BREAKING - Jos Luhukay explains Westwood Situation at #SWFC

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Genuine question. 

Does anyone here think Dawson has done anything that would merit him being dropped?

Wigan's 3rd wasn't a great moment for him. Not sure I would drop a keeper for one error, but I wouldn't have started with him over Westwood in the first place anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Watson said:

Jos is obviously looking to the future rightly or wrongly, by giving the two youngsters more experience.

Just goes to show how difficult a managers job is fans call for youngsters to be played, he plays them and then the fans call for the oldies. 

His best bet is to do the job his way and ignore outside influences. 

Goalkeepers are a completely different scenario...you can put development players on the bench give them 20-30 mins in games here and there to build up their experience, see if they handle the step up.

Dawson doesn’t deserve to be dropped, but Westwood should have played both games so we wouldn’t be dropping him.

Westwood has at least another couple of seasons at this level, he is by a long way a better all round goal keeper than Dawson is currently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Wigan's 3rd wasn't a great moment for him. Not sure I would drop a keeper for one error, but I wouldn't have started with him over Westwood in the first place anyway.

If Westwood hadn't been out so long, and hadnt been in, shall we say,  not his best form before his injury I would certainly agree 100%.

Manager has decided to manage the situation and explained his rationale.

Whether agree or not, he has made a decision and that explanation is a reasonable one to me.

Just makes you wonder if there was any external interest in KW or not because if there was then he should have gone.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, metaframe said:

I dont really understand why he's switched Wildsmith and Dawson though.

Think its probably as simple as seeing Dawson do well in the cup and wanting to have better more regular look at him.

Wildsmith had a few wobbles last season. It made sense to have a look.

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Genuine question. 

Does anyone here think Dawson has done anything that would merit him being dropped?

Thought there 3rd was a little suspect. Shot stopping and reflexes are nearly on a par with westwood. What is lacking with both Dawson and wilsmith is presence in the box, Westwood really owned the box and could almost cause opposition players to have doubts.

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

If Westwood hadn't been out so long, and hadnt been in, shall we say,  not his best form before his injury I would certainly agree 100%.

Really? There's every reason to suppose his form was down to him carrying an injury anyway. We were managed by CC back then after all, and we all know now he didn't give a sh*te about whether players had niggling injuries.

But before last season Westwood had been a standout performer. POTY for two of those three seasons. He deserves to have a lot more faith placed in him than he has done.

• Like 1

This doesn't ring true to me.
If Jos wanted to see how the best keeper in the Championship performed he could have included him in some of the pre-season friendlies.
I agree about building a young team for the future but experience is also important. 
Fletcher was out for seven months but was included in the squad immediately.

For the record; from what I've seen of them in a Wednesday shirt, Westwood would be my number one.

However, everyone used to go mad about Carlos' "favourites" and "picking just on reputation" now we have a bloke in charge who says he will only pick players on what he's seen and nothing else, and everyone kicks off about it!?

You're all a bunch of nutbars.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Really weak man management for me.

Jos is not the man to take us forward.

What!!. Why is JL copping for all this 'he's not the man' etc. Its plainly obvious they need Westwood off the payroll asap because of the serious financial restraints which may have been imposed on the club. Have you asked yourself why he didn't go in the transfer window. Purely down to the fact no one would match his wages. Vent your displeasure at the Chairman who clearly makes all the decisions. Unfortunately JL as been handed a poison chalice. With all this flak flying around I would say anyone who is worth there pay from the club then its him.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he walks before the January transfer window. Who in opinion would take the managerial role if that happens.

44 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Can't say fairer than that IMHO. Every player has to earn the right to play. If you are coming back from injury you can't just expect to walk back into the team based on reputation.

you know last week I said that more or less and got downvoted 5 times in the same thread. You today get lots of upvotes just shows how hearts and minds change in a few days. You ge one more from me.