Cardiff in for FF

We would lose our most creative player and we would still be on the limit of ffp.Its the players we still have on big money contracts such as abdi that's killing us and they still have a year to run on their contracts.Would we really want to lose ff just to pay abdi,s wages as i don't believe we would bring anybody in.   We have fletcher only just coming back from injury plus hooper still not back and win all plus has jaoa only got a year left on his contract and then dave.Wev,e gone from having an array of strikers and now we're down to the bare bones.If fernando went out chances of staying in the division would be reduced dramatically .There's also the issue of the membership and season ticket debate.If you sell your most creative players whatever the financial situation it will only get worse as people as I've said before watch football to be entertained.

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Like we replaced Loovens, Hunt, Velencio, Wallace etc. 

Got youth coming through in those positions similar to Westwood situation 2 very good young kids no need for westy we’ve got Palmer and that other lad for RB replacing hunt so not much of a loss there. Wallace Loovens both getting old and big earners got their wage off also got Stobbs,Preston thornely Nielsen respectively to replace them younger and more at pace. and again like it’s been said said we can’t even offer fresh new contracts because of the money situation and embargo. Frederico Venancio wasn’t ours anyway and can’t sign him because of embargo. 

Edited by Lomas613

1 minute ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

We would lose our most creative player and we would still be on the limit of ffp.Its the players we still have on big money contracts such as abdi that's killing us and they still have a year to run on their contracts.Would we really want to lose ff just to pay abdi,s wages as i don't believe we would bring anybody in.   We have fletcher only just coming back from injury plus hooper still not back and win all plus has jaoa only got a year left on his contract and then dave.Wev,e gone from having an array of strikers and now we're down to the bare bones.If fernando went out chances of staying in the division would be reduced dramatically .There's also the issue of the membership and season ticket debate.If you sell your most creative players whatever the financial situation it will only get worse as people as I've said before watch football to be entertained.

But who knows if points deductions are in the offing?

This season is gonna be hard, next season is gonna be a bloody nightmare...A points deduction plus a bloody nightmare..We have to avoid that surely?

Even despite the Fans Forum, P&S and FFP, we shouldn't sell Bannan or Forestieri. Practically every other player in our squad are replaceable but those two are irreplaceable. Warnock's once again proving what a class A thrower he his, spends £6mill on Madine, values his own players in the tens of millions and offering way below value like a swooping vulture for our best player when being a lifelong Pigs fan. Selling Forestieri to Warnock would be a kick in the teeth and would make him and the Pigs laugh their asses off at us. If Chansiri's serious about promotion (I honestly think it's unrealistic) then we have to keep our two most important players, sell others we can replace with loanees, instead or others that we've got adequate cover for?

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Tricky one. When he’s on it he’s tremendous to watch. So from a spectating POV would be a real shame to sell him.

BUT

Selling him won’t stop us going up as we aren’t anyway- plus we desperately need the cash.

On balance I’d say sell but with a very heavy heart. 

We've got an outside chance of promotion with him in the team, he was the top scorer and top assist maker for two years when we made the playoffs.  And look at the difference in form when he came back from injury at the end of last season.

But if we sell him tomorrow we're probably still unable to get a replacement and that also gives us a realistic chance of relegation.  

• Like 1

Just now, alanharper said:

We've got an outside chance of promotion with him in the team, he was the top scorer and top assist maker for two years when we made the playoffs.  And look at the difference in form when he came back from injury at the end of last season.

But if we sell him tomorrow we're probably still unable to get a replacement and that also gives us a realistic chance of relegation.  

You make very good points.

It depends how deep in the poo we are I suppose. We may have no option if we’re assuring the EFL we are going to sort the losses.

Of course it’s not a problem we should have to be facing. But only the people with all the info can make the call. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

with little or no time to replace Forestieri if he were sold, selling either of Bannan or Forestieri, would in my eyes turn us from a mid table side with a outside chance of making the play offs into a lower mid table side fighting relegation, like we were last season, when they were out injured 

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I marked that up..even though I had more or less said the opposite...Shows how f.ookin' confused I am lol

• Haha 2

It’s a really difficult conundrum this. We are well and truly screwed with FFP, so do we sell our only saleable asset that can win us games on his own and try and bring in some loans to try and keep us in the league and start to build for the future or do we stay stubborn and keep him and say we’ll deal with the consequences next season. I’d probably look to sell for about 13 million and secure our future. What a truly awful decision to have to make. But we really do need to start selling players to reinvigorate the squad with new talent, similar to what Derby have been doing. Without promotion which won’t happen this year clubs have no choice but to sell their better players in order to bring new players in. FFP FFS

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Sell him for 12/15m.

Sign Bakary Sako on a free transfer as his replacement.

Sign Moses Odubajo on a free transfer as Hunt replacement.

Easy this management lark lol

He signed for Brentford.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Warnock would be laughing his head off if he went to Cardiff. 

How can we sell our best player when wanting promotion ffs. Hope DC stands by his word unless he now thinks f it to spite the fans. 

Anyhow he's just given a young lad a shirt from his hero. 

Warnock will be laughing already, it's probably one of his wind ups. Once a scrubber...

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You make very good points.

It depends how deep in the poo we are I suppose. We may have no option if we’re assuring the EFL we are going to sort the losses.

Of course it’s not a problem we should have to be facing. But only the people with all the info can make the call. 

Yep, that's why (as I think I may have said earlier in the thread) I wouldn't sell FF in this window unless it's for absolutely crazy money. If we've got a chance of going up in January do our damndest to keep him then, if we're miles off then cash in the chips as it'd be our last chance to do so and still get big money.   

I wouldn't want to lose Bannan and Joao who are the only others we'd get decent money for right now but I'd sell them both ahead of FF. 

Just one question. 

Apparently we are paying through the roof because apparently you have to if you want the best players. 

If we sell our best players does this mean we will therefore see a reduction in ticket costs?

I won't be holding my breath 

Cardiff probably planning for relegation and already one eye on next season to try to go back up.

Can't see Forestieri as a premier league player now getting on towards 30 as someone would have gambled by now.

£12-15m would be about right and we could get a few in.