#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Go on then. What are the prices for the opening game? 

I didn’t actually mention anything about the opening game. But anyway, had a quick look at Bristol City. Looks like they have two categories - Silver and Gold. 

Their first home game against Forest is a “Gold” category.  Based on an adult ticket: 

Cheapest non-members price is 33 quid. Most expensive is 42 quid.

Cheapest members price is 28 quid and most expensive is 38 quid.

2D4EE751-4550-4A69-A645-322AE6669DDD.jpeg

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

I didn’t actually mention anything about the opening game. But anyway, had a quick look at Bristol City. Looks like they have two categories - Silver and Gold. 

Their first home game against Forest is a “Gold” category.  Based on an adult ticket: 

Cheapest non-members price is 33 quid. Most expensive is 42 quid.

Cheapest members price is 28 quid and most expensive is 38 quid.

2D4EE751-4550-4A69-A645-322AE6669DDD.jpeg

So they’re cheaper than us. And your point is? 

Norwich are also charging some daft prices this year. Cat a+ 50 quid for an adult. 

It’s not just a Wednesday thing. Football in general is a rip off and I blame the greed in the game. I blame daft FFP rules and unfair parachute payments.

FFP rules imo force clubs to increase prices - whether it’s an excuse or a necessity I’ve no idea. Personally I think Chansiri has our best interests, and he’s pushing these prices out of necessity. Maybe I’m naive I dunno. But he’s not making bean out of us, and is plugging the gap with his own cash.

the price difference between season ticket and pay on the day are fecking ridiculous ……..i'm 65 and pay 13 quid a game my mate who's 65 in august but they wont  sell him a season ticket coz he misses the 4th of august cut off point by a few days  will if he  turns out for hull game  pay £42 to sit next to me  ……..even if I paid for a normal ST at 23 quid a game the difference would still be too much …...I feel for those that cant for what ever reason get a ST and can well understand there anger . I know I wouldn't pay it .   

• Like 1

I hate the fact that this is a point that's rearing it's head again but the sad facts of the matter are that we will not attract new fans with an aggressive pricing structure in place.

You can say what you like about the lowest priced games being £20 but there is zero justification for the highest priced tickets being close to £50 a chuck.

It's a penalty for not purchasing a season ticket or membership at best, it's completely cutting off a proportion of the fanbase at worst.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the price difference between season ticket and pay on the day are fecking ridiculous ……..i'm 65 and pay 13 quid a game my mate who's 65 in august but they wont  sell him a season ticket coz he misses the 4th of august cut off point by a few days  will if he  turns out for hull game  pay £42 to sit next to me 

Yeah thats bonkers

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah thats bonkers

it's crazy ....for 22 games he'd be a pensioner but because he's only 64 for the 1st game he's not allowed to buy a concession season ticket …..he's been a regular since 1962 and held a season ticket for the last few years...I think it's a disgrace.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd agree with that 100%

If you can afford to get a season ticket then you just can't beat it

Still one of the dearest in the league so not good value at all , only looks good because potg prices as so high 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Still one of the dearest in the league so not good value at all , only looks good because potg prices as so high 

I think to be able to watch championship football for under 20 quid a game is value for money ….what other clubs charge doesn't alter that .

10 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

FWIW -

The average price of our cheapest pay on the gate ticket - 

2014/15 - £23.57

2015/16 - £31.17

2016/17 - £33.26

2017/18 - £32.83

Twas a bit cheaper to watch Carlos side play last autumn and not have a shot on goal then

maybe we could introduce a system where instead of paying on the way in we pay on the way out and pay £1 per shot on goal?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Norwich are also charging some daft prices this year. Cat a+ 50 quid for an adult. 

It’s not just a Wednesday thing. Football in general is a rip off and I blame the greed in the game. I blame daft FFP rules and unfair parachute payments.

FFP rules imo force clubs to increase prices - whether it’s an excuse or a necessity I’ve no idea. Personally I think Chansiri has our best interests, and he’s pushing these prices out of necessity. Maybe I’m naive I dunno. But he’s not making bean out of us, and is plugging the gap with his own cash.

Norwich are cheaper than us for the first game of the season. 

31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's crazy ....for 22 games he'd be a pensioner but because he's only 64 for the 1st game he's not allowed to buy a concession season ticket …..he's been a regular since 1962 and held a season ticket for the last few years...I think it's a disgrace.

He will have got his juvenile season ticket for longer as a young'un though.

Swings and roundabouts

lol

• Like 1

Remember when Prince Naseem used to come out for his fights at the arena and fly down to the ring on a magic carpet after dancing like Michael Jackson in a graveyard?

We should get the players to come on like that

nobody ever complained about the ticket prices for prince Naseem fight because of the flying carpet thing  makes sense to replicate that and therefore reduce and eliminate any moaning from our fans aboht ticket pricing once and for all

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

He will in 10 years time when the next generation of potential Owls fans grow up without watching Wednesday and all newcomers to the city choose to watch the cheaper club right in the heart of the city.

DC will have sold up and be long gone in 10 years time,so he still won't care