#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

With no new signings and strong rumours of star players leaving I will wait and see what the season brings. Increasing prices is not the answer. I have been a member for several years as I can't get to all matches. Started at £25, last year £50 now £90. This gets me discounts in the shop and £5 off a ticket with some other privileges?

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It just gives an opportunity to the serial whingers and those who wouldn’t attend a match if it was £5 per game to vent their collective bile at those who actually do go and actually enjoy the experience!

God forbid another playoff final and they can’t get a ticket.......... OT meltdown!

It’s not that at all. It’s because our prices are likely to be the highest in the Division for the first game. Simple as. 

9 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

If each club kept their own TV income we would be able to compete with the vast majority of Premier League landfill clubs like Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford etc etc who survive on inflated TV money from households paying to watch MUFC Liverpool Arsenal etc. They would have to compete on gate receipts. This is the real problem we face.

No FFP was bent from the start it should not be based on losses or turnover as the bigger clubs will on the whole always do better.

What is should be is every team has the same budget of say £20-30m that budget has to include players transfer, wages, incentive. Any team that breaks the limit is not allowed promotion to the Premier League.

This works very well in the American sports and even out the playing field so the best run clubs are normally the ones that thrive not the ones doing back door deals, where they get players for nothing but pay big fees if they gain promotion ala Wolves. But English football is controlled by the Premier League the FA are puppets to them and the Football league need to grow a backbone 1% of the sky tv money goes to 72 football league team the other 99% goes to 20 premier league teams. 

Until we have a governing body for the people and the sport and not to look after themselves nothing will change in this country - unless every person in the country cancelled their sky subscription tomorrow of course.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It’s not that at all. It’s because our prices are likely to be the highest in the Division for the first game. Simple as. 

Simply not true ........... a minimum 21k will be paying an average of £23 per game!

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Equailty of TV money is what keeps the Prem vaguely competitive.  Remove that and the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool would have revenue streams that would dwarf everyone else's to an even greater extent than now.  

Are you having a laugh? The Prem isn't vaguely competitive its completely predictable. What is wrong is that West Brom earned £95m last season for being relegated.  Who cares if the top six get more money, we aren't ever competing with them. The clubs we could compete with are being artificially financially supported. And every prospective foreign owner wants a bit of it. 

5 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

People who moan at these prices will spend there money on £10 pack of fags a day or booze

That's their choice and their right tho

Sheffielders booze, and some smoke, and it's all part of the Sheffield lifestyle. Sheffield people work hard and want to relax at the end of the week with their mates down the pub surely?

In an ideal world all Wednesday fans want to chill out with their mates in a pub at the weekend, have a Bere's sandwich and some want a smoke, then head down to the ground to watch Wednesday

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's their choice and their right tho

Sheffielders booze, and some smoke, and it's all part of the Sheffield lifestyle. Sheffield people work hard and want to relax at the end of the week with their mates down the pub surely?

In an ideal world all Wednesday fans want to chill out with their mates in a pub at the weekend, have a Bere's sandwich and some want a smoke, then head down to the ground to watch Wednesday

Well in life you can't have everything and you can't throw your toys out when you can't get everything you want

Either get a better paid job or save up

Football is a business now  not a charity 

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Looking higher up the chain at the issue and Sky Sports is to blame

And even more crucially all those who pay for Sky Sports to watch the footy

It's all a domino effect down from the households paying for Sky

They buy Sky cos they wanna watch the footy though so....

I feel I've got to defend myself (and no doubt others) against this statement.

I subscribe to Sky Sports but it sure ain't for the football.

I've just spent the weekend watching the greatest golfing competition in the world - The Open Championship. They also have the other 3 majors plus all the US and Euro tours. Oh and the Ryder Cup in September! 

Then there's the cricket - all England home Test matches ODI's T20's etc.

Then there's the kids channels for my daughter.

Sky One/Atlantic for the missus.

Anyway...I'm sure you get my point. I don't subscribe to Sky for the football, I might have watched 10 games max (excluding ours) all last season. Sky are a necessary evil in many people's lives but not always for the reasons you might think.

There's just no alternative so we feed the monster. 

Can't we just rewind the time and go back to the 80's? One game a week on TV max (usually Liverpool) and football generally belonging to the people! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

Little old Huddersfield.

The team that beat us in the play-offs and ended up in the Premier League.

£149 for a season ticket in most adult cases.

Yes 'Uddersfield's ST's are considerably cheaper than ours but there is no need to exaggerate.:picnic:

They are, in fact £249 not £149 and bear in mind there are no concessions for Senior citizens!!

And, yes, they beat us to the Premier League and so receive about £150m in premiership payouts

plus extra Sky TV monies.

Mind you, if we are successful in gaining promotion this season I don't think DC would match 'uddersfield's prices.:rolleyes:

Just now, Gateford_Owl said:

I feel I've got to defend myself (and no doubt others) against this statement.

I subscribe to Sky Sports but it sure ain't for the football.

I've just spent the weekend watching the greatest golfing competition in the world - The Open Championship. They also have the other 3 majors plus all the US and Euro tours. Oh and the Ryder Cup in September! 

Then there's the cricket - all England home Test matches ODI's T20's etc.

Then there's the kids channels for my daughter.

Sky One/Atlantic for the missus.

Anyway...I'm sure you get my point. I don't subscribe to Sky for the football, I might have watched 10 games max (excluding ours) all last season. Sky are a necessary evil in many people's lives but not always for the reasons you might think.

Yeah fair point and very well made

Golf and Cricket tho...  To me that's like watching a caterpillar crawl from top of Fargate to Park Square Roundabout

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, oldtawnyowl said:

Yes 'Uddersfield's ST's are considerably cheaper than ours but there is no need to exaggerate.:picnic:

They are, in fact £249 not £149 and bear in mind there are no concessions for Senior citizens!!

how much are our senior citizen season tickets?

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Are you having a laugh? The Prem isn't vaguely competitive its completely predictable. What is wrong is that West Brom earned £95m last season for being relegated.  Who cares if the top six get more money, we aren't ever competing with them. The clubs we could compete with are being artificially financially supported. And every prospective foreign owner wants a bit of it. 

The parachute payments are nothing short of ludicrous.. Even more annoying when the clubs who get them seemingly don't set any of the funds aside for the reason they were introduced , they blow it all on new players, paying high transfer fee's and high wages to get back out of the Championship - ala Villa etc..etc.. 

2 hours ago, pioowl said:

Be careful you could be accused of giving credit where credits due.Not something often seen on this forum.

2 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

Only the most investment in our history , two seasons at a real crack at promotion for the first time  in 15 years.

Players like Fernando,Hooper and bannan playing for our club rather than dream signings

The fans have paid jackshit compared to Dc

Stop talking utter  b##locks

Hardly a fair comparison about what fans have paid “compared to DC”. He comes from a billionairre family, percentage wise I think you’ll find your average fan has spent waaaaay more. Not to mention it’s his club, he HAS to spend money to buy, maintain, improve it. That’s not our job.