Todays attendance

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

But still couldn't average 30k for the season....which we haven't done for 50 years now!

We would if the ST holder number moved towards 25K, which is a fair assumption considering we've achieved 20K for the last three years.

Every club moving from the championship to the PL has experienced a 'bounce' in fan ticket take up. The pigs saw 8K in the 2000s.

Our 'official' capacity is now circa 34K, with 3K of that for away fans, most off which will sell out - even Crystal Palace are taking 2K away now - they were lucky to take 300 in the 90s.

Just now, Animis said:

We would if the ST holder number moved towards 25K, which is a fair assumption considering we've achieved 20K for the last three years.

Every club moving from the championship to the PL has experienced a 'bounce' in fan ticket take up. The pigs saw 8K in the 2000s.

Our 'official' capacity is now circa 34K, with 3K of that for away fans, most off which will sell out - even Crystal Palace are taking 2K away now - they were lucky to take 300 in the 90s.

Can't see it, there was no way of watching a game live in the 90s - you had to be there. Yes, for the big boys we'd pull a full house but I doubt we'd average 30k over the season (as per my reply further up, 49k against Liverpool - I was there- and yet still couldn't average 30k for the season)

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'm getting old

Me too mate lol

I hang on to the memories of what we used to be..Then you remember even they were mainly the same old crap lol

I sorta want to get to the Prem, but hate it at the same time...I sorta understand WHY the prices are high..but hate them with a passion..Ive fallen out with football, but Wednesday seem to go beyond it...and you wander down there , wonder why you are there...give yerself a good talkin' too, then find you've bought a bloody season ticket, and f.ookin' wandered down again...like an old bloke lookin' for a f.ookin' bobble hat he lost in 1967..

In a vague sorta way I'm looking forward to being priced out...Its not me thats been unfaithful then...its enforced circumstances and they can go to f.ookery!

• Like 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole
6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Me too mate lol

I hang on to the memories of what we used to be..Then you remember even they were mainly the same old crap lol

I sorta want to get to the Prem, but hate it at the same time...I sorta understand WHY the prices are high..but hate them with a passion..Ive fallen out with football, but Wednesday seem to go beyond it...and you wander down there , wonder why you are there...give yerself a good talkin' too, then find you've bought a bloody season ticket, and f.ookin' wandered down again...like an old bloke lookin' for a f.ookin' bobble hat he lost in 1967..

In a vague sorta way I'm looking forward to being priced out...Its not me thats been unfaithful then...its enforced circumstances and they can go to f.ookery!

I'm not priced out. I've just stopped caring as much.

Saw my local side play in the FA Vase yesterday despite Wednesday being at home. That would have been unthinkable, any time in the last 50 years for me.

Paid £5 to get in, pie chips and peas in a tray and a pint of John Smith's for another £5, watched a hugely competitive game with 6 goals and was home by 5.

At a club that can run for 2 years for 1 weeks worth of Steven Fletcher's wages.

It's the first Wednesday game home or away I've missed this season. I'll be missing more. Just don't feel the same any more.

(Still going to Forest) 

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Yet the denial about the impact of flawed pricing still continues.

Bizarre.

Stoke were the only team to bring anything like a following to Hillsborough.

average will rise with the improved performances and the bigger away followings.

Suggesting otherwise is bizarre!

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Saw my local side play in the FA Vase yesterday despite Wednesday being at home. That would have been unthinkable, any time in the last 50 years for me.

Paid £5 to get in, pie chips and peas in a tray and a pint of John Smith's for another £5, watched a hugely competitive game with 6 goals and was home by 5.

At a club that can run for 2 years for 1 weeks worth of Steven Fletcher's wages.

It's the first Wednesday game home or away I've missed this season. I'll be missing more. Just don't feel the same any more.

(Still going to Forest) 

Conversely my 15 year old niece and 4 of her friends attended yesterday for the first time because it’s the “trendy” thing to do.

As your support wanes new fans replace!

It was ever thus!

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Neither could

Everton

Chelsea

Newcastle

Sunderland

West Ham

wolves

Villa

palace

Leeds

Derby

Sunderland...and a host of others..

Everton attendance hasn't fell below 30k for the last 23 years. I don't know about the rest but I'm guessing they've hit 30k at least once in the last 50 years???

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Everton attendance hasn't fell below 30k for the last 23 years. I don't know about the rest but I'm guessing they've hit 30k at least once in the last 50 years???

Maybe not in the last 23 years...but we were talking 80's initially were we not?

Shows how much football changed in 23 years doesn't it?

and we have been out of it goin' on 20 of them...

48 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

(Still going to Forest) 

Walkin up and down the touch line with a radio stuck in yer ear no doubt

yer having yourself on 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Think you're doing a Blunt type of statistic. We've never been near Tahn or Villa in the support stakes. Since 1950 we've had 8 averages over 30K (Blunts have 6 ). Villa have had 40 seasons and Newcastle 48.Don't go looking at the 40 and 50k plus averages  as it's much worse. Still Villa are from the second biggest city in Britain and Newcastle are a 1 city team with no real Prem competition in almost 150 miles, unless you count Burnley 120miles.

In the 90's St James Park capacity was 36,600 they had potential for massive crowds as they had seen before and are seeing again now.

Our biggest average- 42,600 1952/3 (13th largest in the country) - Villa 47,000 1948/9 (11th largest in the country), not that much in it.

The point I'm making is, at around the time of our fall from the prem, Newcastle, Villa were of similar size to us.
My guess is, if roles reversed and a similar fall from grace for Newcastle they would be getting 25,000 tops and similar for Villa. Villa when relegated from the prem averaged 32,000, when we were relegated we averaged just shy of 27,000 and that was of course before the prem really took off crowd wise.

17 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

United had over 26K, Wednesday just under 25K.

Similiar but slightly more away fans from a Stoke compared to what Villa took to BL.

About 1,500 difference in home support, which will probably be the difference in averages over the season.

Wednesdays home support can’t be knocked considering the pricing, it’s holding well, so not likely to be reduced by DC.

My mistake 26,030 at bramall lane, they were 2,300 Villa fans, no official figures yet but I'm not sure they were anymore Stoke fans, they had sold 1,900 tickets by midweek. 

Our prices are without doubt keeping some fans away, if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't want to pay £36 for a ticket for games against likes of Stoke then another £39 for Leeds game. I'd probably end up paying it but I wouldn't be going to many away games if any. 

17 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

United had over 26K, Wednesday just under 25K.

Similiar but slightly more away fans from a Stoke compared to what Villa took to BL.

About 1,500 difference in home support, which will probably be the difference in averages over the season.

Wednesdays home support can’t be knocked considering the pricing, it’s holding well, so not likely to be reduced by DC.

Considering the pricing it is pretty good.

Averaged about 4% less than you last season but paid on average over 25% more.

Still think DC is losing a couple of thousand potd per week.

Also sadly you will any newcomers to Sheffield by default just simply down to both clubs pricing structures.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Last season our average was 25,995, down nearly 5% on previous season. 7th best in the division.

The season before it was 27,219, 6th best in division (and Newcastle skewed that)

This year it's 23,042 so far. 10th best in the division

So far we are more than 4,000 fans per game down. 

3 of 4 home games haven't been very attractive fixtures whilst Millwall and Ipswich both brought very little support, even Hull didn't bring many. 

Previous couple of seasons against Wigan, Bristol City and Reading who we've played early doors in season we've only had 23-24k turning up. 

Ticket prices are a factor but last season's poor performances is also having an affect. 

Edited by bradowl

3 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Who's to say the capacity as is would stay the same,you guys can think we'd all of a sudden increase regularly to 35,000,there is no stat from our time there last time to support anything you've said..........................wishful thinking is all it is.

As Asteener has pointed out in detail with figures ,the ball game has changed hence premier being shown all over the world for massive coinage 

How do you explain us being the 4th best supported team in the early 90s?

Are you saying Utd can average 30k but we can't?

Well I got to my seat yesterday to find two strangers in my seat. They produced tickets so the club had cocked up. After five minutes one says. So you go every week then?  Yes mate it’s my season ticket seat, and do most away games.

oh he says. Are we always this poo.

five minutes in!!!!

should charge people like this a fecking grand to get in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, the monk said:

As Asteener has pointed out in detail with figures ,the ball game has changed hence premier being shown all over the world for massive coinage 

How do you explain us being the 4th best supported team in the early 90s?

Are you saying Utd can average 30k but we can't?

They did,we didn't/haven't make your own mind up.