Cardiff in for FF

From what we see, the defence is more problematic than the attack, leaving aside the midfield, which is adequate, if Lee returns, We have options in attack

notwithstanding the flair that FF brings, also bearing in mind he can play on the left, also taking into account Reach can play left wing back, quite well, thus covering FF missing on the left hand side of attack, although you have to take into account FF can also play well through the middle and has also scored goals from the right, and even from runs from the back, and more or less anywhere else on the pitch

The only real problem we have is...

working out what I just posted...

Always happy to help

Sell the likes of Forrestieri and Bannan now and we’re looking at a relegation scrap if we aren’t already.

That said a rebuild job is inevitable so when do you start it, that’s the question Mr C has to ask himself?

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Sell the likes of Forrestieri and Bannan now and we’re looking at a relegation scrap if we aren’t already.

That said a rebuild job is inevitable so when do you start it, that’s the question Mr C has to ask himself?

Who knows...

Thing is we have a shed load of players out of contract next summer, so the club can very much clear the decks. 

If we lose Nando and Bannan then I'd be amazed if we stop up tbh. 

only if it alters our predicament for the good , if we sell and can bring in then a solid cb and a defender to replace hunt and a winger who can cross  we still have winnal to come back who can score but it needs a decent supplier

He’s the best player we’ve had since Benito Carbone and I would be gutted if he left.

He looks fit and hungry this season and I’m desperate to see him play in a Sheffield derby!!

I think if we don’t go up this season he will go but not before then, especially after seeing Dejphon Chansiri’s reaction to the fan calling for him to sell him at the forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Who knows...

Thing is we have a shed load of players out of contract next summer, so the club can very much clear the decks. 

If we lose Nando and Bannan then I'd be amazed if we stop up tbh. 

Why is everyone so pessimistic if that's the case?

Say we sell FF/Bannan 20m for pair. We can use that money to sure up our defence and still have a little left over to replace them.

We'd be nowhere near top 6 but also far away from bottom 3.

4 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

only if it alters our predicament for the good , if we sell and can bring in then a solid cb and a defender to replace hunt and a winger who can cross  we still have winnal to come back who can score but it needs a decent supplier

Didn't Pinocchio want £6 mil for that CB last summer?

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why is everyone so pessimistic if that's the case?

Say we sell FF/Bannan 20m for pair. We can use that money to sure up our defence and still have a little left over to replace them.

We'd be nowhere near top 6 but also far away from bottom 3.

It makes sense, but if they go who will we bring in?

FF and BB were brought in that first season, but the vast majority of those signed since have been bobbage.

I've no confidence whatsoever that the money would be wisely spent, so we'd probably be even worse off.

Wouldnt be happy with under 15m, hes comfortably premiership quality in a 433, can see leeds sniffing around too.

If he goes we need to to invest 3-5m on 3-4 quality premier loan signings to make sure we stay up for the rebuild next season.

8 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Yes, but the signings of Van Cacken and Pelupessary don't inspire confidence.

Not only is the offer way below Forestieri's value in todays market, I honestly believe, without any disrespect to Cardiff and their fans, that they've realistically little chance of staying up? I think personally, a player like Forestieri is irreplaceable at this level and he'd be daft to leave for a club that will struggle to stay up. Unless we get a daft offer or some decent mid table too flight sides come in for him, then I can't see us losing him until January or the summer depending upon how well we do? If teams like Cardiff can put over valued prices on their players for us, then we should do the same and we shouldn't accept anything unless it's a crazy offer, in my opinion I would only consider it if it's closer to £20mill, as that would allow us to rectify FFP/P&S and strengthen other areas of the team. If I were Chansiri, I wouldn't sell Bannan or Forestieri but would consider offers for others, if we receive any and I would have a rethink in January and/or the summer.

1 minute ago, Ash77 said:

Wouldnt be happy with under 15m, hes comfortably premiership quality in a 433, can see leeds sniffing around too.

If he goes we need to to invest 3-5m on 3-4 quality premier loan signings to make sure we stay up for the rebuild next season.

Yes, but selling to Leeds would be a catastrophe.

I'd sell to Colin first.

4 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Leeds couldn't afford Vydra's wages. 

Not convinced they'd have the kind of funding available to complete a deal.