#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

23 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Bullshit we would have more than 27 k season tickets

Not so sure it's bullshit mate..

Leicester sold 23k the year after they won the title

Liverpool sold 25k the same year 

Chelsea sold 25k the same year 

Teams cap how many season tickets they sell so they can make more money on match day sales. 

Do you think Chansiri would want to miss out on fans paying 50 quid on the gate? He'll cap season ticket sales as low as he can if we get to the Prem, and given what clubs the size of Liverpool and Chelsea sell (with bigger stadiums than us) you can assume ours will be lower. 

Therefore, assume our season ticket sales are 23k, I can't see 4k turning up to see us play Bournemouth with the stupid prices Chansiri will set for match day.

9 minutes ago, Standidno said:

The over 30’s amongst us know we would average about 26/27 in prem. Been there seen it done it. Not too dissimilar attendances to now. I’ve just read someone say we’d have 27k s/t holders in prem. 

Dream big kid.

This is correct,we would,it amuses me no end that we have fans who think we'd sell out every game because we would be in the premier league,we didn't from the inception of the premier in 1992,but hark whats that i hear them say "We need a new purpose built 40,000 stadium,with reyt good facilities"..................wowsers.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well it’s going to drive fans away . What will we be charged if we actually do go up !!!! 

If we go up (or down for that matter) because of 5 year season tickets I can’t see it changing at all.

How can it?? It would be to the detriment of 5 year season ticket holders 

Fans have to understand the cheapest way to watch us is going to be with the purchase of a season ticket 

13 minutes ago, Standidno said:

The over 30’s amongst us know we would average about 26/27 in prem. Been there seen it done it. Not too dissimilar attendances to now. I’ve just read someone say we’d have 27k s/t holders in prem. 

Dream big kid.

I'd like to think it would be more, hopefully that generation take their kids and so on, but we don't help ourselves get new fans with our ticket prices. I also remember the post on here last year where we were offering the universities tickets for £15 and the Pigs did for £10. Probably gifted them a fair few lifetime fans there. 

But as I said in my previous post, even if there is a demand, Chansiri will cap season ticket sales like other clubs do, and probably put current match day prices up by £20.

Even at current prices in the Premier League, are the likes of Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham, Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Burnley, Wolves and Fulham going to attract more than a few thousand at £40+?

So yeah actually I completely agree with you. Would average 30k if we were lucky.

Edited by Carbone

Just now, torres said:

If we go up (or down for that matter) because of 5 year season tickets I can’t see it changing at all.

How can it?? It would be to the detriment of 5 year season ticket holders 

Fans have to understand the cheapest way to watch us is going to be with the purchase of a season ticket 

No sorry I didn’t mean season ticket holders . For the rest well prices are only going one way . 

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

This is correct,we would,it amuses me no end that we have fans who think we'd sell out every game because we would be in the premier league,we didn't from the inception of the premier in 1992,but hark whats that i hear them say "We need a new purpose built 40,000 stadium,with reyt good facilities"..................wowsers.

Football has changed since 2000 when Wednesday were last in the Premier League.

Clubs many on here would consider traditionally smaller then Wednesday get sell outs or near sell outs every week in the Premier League. Think Wednesday would be same.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Clubs many on here would consider traditionally smaller then Wednesday get sell outs or near sell outs every week in the Premier League. Think Wednesday would be same.

You keep telling ya self that fella.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

£23 per game is exceptional value for money

In which case the vast majority of our peers must be offering really exceptional value for money because they’re even “cheaper”.  Pesky facts eh? 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

In which case the vast majority of our peers must be offering really exceptional value for money because they’re even “cheaper”.  Pesky facts eh? 

But they aren’t the team I support!!!!

even if they charged £5 per game it would be £5 wasted because I don’t support them!

Exceptional VFM for the team I support.....

is that really that difficult for you to comprehend?

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

But they aren’t the team I support!!!!

even if they charged £5 per game it would be £5 wasted because I don’t support them!

Exceptional VFM for the team I support.....

is that really that difficult for you to comprehend?

:ghoulguy:

Edited by rickygoo

38 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Who in the Prem smaller than us gets 35k going every week? :wacko:

Surely you're not putting any significance on Bournemouth selling out 11k a week

Im not defending the Cat A or Cat B prices - prices of tickets should ideally be capped at £30 but having said that i do think the under 18, under 11, and under 5 prices are spot on and should encourage new kids to come.

A dad, his 16 yr old and 10 yr old can sit in the North Stand or Grandstand for a total of £64 for a Cat C game without membership. 

Personally i think that is good value for an afternoon out. You dont need to buy food, drink or programmes (which rack the price up) to enjoy the football with your family.

22 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Im not defending the Cat A or Cat B prices - prices of tickets should ideally be capped at £30 but having said that i do think the under 18, under 11, and under 5 prices are spot on and should encourage new kids to come.

A dad, his 16 yr old and 10 yr old can sit in the North Stand or Grandstand for a total of £64 for a Cat C game without membership. 

Personally i think that is good value for an afternoon out. You dont need to buy food, drink or programmes (which rack the price up) to enjoy the football with your family.

Kids prices are amazing to be fair

Only downsize is that whoever takes them has to sell their kidneys to be able to afford to sit next to them

lol

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Is that really the best you can come back with?

I don’t need to come back with anything. You think Wednesday being at the top end of pricing is fine. I don’t.

You’re winning and having your way - from ticket prices to kits to memberships. Enjoy. 

• Like 1