BBC Video of the brawl

Watched the video there, looked a dicey challenge from Fessi but a total over reaction (almost pre-meditated) from Mansfield. Maybe this is the RL coming out in me here but I think Tommy Lees just made a case for being skipper. Let's hope we get the kants at theirs in the FA 3rd round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mmmbop said:

In all fairness (whatever the flashpoint was) Mansfield took huge liberties there. Every Wednesday fan should feel offended by what Mansfield did to us. Kicking, grabbing, punching, pushing and goodness knows what else. They insulted Wednesday in a big way and imo, should be seen to by the Wednesday boys.

Shut up. Let’s step away from the 1980’s hooligan mentality of ‘sending the boys roubd’ 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

If the FA tacke any action is should be against Mansfield 6, 7, 8, 17, 26.

And that's just with one viewing.

sounds about right that; bad tackle from Nando but no need for the gratuitous violence from the yellow shirts.

Roll on Saturday.

2 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

That shows nothing bad for us whatsoever apart from Forestieri's yellow 

Very true.  

Sadly the FA will probably just go with the refs report.

Something like this I shouldn't wonder...

"The Wednesday striker committed a foul, which I awarded and then he started swinging punches , he the headed the ball violently away twice with his face before throwing himself on the floor in an act of unsporting conduct after headbutting the fist of a Mansfield player who had come to calm him down"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Very true.  

Sadly the FA will probably just go with the refs report.

Something like this I shouldn't wonder...

"The Wednesday striker committed a foul, which I awarded and then he started swinging punches , he the headed the ball violently away twice with his face before throwing himself on the floor in an act of unsporting conduct after headbutting the fist of a Mansfield player who had come to calm him down"

Good description of events, Snoots.

From that video the only thing that FF can possibly be charged for is leaving the scene of an accident without exchanging names and addresses.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish this would all go away now so we can get excited for Saturday

I am excited.  Can't wait until we kick thefuck out of Wigan first game proper. Hoping Nielsen starts and maybe have Geoffrey on the bench.

Edited by sonofbert2

Definitely looks like Mansfield the main perpetrators of any 'brawling'.

I thought it was interesting yesterday that Radio Sheffield reported on it ever time they mentioned the game in their sports bulletin but no mention of the brawl on Radio Nottingham, just the game. Something to hide perhaps?

Some of the Mansfield players where a total disgrace. Fair enough, FF tackle was reckless but the sheer aggression in the follow up from Mansfield was discusting. 

All this about FF starting it is there way of justifying the retaliation. 

Now, I don’t know the full story, but whatever’s happened, it’s no excuse to act like Mansfield did. 

Well, they're scrubbers aren't they, their players.

One only need see their faces. 

They have the shiny cheeked,  short foreheaded,  flinty eyed, inflated nasolabials features  that you would associate with a team of want to-be gangstas,  who despite having the best cars on the estate through their nefarious activities still manage to secure an FA funding for their Sunday league side of account of them being deprived. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3