BREAKING - Jos Luhukay explains Westwood Situation at #SWFC

I'm so confused about this whole situation, on the one hand; Jos sees him day in, day out and should ultimately have the final and most informed say on who the best keeper is, but at the same time, everyone knows who the best keeper is, and it's not like its close.

If it is true that Jos genuinely thinks that Westwood is the 3rd best then it begs the question, why didn’t he sell him? His wage must be very high and he could command a couple of mil in actual value.

Very strange.

Guest Maxine
8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So when Hooper and Lee are fit they're not playing then because Jos hasn't seen them play before?

Thats exactly what I was thinking.  Jos isn't been straight with us, what's the point coming out with a statement that's not the full story. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WESTWOOD IS OFF

Clearly

Blatantly

He's going

He's leaving

He's going to be leaving the club

Why don't people understand this very very very very simple point?

Yes but that wasn't the statement from the manager.

He actually makes himself look incompetent. A competent manager would have seen enough of Westwood's previous performances so he knew the sqaud. With the injury situation he inherited,videos of old games would have been invaluable.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Luhukay has always said there's no favourites when he works with a team

He has also said that players don't necessarily come back from injury and straight back into the starting 11

He's also saying he's building for the future

We already know Westwood is going to leave so makes sense to start planning for that immediately and not after he's gone

Looks like when Super Hooper returns he may be at the back of a very long queue then WTF:

Can see his point, we do need to give the youth a chance and they have done well for us. Shame for Westwood as do think he is the best keeper at the moment, but progress of a sort. Think they must treat Goalies different to outfield, think FF walked back in when fit as has Fletch.

22 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Can't say fairer than that IMHO. Every player has to earn the right to play. If you are coming back from injury you can't just expect to walk back into the team based on reputation.

Disagree...your keeping position is the most important on the pitch. You look at our results and clean sheets with Westwood in the team and look at them without. I will apologise if I’m wrong but I think you will find the results pretty clear for all to see!!

• Thanks 2

If Westwood is leaving anyway, why can't we play him until he does?

Dawson can then take over at that point.

This freezing out of players - even if with a view to moving them on - doesn't seem right to me.

Jones, Abdi, and Westwood - before we had McGugan too. Big wages there, and no guarantees that we'll be able to move any of them on before the end of the month.