Todays attendance

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

With rest of Championship getting poorer attendances and with some having higher visiting numbers. 

Does't matter what the rest of the Championship are doing, it is us I am talking about, our attendances seem to be on a downward trend compared to the last 2 seasons.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Towcester Owl said:

The price of walk-up tickets is ridiculous!! What's the point of having 10K to 15K empty seats in the stadium every week? Prices at Reading last week were £25 and there's tickets at Villa next week for between £20 and £25. Why are our prices so inflated? Chansiri is making a visit to Hillsborough totally unaffordable for fans who aren't in a position to buy season tickets.

What's with the A5 being shut through Towcester. Says it's until November 

3 hours ago, Towcester Owl said:

The price of walk-up tickets is ridiculous!! What's the point of having 10K to 15K empty seats in the stadium every week? Prices at Reading last week were £25 and there's tickets at Villa next week for between £20 and £25. Why are our prices so inflated? Chansiri is making a visit to Hillsborough totally unaffordable for fans who aren't in a position to buy season tickets.

There's always been thousands of empty seats at hillsborough,regardless of price or division we play in.

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

We must have gained a few too, they're only slightly down from 2 years ago but still up on 4, 5 or 6 years ago.

I expected around 26,000 so only a little down, it was only just over an hundred less than what pigs got last home game with similar numbers of visiting fans so can't complain too much given our ticket prices are much higher and there's little in league standings. 

United had over 26K, Wednesday just under 25K.

Similiar but slightly more away fans from a Stoke compared to what Villa took to BL.

About 1,500 difference in home support, which will probably be the difference in averages over the season.

Wednesdays home support can’t be knocked considering the pricing, it’s holding well, so not likely to be reduced by DC.

Edited by sheffsteel

8 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

United had over 26K, Wednesday just under 25K.

Similiar but slightly more away fans from a Stoke compared to what Villa took to BL.

About 1,500 difference in home support, which will probably be the difference in averages over the season.

Wednesdays home support can’t be knocked considering the pricing, it’s holding well, so not likely to be reduced by DC.

Stoke-on-Trent live reported, 'Today’s attendance 24,905, with about 2,000 from Stoke.'

AVFC reported Attendance: 26,477 (2,319 Villa supporters) .

Live second division football should not be a premium priced product. 

It has to compete with far more different types of entertainment in the Internet and satellite TV era and it is not doing so. 

The days attendance figures show that this is a football league problem not just a Wednesday problem. 

I was one who didn’t renew my season ticket after 3 years however have been to more games this season than I did at this point last season and I’m going to the next two. Should have carried on with my season ticket really but hey ho. 

Me and Hodgy had this conversation in the car on the way home yesterday. There can’t have been more than 1000 tickets paid for yesterday for home fans. Rest of the attendance must have been season tickets and away fans. 

Like us there seems to be a lot of fans that travel a decent distance to get to games. Wish the people of Sheffield could get to more games but fully understand why they don’t with the ticket prices. 

Been debates about all tickets being included whether attending or not. Think there was about 22/23000 in the ground. That's one of the points Chansiri meant when he said we needed promotion this year. Next season the 3 year tickets will have ended and there'll be a further reduction in ordinary Season Tickets. All he has to do is reduce P O D tickets by a fiver and the numbers would come back and there'd be very little loss.

17 hours ago, torres said:

I was expecting a bit more 

A lot of part timers have not been all season, so I thought this might have been their one game a month. 

Ticket prices for a one off game are disgusting so I fully understand if you haven’t a season ticket you would be put off on a regular basis  - but I’d have thought one home game a month was doable, if you are a fan of the club. 

Not paying minimum £33, whether I can afford it once or twice a month. 

Can't make Saturday games anyway, but no way am I paying those prices for the midweek games j can get to.

Forest away £25 is my 2nd game of the season, now that's a reasonable price..

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is true

Even when we were in the top flight 

Its a totally different animal now though...

When we were relegated from the prem..look at the average attendances of teams that got back recently

Southampton year in the 90's...15'000...now 30'000..doubled

Chelsea in the 90's... 21'000...now 41'000

Everton at times in the 90's as low as 20'000...now nigh on 40'000

Derby County early 90's top division...17,000..now?...

'Boro..17000 in the top flight..

United averaged under 20'000 in the 90's top division...they are well above that a league lower now...the one season they were back in 2007...30'000..

Its a totally different league

why would Wednesday be any different?

answer they won't...Unless of course a swingeing price hike that went on for a length of time would alienate the potential fanbase we have...and thats whats happening in my opinion

• Like 1