#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

2 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Purely my opinion but demanding promotion is beyond stupid 

I agree with you that demanding promotion is stupid.

Unfortunately so is your opinion that this is purely financial or people need to get a better paid job. It's a simplistic, stupid opinion.

You said in your previous post that people either suck it up or don't go. That people are doing exactly that and choosing not to bother is a massive problem for the club and that's what people are finding so frustrating.

I'm far more annoyed about the long term damage potentially caused by this exploitive, short term financial thinking than I am about my own ability to afford any of this (which I'm fortunate enough to not be a major issue, personally).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

how much are our senior citizen season tickets?

Yea, I see where you are coming from but without digging back through old OT posts or old website records

I can only quote my own cost.

My North Stand three year ST, which still has 1 season to run, cost £820, so £275 per season.

I realise that this is more than the cost of ths Huddersfield ticket but my point is that,IMO the Senior Citizens of

Huddersfield are being asked, in part, to subsidise the cost of the tickets to the rest of the ST holders.

Just now, oldtawnyowl said:

Yea, I see where you are coming from but without digging back through old OT posts or old website records

I can only quote my own cost.

My North Stand three year ST, which still has 1 season to run, cost £820, so £275 per season.

I realise that this is more than the cost of ths Huddersfield ticket but my point is that,IMO the Senior Citizens of

Huddersfield are being asked, in part, to subsidise the cost of the tickets to the rest of the ST holders.

Yeah I see what your'e saying

I guess this is one of those situations where both are points are both right and yet wrong if you know what I mean

Owlstalk Shop

Just need to save up a bit in advance that’s all. 

I reckon I might be able to make 2 or 3 trips before the end of the season if I plan my finances accordingly, and around my fishing of course. In fact I’ve already got £14 put to one side. 

Will probably watch the Leeds and West Brom games on telly at the pub (got rid of Sky as I couldn’t afford that either). I’ll try to watch any others streaming when somebody knows some streams.

You have to cut your cloth accordingly nowadays and it’ll only get worse under Brexit.

I’ll be wearing an old shirt too, probably my Sanderson shirt. Not paying for a new one. 

No pie either. I’ll bring a sandwich with me.

All in the planning really.

Can’t wait for Rhodes to get his old form back too. Really looking forward to him banging them in.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1

I'm just going into last year of my 3 year ST ,but it's the POTD fans I feel for. Those prices are a disgrace for championship football. 

There is no justification for those prices what so ever. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, g-owls said:

Little old Huddersfield.

The team that beat us in the play-offs and ended up in the Premier League.

£149 for a season ticket in most adult cases.

They are better run than us , but even they would admit they got lucky As for ticket prices it’s the only way they can come even close to selling out , even for premier league games is  having low prices, living in the town it’s full of people buying season tickets for family who pick and. Chose  games, not who go week in week out. 

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

They are better run than us , but even they would admit they got lucky As for ticket prices it’s the only way they can come even close to selling out , even for premier league games is  having low prices, living in the town it’s full of people buying season tickets for family who pick and. Chose  games, not who go week in week out. 

They know their market. Huddersfield seem quite happy to embrace the small town aspect of the club and use it to their advantage. Sounds like good business acumen to me.

Wednesday meanwhile seem to forget where and what Sheffield is.

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Does the prices for the games having anything to do with the fact Huddersfield is a working class area in the North of England --------- wait a minute that sound familiar, a shame DC thinks Sheffield is a suburb of North London.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

They know their market. Huddersfield seem quite happy to embrace the small town aspect of the club and use it to their advantage. Sounds like good business acumen to me.

Wednesday meanwhile seem to forget where and what Sheffield is.

You mean Chansiri seems to have no idea where and what Sheffield is. He seems oblivious to the fact that South Yorkshire is one of the most deprived parts of Europe. 

• Like 1

The frustrating thing for me is they have all these different categories but how often do we use cat e f or g. We charge cat c or d prices for the likes of Brentford or Millwall which is ridiculous. We should only be using the top prices for games where demand will always be there such as pigs, Leeds and villa. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

a team that bar a few players will be full of free agents and kids

Yeah, bar Forestieri, Reach, Hooper, Pudil, Van Aken, Joey, Joao and Bannan we'll have to watch those bloody free agents Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees and Lee.

• Like 1

Just now, owls maniac said:

You mean Chansiri seems to have no idea where and what Sheffield is. He seems oblivious to the fact that South Yorkshire is one of the most deprived parts of Europe. 

No I think I was right the first time.

Are "Wednesday" and "Chansiri" mutually exclusive at this point? Doesn't feel like it.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Simply not true ........... a minimum 21k will be paying an average of £23 per game!

I assume you are talking STs and that’s more than most other clubs in the division. FACT. Whether you think that price is reasonable is down to you.  But it doesn’t change the fact that we are more expensive than most other clubs for STs and our opening POTG price could well be the most expensive in the division. 

I’ll list the cheapest ST prices if you insist. And the comparative POTG figures. It may not bother you. Fine. But don’t dispute the facts. You just look a bit silly. 

Membership at £90 is ridiculous.

If it was £50, with £10 off per game, it would be worth having, but its not.

Me and my wife are in the 3rd year of a 3 year ST so at the moment I'm not bothered.

But in 12 months, Wednesday will probably have lost another two fans.  I can watch 7 or 8 matches on a week of Sky Now for £12.99 and save £15 a time in petrol on every home game.

I've been going since 1958 so I imagine I'll still go to the odd game.  More out of habit than sense.

Prices for 2018/19 for our upgraded Membership packages are £90 for adults, while junior Owls pay £40.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

South Yorkshire is one of the most deprived parts of Europe

It's the 5th poorest in Northern Europe actually. If you include Eastern and Southern Europe it's got some serious competition.

Ever been to Romania? 

Poor.JPG