BREAKING - Jos Luhukay explains Westwood Situation at #SWFC

Just now, OxonOwl said:

No. I am assuming that Jos and Nicky have seen nothing in KW's work that puts him ahead of the other two keepers. That's seeing him now and not remembering him 8 months ago.

I am not suggesting he is being punished for expecting to be no. 1

Then you're being willfully gullible. This is clearly about trying to relieve the club of his wages.

And yet we make a mockery of those high wages by not playing him at all.

Perhaps Jos is making a point to the squad that reputation means nothing, particularly after a long injury lay off. KW may be the unfortunate recipient of it, but it may be that with our smaller squad and large number of youngsters, certain senior players might be falling into the mindset that they are an automatic choice and won't have to work as hard to get back into the squad.

It also gives a boost to the long ignored youth that if they step up to cover an injured player, they won't automatically be dropped again. 

As for KW 'definitely' being sold, aside from one or two rumours in the paper and people posting on here that he's going, has there been anything even vaguely solid? 

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Are you calling him a liar?  Let's assume he is telling the truth so what would your post be then?   Just because you don't agree with what he says doesn't make him dishonest.  

I'm definitely calling him a liar. He might even be lying to himself as well.

On the off chance he's actually being truthful then he's a moron.

There's some seriously gullible people on here. People honestly believe that Jos think KW is our third best keeper?

The fact is that by not playing him we are jeopardising our own season and that would accrue more points over the season with KW in the team compared to without. Surely anyone with brain cell see's that.

Now whether there is something behind the scenes going on would make much more sense. If so then I don't know why he hasn't been moved on yet. Perhaps he will still go on loan.

More than likely it's our stubborn Chairman putting his bee in his bonnet and telling yes man Jos what he can and can't do/say again

Am I the only person that doesn't massively rate Westwood?

He's a good keeper but his distribution is awful, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is Jos' problem with him. Anyways, if this is purely a footballing decision by Jos then good on 'im, his squad, his team, his neck on the block. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

WESTWOOD IS OFF

Clearly

Blatantly

He's going

He's leaving

He's going to be leaving the club

Why don't people understand this very very very very simple point?

Because he never seems to go ... :luhukay:

If he is indeed going, it would suggest that the club attempting to take him are trying to have our trousers down, knowing our predicament.

Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

If he’s not playing Westwood because of a wage clause etc then just say so. Stop making yourself look like an idiot thinking those 2 are better etc. It wouldn’t be a shock to us would it if he said we can’t afford to play him?

Exactly. Just another example of treating the supporters with disdain.

I don't believe Jos is behind the bs but he's certainly being complicit.

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Westwood was all over the place when he played last season. Had he not got injured he surely would have been dropped anyway. Forget what he did in previous seasons, he was awful last season. He looked really shaky and was rushing about the place like a 15 year old joyrider on a Vespa.

I think Dawson will be great this year.  

Dawson looked good end of last season but only played 3 games so hardly enough to make an informed judgement. Again too early to say this season after just 2 games but we have conceded 4 goals in 2 games and the lack of a vocal leader at the back suggest we could do with someone capable of providing a bit of organisation with stature.

Westwood was injured at times he was playing last season but conceded 22 goals in 18 appearances. Wildsmith conceded 41 in 29. Our points per game average with Westwood in goal would have seen us finish on 62 points had he played all season so to say he was like a 15-year-old on a Vespa when he did play doesn't say much for Wildsmith given we finished on 5 less points overall.

To have a keeper who has twice achieved our clean sheet record in recent seasons written off as 3rd choice due to a few iffy games last season - but clearly better stats than one of the rookie keepers ahead of him is ridiculous.