Cardiff in for FF

Guest wilyfox

Tbh if DC was open to offers for FF then I think he would have listened by now. Would be shocked by his departure this late in the window. 

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Like we replaced Loovens, Hunt, Velencio, Wallace etc. 

Well the fact that we now know we've been under an embargo since April, explains why we haven't replaced any of the above.

If I understand the P & S rules properly, it also means that we could not have offered new contracts to Loovens and Wallace or offered a contract to Venancio, even if the club wanted to.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

This is not defending the club btw, I think we all know things have gone t1ts up, but scare mongering and making things up doesn't help. 

It is a distinct possibility...DC said we are in big big bobahh next season if we do't go up...reading between the lines that can only mean one thing

11 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

Chairman didn't say that there will be points deduction, he said that he doesn't fear the financial fine, but he is worried that EFL may deduct some points, that how I understood.

That's exactly my understanding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

It is a distinct possibility...DC said we are in big big bobahh next season if we do't go up...reading between the lines that can only mean one thing

Oh yeah. 

Don't rule anything out. 

This could get a lot worse before it gets any better. 

3 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Well the fact that we now know we've been under an embargo since April, explains why we haven't replaced any of the above.

If I understand the P & S rules properly, it also means that we could not have offered new contracts to Loovens and Wallace or offered a contract to Venancio, even if the club wanted to.

How did Atdhe get a new deal?

at the end of the day nobody knows how the football league will treat us , chansiri said we will  have to go up this season or we get hit by fine /poss points deduction . ff needs to stay as without him we might as well take the points deduction now  . im not making anything up , maybe the points deduction will be lower who knows , we have already broke the rules by appx 9 million for the 3 years (last season estimated at 18 million loss) if we sell players now that will just be so we might be allowed to get some loans in ,I don't think it would effect the penalty we will pay next summer , ive been saying for 2 years we will get hit by ffp guess what I was right , it don't take a mathematical genius to know losing 21 million in a season 2016/2017 ,would have only allowed a 9 million loss last season that couldn't happen as our wage bill peaked last season at appx 28 million the only way we could have avoided ffp was selling a player or 2 last season totalling 10 million or more . 

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

It's not an opinion, It's fact.  Check out their respective records.

No it isn’t fact, it’s your opinion.

Both different types of player but if I could choose one or the other I’d choose Fernando.

Thats my opinion because I think he’s the better player of the two.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

No it isn’t fact, it’s your opinion.

Both different types of player but if I could choose one or the other I’d choose Fernando.

Thats my opinion because I think he’s the better player of the two.

133 PL appearances vs 0  109 caps vs 0.  You're making yourself look silly.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

at the end of the day nobody knows how the football league will treat us

That is correct:

Any punishment for breach of the rules will be determined by an independent panel (the ‘Fair Play Panel’).

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Presumably their fine reflects that they went up and then challenged the decision for many years?

I don't think for 1 minute our fine will be anywhere near 40 million , god I hope not , if we get hit by the worst scenario we are in league 1 still under an embargo ,asset stripped , look at Portsmouth and plenty of other examples . nobody wants this to happen ,it makes me sick thinking about it . 

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

That is correct:

Any punishment for breach of the rules will be determined by an independent panel (the ‘Fair Play Panel’).

But what are the potential punishments? Previously the Football League has only been able to either; fine promoted clubs (a fine the Premier League didn’t help them collect), or impose a transfer embargo for historic overspending (which always like a stable-door/horse scenario). With this change, a wide range of punishments are now available. Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). Transfer embargoes are also available (with the earliest one potentially applying during the Summer 2017 Transfer window.

correct 

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

at the end of the day nobody knows how the football league will treat us , chansiri said we will  have to go up this season or we get hit by fine /poss points deduction . ff needs to stay as without him we might as well take the points deduction now  . im not making anything up , maybe the points deduction will be lower who knows , we have already broke the rules by appx 9 million for the 3 years (last season estimated at 18 million loss) if we sell players now that will just be so we might be allowed to get some loans in ,I don't think it would effect the penalty we will pay next summer , ive been saying for 2 years we will get hit by ffp guess what I was right , it don't take a mathematical genius to know losing 21 million in a season 2016/2017 ,would have only allowed a 9 million loss last season that couldn't happen as our wage bill peaked last season at appx 28 million the only way we could have avoided ffp was selling a player or 2 last season totalling 10 million or more . 

So how come QPR were fined and not deducted points ? Will Birmingham be in the same boat as us ?

Can't understand why an announcement was made by the FL regarding Birmingham but nothing about us and they can now sign up to 5 players , wtf is going on?