#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

17 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Sky and BT sports allows  access to a huge amount of first class entertainment at a price most can afford compare it to going to Hillsborough I have been a sky sports customer for 26 years  and a bt sports customer as soon as it came out. I wouldn't be without it. 

100% but it's driven up ticket prices at football

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Check this out from the pigs - doesnt take much to create a positive news story... 

Are you coming to watch the Blades in action for the very first time and would love an exclusive introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane? Then look no further than our new Home Debut package.

The Package

• Our Home Debut experience is available to all supporters coming to watch Sheffield United at Bramall Lane for the very first time, and best of all, it's FREE!
  • One of our very own Home Debut hosts will meet you upon your arrival to the ground at our brand-new Blades Family Hub
  • From here, your Home Debut host will take you on a mini introduction around the ground, highlighting key areas on a match day including: the best places to get food and drink, where our match day family activities take place and even the best seats in the house
  • Not only will you get a great introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane, but you will also get the opportunity to have your picture taken on the pitch and your photo in our match day programme
  • If that wasn't enough, as a last final welcome to Sheffield United Football Club, we will provide you with one of our exclusive ‘Home Debut Discount' vouchers with exclusive home debut discounts for you and your friends, including:
    • 10% off any purchase in our Blades Superstore
    • 10% off a full Stadium tour for up to 4 people
    • £2 off your first drink in the Blades International Bar

Don't forget to register your interest now with our Families and Juniors Coordinator Jon Helliwell, to let him know it's your first time visiting Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane!

Hate to admit it, but this is an absolutely brilliant incentive to go and watch the Grunters ...

why the hell haven't we got something like this going at our club? - i mean, even if we did, the discounts in the store and tour would have ridiculous restrictions like not able to spend on the kit, tour but can't look in any of the main rooms etc! lol

On 24/07/2018 at 18:20, mattitheowl said:

As much as I don't agree with those high prices, I don't understand what the alternative is.  We're deep in the mire on P&S, we've had to submit our projections to the EFL and at the minute it looks like we don't have any head room to sign players unless we ship some out.  The club has a mediocre revenue stream as it is, so other than selling our very best players (which some on here seem to have forgotten we have) we've got to find a way to make more money.  Could we do better off the pitch, yes but that's not going to earn us millions extra a year.

Like I said, I don't like it but the alternative is we go back to being a team that occupy the bottom of the Championship or top of League 1.  If that's what you want then fine, we can go back to £20  tickets I'm sure.  

Ultimately we can't have our cake and eat it too.

No it doesn't .. I know the loaded bullshavitz q&a that was sent out came out with the preposterous notion that to have top dollar players, we have to pay top dollar prices.. no it doesn't have to be that way. Look whats happened with the big money flops we've signed on long expensive contracts. Champagne prices for a bucks fizz product.

Why isn't there a middle ground. Competitive prices and then get the Manager, the staff and every bugger involved with the club to work their knackers off and make us a competitive outfit on and bloody off the field with a competitive budget.

Off the field definitely needs a hell of a lot of work still, absolutely. There is so much opportunity and avenues that we can go down and exploit but the club just resort to the easy go to option of getting the fans to flipping pay for it all when they are struggling as it is.

Last year, with some of the stuff Miere brought about, i thought we were heading in the right direction, but with the release of the Kit, Ticket and MC prices .. feels like its gone backwards a few steps ..

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100% but it's driven up ticket prices at football

I don't agree with this. I don't like a lot of what Sky has done to Footy but I don't think it can be blamed for high ticket prices.

Sky gave the clubs millions and the clubs could have decided to use this money to lower prices. Instead clubs got greedy and decided to exploit supporters as much as they could.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't agree with this. I don't like a lot of what Sky has done to Footy but I don't think it can be blamed for high ticket prices.

Sky gave the clubs millions and the clubs could have decided to use this money to lower prices. Instead clubs got greedy and decided to exploit supporters as much as they could.

Sky TV has driven up profile and demand for football which in turn has meant that chairmen can exploit it into higher ticket prices

Think that's what I meant to say

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

No it doesn't .. I know the loaded bullshavitz q&a that was sent out came out with the preposterous notion that to have top dollar players, we have to pay top dollar prices.. no it doesn't have to be that way. Look whats happened with the big money flops we've signed on long expensive contracts. Champagne prices for a bucks fizz product.

Why isn't there a middle ground. Competitive prices and then get the Manager, the staff and every bugger involved with the club to work their knackers off and make us a competitive outfit on and bloody off the field with a competitive budget.

Off the field definitely needs a hell of a lot of work still, absolutely. There is so much opportunity and avenues that we can go down and exploit but the club just resort to the easy go to option of getting the fans to flipping pay for it all when they are struggling as it is.

Last year, with some of the stuff Miere brought about, i thought we were heading in the right direction, but with the release of the Kit, Ticket and MC prices .. feels like its gone backwards a few steps ..

Not like there are 23 other clubs trying to manage that.  Let's be honest, the teams that go up are the ones that invest the best.  Yes you get the odd Huddersfield or Cardiff, but on the whole it's the teams who've spent the money the best.

And where do we find £13m in off field gains?

Just not bothered...