Todays attendance

I was expecting a bit more 

A lot of part timers have not been all season, so I thought this might have been their one game a month. 

Ticket prices for a one off game are disgusting so I fully understand if you haven’t a season ticket you would be put off on a regular basis  - but I’d have thought one home game a month was doable, if you are a fan of the club. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I was expecting a bit more 

A lot of part timers have not been all season, so I thought this might have been their one game a month. 

Ticket prices for a one off game are disgusting so I fully understand if you haven’t a season ticket you would be put off on a regular basis  - but I’d have thought one home game a month was doable, if you are a fan of the club. 

People get out of the habit

Once that kicks in it's very hard to try and get them back

I bet we've lost thousands of fans over the last couple of years

And now you can watch games online on matchdays it'll be nigh on impossible to win them back once they realise how much they've saved by staying home instead

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I see your thinking but by definition part timers/casual fans don’t go regularly so are not in the “habit” 

I just thought they might have chosen this game to support their club. Must be in for bumper crowd for Leeds and WBA then. 

The supporters that that made the effort today did a grand job though, I thought the atmosphere was good - always helps when more than 400 away fans turn up though. 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And now you can watch games online on matchdays it'll be nigh on impossible to win them back once they realise how much they've saved by staying home instead

Totally this. I can stay at home, pay ten quid and watch the game. Without a rush from work (midweek) why would I go.

50 quid for me an one of the kids on a rare Saturday I'm off. No thanks. I could have a day out with both kids cheeper.

So out of the habit, it's scary. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We must have gained a few too, they're only slightly down from 2 years ago but still up on 4, 5 or 6 years ago.

I expected around 26,000 so only a little down, it was only just over an hundred less than what pigs got last home game with similar numbers of visiting fans so can't complain too much given our ticket prices are much higher and there's little in league standings. 

The price of walk-up tickets is ridiculous!! What's the point of having 10K to 15K empty seats in the stadium every week? Prices at Reading last week were £25 and there's tickets at Villa next week for between £20 and £25. Why are our prices so inflated? Chansiri is making a visit to Hillsborough totally unaffordable for fans who aren't in a position to buy season tickets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Towcester Owl said:

The price of walk-up tickets is ridiculous!! What's the point of having 10K to 15K empty seats in the stadium every week? Prices at Reading last week were £25 and there's tickets at Villa next week for between £20 and £25. Why are our prices so inflated? Chansiri is making a visit to Hillsborough totally unaffordable for fans who aren't in a position to buy season tickets.

But dont forget there are 247 different pricing schemes/ categories/ bundles/ memberships to suit every supporter .  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Towcester Owl said:

They were about 10k empty seats at Reading.

For the first time since I started going to Hillsborough in 81 I'm completely out of the habit

It never mattered to me what division we were in or how rubbish we were I'd be there

But not now

I can easily afford to go but there's no way I will while we're getting ripped off

PS

I'm genuinely happy so many supporters are still going to see our blue and white wizards but Chansiri has royaly pi$$ed me off and it'll take a big turnaround on ticket prices for me to return.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally

Mixture of high pricing and the mess that Carlos created

Needs Jos to get us smashing goals in and winning games for a while I reckon but even so I reckon thousands have been lost

Sure if our recent form continues then we can expect to add a few more.  So long as at the end of the season we aren't playing second fiddle to the Stain, I will be happy.