Todays attendance

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good post that @torres

In the days of multibillionaire owners, millionaire footballers, billionaire agents etc you're right there should be no saving up to go to games 

The days of supporting your club by putting as much money into it as you can possibly shove at it are over. That's no longer a requirement of football clubs or a measure of a fans support and should never really be thought of as such

If a Billionaire owner wants to buy millionaire players on whacky wages that's fine - crack on and get it done, but don't appeal to fans to put money into a football club as though it should be expected. Instead attract them through inclusion, imaginative pricing, exciting offers, ideas, and initatives, and most importantly entertaining football

It's not for fans to work hard all week to shovel their money into a billionaire's dream to get nothing back when the owner sells up and makes millions and millions of pounds profit and walk away never to be seen again.

Not anymore

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Fair comments.

I do agree we should concentrate on the fans that want to go however to a certain extent they are already engaged. Lowering the prices will make it easier if these fans to attend and I would be delighted if this happened. 

However, we also need concentrate on the lost fan to do everything when can to get these fans back. Once bitten again they could be the 100% home and away goers.

Totally agree.

I have said it for a long time - the prices in English football on a whole are shambolic.

Our club is one of if not THE worst in the country at the moment and i hate it. 

The FA and the government should look into it - we all know they won't.

That's why i get passionate about supporters that want to go that just can't afford it. It's a disgraceful state of affairs.

1 minute ago, torres said:

Totally agree.

I have said it for a long time - the prices in English football on a whole are shambolic.

Our club is one of if not THE worst in the country at the moment and i hate it. 

The FA and the government should look into it - we all know they won't.

That's why i get passionate about supporters that want to go that just can't afford it. It's a disgraceful state of affairs.

The ones that don't want to go are maybe against the prices more than you are though mate

That might be their one definitive reason they're not going to games 

THE PRICES

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

We've never been a fan base that sticks together all the time

But this thread shows just how we have become divided on the subject of prices .

It's created this new art of claiming to be a bigger fan than someone else

It's created 'tiers' of fans

And it's created the dreaded 'uberfan' 

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, torres said:

I understand your point and maybe mine was a throw away comment but for everyone one that ''doesn't go and doesn't miss it'' we have 100 '' i want to go, i can't afford it''

I would rather the club concentrate on the latter first  - surely that makes more sense as a business.

I have mates that would LOVE to go to every match but simply can't afford it.

They save up (save up for a football match!! that in itself needs looking at!) and go to one home game in 3.

I have total admiration for that - that is as dedicated as anyone who goes to them all that can afford it for me.

They doing everything they can to support THEIR club.

It's nothing to do with ''best fan'' etc it's about willingness to be a supporter - if the will isn't there anymore - not a lot will bring you back.

I used to go to every match at home and most away, I'm now on minimum wage. Fortunately I work on the turnstiles so still get to every home game, however I now have to be selective with my away matches and will only get to 6 or 7 a season.

If I didn't work on the turnstiles I would instead be choosing probably a dozen home matches and no away games (and I love the away days it's much more than just 90 minutes football).

This isn't how to treat lifelong fans, as you say there must be hundreds maybe thousands like me who have genuinely been priced out of watching SWFC.

These are the 1st people the club need to attract back, followed by those who can pay the current prices but won't on principle.

Alas I can't see it happening in the near future.

It's not about being better fans than anyone else it's about everyone having the opportunity to watch their club which sadly currently isn't happening.

Edit - once lost its extremely difficult to get em back again.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 1

Said it many time before.. many fans and future fans want to go.. but financially can't justify the current prices.. appreciate the club try with the 6 match bundles etc,

but it you can't afford a single game without saving,  then your not gonna afford the bundle in a one off..

POTG - Kop /West Stand - Adults £20-£25,  Kids upto 16 £5,  18-21 yr olds Students / Concession's - £10-£15

North / South - £25-£30 . Kids £5, 18-21 / concession £15-£20.

Although I doubt you'd see a sudden impact on POTG in the first matches,  but it would build.

Gotta to say, while I still go and really look forward to attending the way the club is run now is not in the old Owls' spirit.

From Eric Taylor to even Milan, those owning or managing us always had best interests of Wednesday and fans at heart.

Of course, they all made mistakes - like all of us - but this Radio Sheffield thing has really sunk a lotta fans and folk.

Let's hope we can recover somehow.