Todays attendance

20 hours ago, Towcester Owl said:

The price of walk-up tickets is ridiculous!! What's the point of having 10K to 15K empty seats in the stadium every week? Prices at Reading last week were £25 and there's tickets at Villa next week for between £20 and £25. Why are our prices so inflated? Chansiri is making a visit to Hillsborough totally unaffordable for fans who aren't in a position to buy season tickets.

Readings soulless bowl was only just over half full but don’t let that spoil your righteous indignation!

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I should have perhaps suggested as a matter of reference the threads from 2 maybe 3 years ago,when this subject came up.35,000

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/225759-average-30k-in-the-top/

I've taken on board what asteener posted................................and ?.

So a thread from 3 and a half years ago. I’ve seen new stadium threads and attendance threads much more recently that seem well balanced and sensible.

Just seems you are reluctant to believe in the popularity of the premier league and how it would boost attendances. 

I think I will leave this as my last reply to you I’m this thread. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Really ?

You actually believe that now we have a lesser capacity thru seating,that qouting massive crowds thru standing makes a point,that we'd fill em ?

Have people stopped going because of seating.  The stats seem to indicate the opposite.

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

So a thread from 3 and a half years ago. I’ve seen new stadium threads and attendance threads much more recently that seem well balanced and sensible.

Just seems you are reluctant to believe in the popularity of the premier league and how it would boost attendances. 

I think I will leave this as my last reply to you I’m this thread. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

Lets call it reluctance then shall we,and leave it there,enjoy the rest of your sunday as well.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The actual figures would say otherwise though lol

nah fair enough mate...its a decent debate without any rancour.....you can't help it if yer wrong (Jokin' )

Hey,its cool

But i'm not wrong obviously....................(.jokin)

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We used to get 48k plus against Liverpool, Man U, etc. when football was on it'sarse in the 80's mate.  Why shouldn't we do it in the boom times.

But still couldn't average 30k for the season....which we haven't done for 50 years now!

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Last season our average was 25,995, down nearly 5% on previous season. 7th best in the division.

The season before it was 27,219, 6th best in division (and Newcastle skewed that)

This year it's 23,042 so far. 10th best in the division

So far we are more than 4,000 fans per game down. 

4 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

But still couldn't average 30k for the season....which we haven't done for 50 years now!

What part of football being on it'sarse didn't you get?  I would that'sdown to us having some of the ficklest supporters in English football rather than the size of the fan base.

Edited by Sham67

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Last season our average was 25,995, down nearly 5% on previous season. 7th best in the division.

The season before it was 27,219, 6th best in division (and Newcastle skewed that)

Yea we know mate..thats not the debate tho lol

3 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Yet the denial about the impact of flawed pricing still continues.

Bizarre.