Cardiff in for FF

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I know DC said we'd be in trouble 

But can definitely say i didn't hear him say anything about pts deduction  

I seem to remember him saying I hope a fine, i will pay fine....inferring a points deduction could be on the cards...though not sure if and when he said it...just remember something along those lines

Read in Times..or could have been Independent...we have no choice but to accept in the region of £10m due to our dire financial predicament ...

I guess they don't know much about our chairman

I was not there its what I read , if we don't go up this season ,we will be hit with a huge fine and likely points deduction , its my thinking that it would be around 15 points based on what happened in the past ,qpr got over 40 million fine ,I would hope our fine would be nowhere near that ,as qpr have 4 million per year taken out of there budget for the next 10 years , again I hope im very wrong 

23 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Well he ain't a football man he could do anything. 

Keep FF and get rid of wage bleeders wi got.. 

DC wants to get to prem don't he and FF can take us there when fit.. Plus I want to see FF bang a few in at the sty. 

Yea I know what your saying, and I don't want him gone, my eyes definitely don't. We will lose our spark. But everyone has a price, our gamble failed, we need to regroup, we have been put on the canvas. We won't get to the Prem without him this year, I 100% agree, but will we get there this season with him? DC isn't a football man by his own admissions, but can he learn? As a mid term view do you keep FF, him banging a few at the stye is short term and I want it too, but we need to play chess now, Fulham proved we can make it back from here, if we are smart. Also agree with the the getting rid of wage bleeders, but who wants them? I'm by no means advocating he leaves or if the money will get spent wisely, but feel we need to contemplate everything and look at least at the mid term, not all the signing in DCs era have been dreadful and I'm personally still gutted SG didnt get a pop with money (even tho he made some clangers), but there is only one way we need to be looking now, and it's forward. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

I was not there its what I read , if we don't go up this season ,we will be hit with a huge fine and likely points deduction , its my thinking that it would be around 15 points based on what happened in the past ,qpr got over 40 million fine ,I would hope our fine would be nowhere near that ,as qpr have 4 million per year taken out of there budget for the next 10 years , again I hope im very wrong 

So you're making it up then.

If you read it, then provide a link. 

Remarkably you're the only person who is aware of the points deduction, including people who attended the meeting that I know. 

Thanks for confirming though.

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Where did he say that? 

Please give the direct quote/tweet. 

I saw no mention of that in the thread or the summary that was posted on here the previous day. 

You either have a very active imagination or are just talking crap, unless you provide some evidence. 

Not wanting to fuel the paranoia, but under the old rules before they brought in F. F. P to stop teams from going into administration if you did go into administration wasn't it a 10point deduction?? I seem to remember leeds, maybe Rotherham and a few others getting hammered with a - 10 point start, as a punishment, so wouldn't be beyond the realms of being the same for breaking the rules brought in to stop clubs doing it , though I hope not. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Bet you don't post anything to upset the stormtroopers again handworth lol

They hunt in packs you know

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Presumably their fine reflects that they went up and then challenged the decision for many years?

1 minute ago, Mishowl said:

Are people really still talking about us and promotion this season? 

Nope, no-one realistically would think that. But DC said more or less we have to go up this season and he still believes it's possible. As long has he thinks it's possible, then we need to hang onto our best player and our couple of most important players. For me, in my opinion, Forestieri's our best player and irreplaceable. He should be worth around £20mill, when average players are going for under £10mill or over £10mill. Arguably, take Forestieri or Bannan out of our team, and we're a lower mid table relegation scrapper but with them fit and in form, we've got a fighting chance to be higher mid table with an outside chance of top 10/play offs? Realistically I don't see us going up this season but you never know at this level but if we lose either of Forestieri or Bannan, then I think to be honest, we'd face a fight to just stay up?

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you're making it up then.

If you read it, then provide a link. 

Remarkably you're the only person who is aware of the points deduction, including people who attended the meeting that I know. 

Thanks for confirming though.

There was a thread on here reporting from the meeting which was pulled. Chansiri said if not promoted we are in big trouble. He also said he was worried about a points deduction.

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Not wanting to fuel the paranoia, but under the old rules before they brought in F. F. P to stop teams from going into administration if you did go into administration wasn't it a 10point deduction?? I seem to remember leeds, maybe Rotherham and a few others getting hammered with a - 10 point start, as a punishment, so wouldn't be beyond the realms of being the same for breaking the rules brought in to stop clubs doing it , though I hope not. 

That's true, but I'm not sure if Profit and Sustainability is a continuation of those rules. 

It's not like a points deduction can be ruled out, but when you've got handsworth stating it so matter of factually (when I've not read such a thing on here or from those who attended) then you have to wonder. 

This is not defending the club btw, I think we all know things have gone t1ts up, but scare mongering and making things up doesn't help. 

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Colin needs to pay a premium.

Would be horrendous to see him leave, but understandable if the bid got bigger. 

Im not convinced DC will sell him though

Completely agree, many of the fans think DC hates them, I am the opposite I think he values their opinion too much (bar the radio decision which is an argument in its own right, and I'm not decided yet). Believe he would turn down a HUGH bid, cos despite his shortcomings he cares, which is why it has got strangely personal. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou
  • Like 1