#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not at £40 a ticket no

Not to mention a ground with a capacity approaching 40,000 but 8,000 seats cannot be used because no investment has been made in the stadium other than painting his name everywhere - Stadium upgrades/making it safe for fans does not affect FFP, more seats could potentially mean more revenue and helping with FFP - So I ask you why has no the issues raised by SAG not been sorted nearly 18 months after the stadium capacity was reduced to 32,000

My personal view is that the Leppings Lane end should be levelled as a priority (for any number of reasons - some inescapable) and regardless of what division we are in. We can replace it with a more modern end that's smaller in capacity but gives us far more modern facilities, and a total overhaul of our corporate side. Hillsborough doesn't need to have 40,000 seats and the Lepp in particular doesn't need to accommodate for so many away fans. Why not rebuild it to accommodate for just 3,000 but utilise much more of the space for commercial purposes.

This won't happen for 2 main reasons. Firstly is I believe Chansiri see's our future away from Hillsborough and was hoping to be in the Premiership by now to formally announce such plans, and secondly his tenure as been utterly wasteful/neglectful of the commercial space we already have, so why bother creating more.

Edited by sheffield_dave

52 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

So you don’t think we would fill Hillsborough if we were in the premier? Because Sheffield is a working class northern city? 

Against Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, yes

against Huddersfield or Bournemouth, we'd get no more than 26k

As much as I don't agree with those high prices, I don't understand what the alternative is.  We're deep in the mire on P&S, we've had to submit our projections to the EFL and at the minute it looks like we don't have any head room to sign players unless we ship some out.  The club has a mediocre revenue stream as it is, so other than selling our very best players (which some on here seem to have forgotten we have) we've got to find a way to make more money.  Could we do better off the pitch, yes but that's not going to earn us millions extra a year.

Like I said, I don't like it but the alternative is we go back to being a team that occupy the bottom of the Championship or top of League 1.  If that's what you want then fine, we can go back to £20  tickets I'm sure.  

Ultimately we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

As much as I don't agree with those high prices, I don't understand what the alternative is.  We're deep in the mire on P&S, we've had to submit our projections to the EFL and at the minute it looks like we don't have any head room to sign players unless we ship some out.  The club has a mediocre revenue stream as it is, so other than selling our very best players (which some on here seem to have forgotten we have) we've got to find a way to make more money.  Could we do better off the pitch, yes but that's not going to earn us millions extra a year.

Like I said, I don't like it but the alternative is we go back to being a team that occupy the bottom of the Championship or top of League 1.  If that's what you want then fine, we can go back to £20  tickets I'm sure.  

I think matti pretty much nails it. 

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So you mean we won’t improve if we all pay £20?

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I assume you are talking STs and that’s more than most other clubs in the division. FACT. Whether you think that price is reasonable is down to you.  But it doesn’t change the fact that we are more expensive than most other clubs for STs and our opening POTG price could well be the most expensive in the division. 

I’ll list the cheapest ST prices if you insist. And the comparative POTG figures. It may not bother you. Fine. But don’t dispute the facts. You just look a bit silly. 

If you want to live your life shopping in the out of date shelf in Home Bargains and Poundland that’s entirely your prerogative . Personally I like value for money and I think our season ticket prices are exceptional value.

If you deem any other club in the division charging a few pennies per match less better value then that’s fine, please go and take full advantage but they are not the club I support!.

Just chill a little, enjoy life and please stop complaining about every single thing you can about Wednesday.

You really are a prize clown!

Happy bargain hunting lol 

This thread perfectly illustrates why we pay the prices that we do at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, we have far too many I’m alright jacks that will happily see their fellow fans fall by the wayside if it makes them feel better as a proper fan.

Say what you want about Blades fans being scrubbers and all that  but they’d look after their own. They at least understand that a club is only as good as it’s fans. 

This club doesn’t seem to want fans, it wants clients. Enjoy the rising prices each and every year, one day when the shirts are £85 and seasons tickets are nearly at a grand you might be able to tell the empty blue seat next to you that you’ve finally had enough TruFan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

If you want to live your life shopping in the out of date shelf in Home Bargains and Poundland that’s entirely your prerogative . Personally I like value for money and I think our season ticket prices are exceptional value.

For the fourth season running our season tickets will be the second most expensive in the division. 

In the previous three seasons we've finished 6th, 4th and 15th.

Please explain where the exceptional value for money is? 

2 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

Do you seriously think dc Gives a throw about attendance numbers 

He will in 10 years time when the next generation of potential Owls fans grow up without watching Wednesday and all newcomers to the city choose to watch the cheaper club right in the heart of the city.

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Buy in advance cheapest ticket at the pigs for the first game is £27. It's £30 for Derby against Leeds for Lampard's first game.  Cheapest ticket at Villa £20.

Wednesday set their own prices as does every club. 

Yep. As I said, Wednesday set their own prices. But FFP rules imo is forcing them to do it. 

Lets be reyt here. Chansiri is not making a bean right now.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Just need to save up a bit in advance that’s all. 

I reckon I might be able to make 2 or 3 trips before the end of the season if I plan my finances accordingly, and around my fishing of course. In fact I’ve already got £14 put to one side. 

Will probably watch the Leeds and West Brom games on telly at the pub (got rid of Sky as I couldn’t afford that either). I’ll try to watch any others streaming when somebody knows some streams.

You have to cut your cloth accordingly nowadays and it’ll only get worse under Brexit.

I’ll be wearing an old shirt too, probably my Sanderson shirt. Not paying for a new one. 

No pie either. I’ll bring a sandwich with me.

All in the planning really.

Can’t wait for Rhodes to get his old form back too. Really looking forward to him banging them in.

Probably potted meat. I love potted dog.

• Haha 2

the prices are poor and too high ,that's why a season ticket is a no brainer. im not sticking up for chansiri but he cant reduce the prices due to our 27 million wage bill and little chance of getting it down much until the high earners contracts run out , the fault of it all lies at his door for trusting carlos with all his money,chansiri took such poor advise . so now we  for at least 2 years maybe 3 will have little or no investment ,our only sellable assets if sold would almost certainly get us relegated . 

11 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

For the fourth season running our season tickets will be the second most expensive in the division. 

In the previous three seasons we've finished 6th, 4th and 15th.

Please explain where the exceptional value for money is? 

£23 per game is exceptional value for money to watch THE TEAM I SUPPORT!

Any more “ITK” rubbish from George and his dad ?

How’s Belgium?

Do keep us updated lol 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, torres said:

Exactly  - really what were they expecting!!

Note to non season ticket holders - it's going to be like this for at least 5 more years now

Well it’s going to drive fans away . What will we be charged if we actually do go up !!!!