#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah, bar Forestieri, Reach, Hooper, Pudil, Van Aken, Joey, Joao and Bannan we'll have to watch those bloody free agents Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees and Lee.

Likely starting line up

Westwood Free, Lees, Free, Thorniley youth, Pudil transfer, Palmer youth, Fox transfer, Bannan free, Boyd Free, Hutch free, Reach transfer, Fessi transfer, Nuihu free

7 of the 11 against Wigan could potentially be free agents or youth players only Fox, Pudil, Fessi and Reach have cost us a fee. So yes a team full of predominantly free agents and youth products.

11 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

It's the 5th poorest in Northern Europe actually. If you include Eastern and Southern Europe it's got some serious competition.

Ever been to Romania? 

Poor.JPG

At least we have a chance of the top 6 in one league :duntmatter:

21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You mean Chansiri seems to have no idea where and what Sheffield is. He seems oblivious to the fact that South Yorkshire is one of the most deprived parts of Europe. 

Because its not -  Sheffield city region is in the third tier of GDP with about 85% of Europe behind us. You don't know what you are talking about but don't let that stop you.

eurpoean.thumb.JPG.bed228ad6a8af8ac4ffe17fc4ad6e57e.JPG

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

At least we have a chance of the top 6 in one league :duntmatter:

Interesting though I think.

Just shows how much we have screwed up the game in this country.

3 of the most wealthy areas in Northern Europe are in Germany and they have managed to keep the Bundesliga prices very reasonable compared to ours.

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

Because its not -  Sheffield city region is in the third tier of GDP with about 85% of Europe behind us. You don't know what you are talking about but don't let that stop you.

eurpoean.thumb.JPG.bed228ad6a8af8ac4ffe17fc4ad6e57e.JPG

I meant Northern Europe as illustrated above, so wind your neck in. Point still stands that this is a deprived county and the owner is clearly oblivious to it. 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Likely starting line up

Westwood Free, Lees, Free, Thorniley youth, Pudil transfer, Palmer youth, Fox transfer, Bannan free, Boyd Free, Hutch free, Reach transfer, Fessi transfer, Nuihu free

7 of the 11 against Wigan could potentially be free agents or youth players only Fox, Pudil, Fessi and Reach have cost us a fee. So yes a team full of predominantly free agents and youth products.

Ok no problem, ignore the ones that could potentially start that weren’t free, and make out that free means cheap too if it helps you make a point.

10 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

Interesting though I think.

Just shows how much we have screwed up the game in this country.

3 of the most wealthy areas in Northern Europe are in Germany and they have managed to keep the Bundesliga prices very reasonable compared to ours.

They do get massive crowds though some of the teams are averaging 50,000+ a game and a lot of German teams have a good percentage of home grown players in their teams. 

4 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

£39 for opening game, with no new signings whatsoever. 

Four years on and we're still in the same position, if not worse. 

The fans have done their bit, and got nothing in return. 

And yet STILL people defend the current hierarchy. 

absolutely spot on, i cant believe sone clapper negged you!

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They do get massive crowds though some of the teams are averaging 50,000+ a game and a lot of German teams have a good percentage of home grown players in their teams. 

We should do the same here. Instead of "bringing it home", take it away from those Sky money grabbers and give it back to the fans.

Are you with me comrades? lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Ok no problem, ignore the ones that could potentially start that weren’t free, and make out that free means cheap too if it helps you make a point.

Nothing wrong with frees and i know they cost wages but all the money spunked away by the Chairman and Carlos was on players who don't play.

If we look at the players who played this season and how much they cost in fees, salaries us compared to the players that spend most weeks either sat on the bench or in the stands I think it will show what the real problem is. If we weren't losing £20m a season paying players to not play games maybe we would not be having to rip the fans off to fund the mistakes of the club and its chairman each and every season. 

These same mistakes that DC is making once again this season - the damage he is doing now to the fans and the club will take years to repair and we haven't even started the season yet. Can you imagine if the team don't turn up at Wigan ala Preston last season or they give us a hiding and the issues of old of no pace in the team, one dimensional attacks or getting caught out on the wings rear their head again. It will be carnage.

I really do feel for Jos because everyone at the club is trying to make it as hard as possible for him to succeed, if he achieves anything this season it will be a master stroke by him. Then next summer another 11 of his first team squad can leave on free because there is no forward planning or management of the club. 

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does the prices for the games having anything to do with the fact Huddersfield is a working class area in the North of England --------- wait a minute that sound familiar, a shame DC thinks Sheffield is a suburb of North London.

So you don’t think we would fill Hillsborough if we were in the premier? Because Sheffield is a working class northern city? 

9 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

So you don’t think we would fill Hillsborough if we were in the premier? Because Sheffield is a working class northern city? 

We can only guess. We haven't averaged 30k plus since the 1960s. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Not at £40 a ticket no

Not to mention a ground with a capacity approaching 40,000 but 8,000 seats cannot be used because no investment has been made in the stadium other than painting his name everywhere - Stadium upgrades/making it safe for fans does not affect FFP, more seats could potentially mean more revenue and helping with FFP - So I ask you why has no the issues raised by SAG not been sorted nearly 18 months after the stadium capacity was reduced to 32,000

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zakswfc said:

I'm afraid you're the one talking the ball axe mate. 

Other clubs have achieved much more amd without charging their fans through the roof. 

Problem is too many fans take whatever DC does or says as gospel, it will all fall apart

Can you believe there are probably as many Owls fans now that have never seen up in the top division as those that can remember those times.

I was lucky I have got to see the Owls, win a cup final, get promoted to the top flight, be one of the originals Premiership teams, play in Europe and some of the best players around in the 90's since then its not been that great except for a memorable day in Cardiff and a near miss at Wembley.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

But Huddersfield have a shirt sponsorship deal that bring in £1.5m a season, their stadium is the John Smith's stadium with a sponsorship deal and they have advertising both in and outside the ground which does not have their chairman's name on it. They also sell their corporate boxes for £20,000+ vat rising to £25,000 +vat to watch Premiership football and presumably they make money at those prices and every single one is sold out each and every season.

So Huddersfield are bring in at least £3m+ more in none ripping off fans money, that our well run club doesn't because we have London premiership prices for Northern Championship football.

Huddersfield don't make a penny from the sponsorship with John Smiths. 

The stadium is owned by KSDL which is a subsidiary of Kirklees Council.