Todays attendance

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its a totally different animal now though...

When we were relegated from the prem..look at the average attendances of teams that got back recently

Southampton year in the 90's...15'000...now 30'000..doubled

Chelsea in the 90's... 21'000...now 41'000

Everton at times in the 90's as low as 20'000...now nigh on 40'000

Derby County early 90's top division...17,000..now?...

'Boro..17000 in the top flight..

United averaged under 20'000 in the 90's top division...they are well above that a league lower now...the one season they were back in 2007...30'000..

Its a totally different league

why would Wednesday be any different?

answer they won't...Unless of course a swingeing price hike that went on for a length of time would alienate the potential fanbase we have...and thats whats happening in my opinion

Totally.

I fear it will take years to undo the damage.

For a club to deliberately kill it's POTG fanbase, whilst the ground is half empty is scandalous.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Why?

The evidence at other clubs suggests it 

Are Wednesday some sort if anomaly ?

Yes,i think we are,thats not a dig at wednesday fans by the way,its more of a "there's nothing from our premier league days" to back up the point you made.

Doesn't matter what other clubs do/did.

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Couldn't give a throw about parachute payments,you and farrell were in agreement that a promotion would suddenly mean 10,000 or so fans would return on a regular basis.

Happened at other clubs that showed little sign of it previously

I see little to suggest Wednesday would be any different

Newcastle 1990-91

Both in the same league..we finished 3rd, they finished 11th

I think historically (before our crash) Newcastle, Wednesday, Villa etc, were similar size clubs.

Same season our average was 26,000 - Newcastle less than 17,000!

Ours is similar today...yet Newcastle now massive

1-newcastle.jpg

2 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Couldn't give a throw about parachute payments,you and farrell were in agreement that a promotion would suddenly mean 10,000 or so fans would return on a regular basis.

At present our home area capacity is circa 30K of which 20K or so are season ticket holders. This leaves us the equivalent of the north stand available to POTD, which we'll struggle to shift other the the big games. If we went up the demand would increase and potential we'd have circa 25K season ticket demand. This would leave 5K POTD opportunities and this would make the members and POTD part time fans extremely nervous of getting a match day ticket particularly for the big games - say around 8. This lack of supply would increase demand further and may increase the ST figures more.

We'd definitely average over 30K in the PL.

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally

Mixture of high pricing and the mess that Carlos created

Needs Jos to get us smashing goals in and winning games for a while I reckon but even so I reckon thousands have been lost

Can you stop blaming Carlos for everything. What were the attendances like in the season before Carlos took over? Did he not help to attract fans back in that first season and numbers now are still above what they were before him.

Yes he should have been dismissed earlier but the sooner we move on from him and stop blaming everything on him the better.

26 minutes ago, Animis said:

At present our home area capacity is circa 30K of which 20K or so are season ticket holders. This leaves us the equivalent of the north stand available to POTD, which we'll struggle to shift other the the big games. If we went up the demand would increase and potential we'd have circa 25K season ticket demand. This would leave 5K POTD opportunities and this would make the members and POTD part time fans extremely nervous of getting a match day ticket particularly for the big games - say around 8. This lack of supply would increase demand further and may increase the ST figures more.

We'd definitely average over 30K in the PL.

Who's to say the capacity as is would stay the same,you guys can think we'd all of a sudden increase regularly to 35,000,there is no stat from our time there last time to support anything you've said..........................wishful thinking is all it is.

Our best season for years (2015 _2016) we averaged 22k (I think but will stand corrected!)  followed by 27k and 25k. So yesterday's attendance pretty much matched last season's average. The prices haven't changed for 3 seasons now, just the categorising depending on who we are playing. I've always maintained our hard-core support is 23 to 25k which will always be the same regardless of who and where we are playing. 

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Who's to say the capacity as is would stay the same,you guys can think we'd all of a sudden increase regularly to 35,000,there is no stat from our time there last time to support anything you've said..........................wishful thinking is all it is.

Exactly

We’ve got a brilliant core of supporters.

20k season ticket holders in this division when we’ve done nothing for a very long time is a great effort.

Even more so when they are one of the most expensive in the league 

We’ve also got one of the biggest part time contingents in the league. I don’t think they’d turn up on a consistent basis if it were free. 

1 minute ago, torres said:

We’ve got a brilliant core of supporters.

20k season ticket holders in this division when we’ve done nothing for a very long time is a great effort.

Even more so when they are one of the most expensive in the league 

We’ve also got one of the biggest part time contingents in the league. I don’t think they’d turn up on a consistent basis if it were free. 

HALLELUJAH,at last someone agrees.