BREAKING - Jos Luhukay explains Westwood Situation at #SWFC

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Thanks. And good luck with the next time you try to persuade fans against asking questions. You will fail (again).

No problem. It wont be me still searching the quest for truth, justice and the american way. Or is that Knight Rider? Not sure. Let me know how you get on with the crusade.

2 hours ago, cowl said:

0. What's your point, davey, or maybe like my answer you don't have one?

So what Jos said is true...he hadn't seen him play a competitive game since he'd been there so how could he put him in before Dawson and Wildsmith. Maybe he didn't think your opinion was worthwhile listening to and preferred to use his own judgement instead based on what he'd seen in the short time KW had been back from injury?

8 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

you didn't ask a question though... you said that his answer was wrong. Basically saying he's a liar, because you think differently to him. Jeezus fkn Kryst

Jos has said numerous times that Westwood won't be here long term, but JW and CD will be. He needs to develop them. He has said that KW is a quality keeper, but he has to look after the long-term future of the club. If you can't understand that they are his thoughts, then you are just plain ignorant.

I don't think he's being entirely truthful about why Westwood finds himself 3rd choice. Especially so when he presents as part of his reasoning that it's because he hasn't seen him play.

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So what Jos said is true...he hadn't seen him play a competitive game since he'd been there so how could he put him in before Dawson and Wildsmith.

Then why didn't he play him in more friendlies to see where he is in terms of sharpness? Or even this game against Sunderland for that matter?

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Maybe he didn't think your opinion was worthwhile listening to and preferred to use his own judgement instead based on what he'd seen in the short time KW had been back from injury?

What? Why would he ask me? Are you another one who implicitly dislikes the questioning of the club?

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So what Jos said is true...he hadn't seen him play a competitive game since he'd been there so how could he put him in before Dawson and Wildsmith. Maybe he didn't think your opinion was worthwhile listening to and preferred to use his own judgement instead based on what he'd seen in the short time KW had been back from injury?

Problem is, he hadn't seen all of the other injured players play before they came back. He still chose Van Aken over Thorniley for example, so i can see why his reasoning doesn't wash with some people. 

Also when Hooper and Lee come back, I can only assume they will get game time also despite this (they should because they're some of our best players, but for me, so is Westwood)

It's clear we viewed him as disposable due to Wildsmith and Dawson (purely to save money r.e. FFP), but now that he doesn't appear to be goign anywhere, it's quite a sad situation. 

I can only hope come the start of September were not paying Westwood to be sat in the stands. 

Either Wildsmith or Westwood need to go out on loan for me. 

If we can't shift Westwood, let Wildsmith go out and get games all season and Westwood be challenging. 

a) he hasn't seen him play, and

b) saying he's not being truthful is a diplomatic way of saying that you thinn that he is lying. And you're saying that because you don't like the answer.

FTR Westwood is the better keeper, but if, "the interests of the club" mean he is 3rd choice in Jos' eyes, then that is what we must beleive!

Maybe if he put a statement on the website then you'd beleive it? ;)

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Then why didn't he play him in more friendlies to see where he is in terms of sharpness? Or even this game against Sunderland for that matter?

What? Why would he ask me? Are you another one who implicitly dislikes the questioning of the club?

You seem to be in the minority here. Just saying

3 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

a) he hasn't seen him play, and

b) saying he's not being truthful is a diplomatic way of saying that you thinn that he is lying. And you're saying that because you don't like the answer.

FTR Westwood is the better keeper, but if, "the interests of the club" mean he is 3rd choice in Jos' eyes, then that is what we must beleive!

Maybe if he put a statement on the website then you'd beleive it? ;)

a) He could have sought to play him though but hasn't done, and the same reasoning should apply to all the other players that he didn't see play until he did (because he played them).

b) I think he's not being entirely truthful. Hardly diplomatic. And no, I'm not saying that because I don't like the answer, but because I don't believe it to be entirely truthful.