed in any team just thinking back to Wednesday I wonder what difference he would have made to the result mmmm

Can’t remember where I read it but someone wrote that joey’s main attribute was that he makes everyone around him better by doing the basics right, giving them more freedom to do what they do best. A fair assessment I think based on today’s performance. 

When we scored the first goal, and the team ran over to the corner / side where the swfc fans were... Couldn't help but notice that Pessy was going more mental than the fans celebrating.   I love to see that, it shows his commitment and 100% enthusiasm to the collective cause.. 

Edited by owls-swfc

Credit to Jos for dropping him midweek. Great man-management. Could tell in his post match interview after Stoke he wasn't happy with certain players making Bannan do all the work, I think substituting Pelupessy second half highlighted that Joey was one of those.

Doesn't play mid-week, gets a start again today and plays well.

Still not convinced he's the answer but he played well today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wakefieldowl said:

You have the power to simply delete all the whinging moaning t***s  that are always on following a defeat spreading their negative crap. Just get rid of them Neil 

One or two ‘big name’ posters conspicuous by their absence tonight ?

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

He's growing into his role and it's good to see. I wish he could take his growing further though - if he bulked up a bit he'd be better able to impose himself on games, we can seem a bit lightweight with Pelupessy and Bannan together.

image-1.jpg.b792536d4336009095324354d74c4f72.jpg

If he needs to bulk up, I've fu*ked it.

• Haha 1

I've always thought he just needed a bit of time, came to us at a crap time and got some unfair slating. Still a young lad and he seems to be improving. 

And he's got a brother called Dave, and so have I, how cool is that? (although his brother is Dave Pelupessy rather than Dave Anus) 

I can't work out if this is a Dutch translation thing or Dave P just didn't get the WAWAW thing... 

Screenshot_20180922-205919.png