#SWFC MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES

22 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

If each club kept their own TV income we would be able to compete with the vast majority of Premier League landfill clubs like Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford etc etc who survive on inflated TV money from households paying to watch MUFC Liverpool Arsenal etc. They would have to compete on gate receipts. This is the real problem we face.

It  would be a poor show if clubs were rated on just how big their attendances and gate recepts are.

Why bother playing any matches? Should Newcastle finish in the top few just because they have more fans than most clubs?

Champions League places to the 4 teams with the biggest attendances?

Cat G should be the price always for me. 20 is plenty and fill the ground. Don't mind if that means we have to coach up youngsters and not sign Rhodes and Fletcher. Maybe then we would have been forced to play youngsters. I know there are plenty of arguments against this but i think this should be our philosophy.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Cat G should be the price always for me. 20 is plenty and fill the ground. Don't mind if that means we have to coach up youngsters and not sign Rhodes and Fletcher. Maybe then we would have been forced to play youngsters. I know there are plenty of arguments against this but i think this should be our philosophy.

20 quid is a fair price for home and away fans. 

19 hours ago, kristmace said:

Huddersfield don't make a penny from the sponsorship with John Smiths. 

The stadium is owned by KSDL which is a subsidiary of Kirklees Council. 

But we could make money from sponsoring our stadium.

18 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Maybe a touch higher. I think £25 to watch championship football is fair on POTG without messing about with memberships. 

In football, we have a huge problem. Footballers are on way too much money, it’s quite frankly ridiculous. When you have Neymar going for £200m and £500k PW, this just filters down to all the other transfers.

I would guess we have 7 or 8 players on £25k pw plus to play championship football. Invariably most of them were bl00dy injured last year.

In my opinion, the memberships are daylight robbery and it feels like they are trying to rip us off. It’s clearly not value for money.  The member (POTG) ticket prices are still too high, that’s after giving your £90. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Maybe a touch higher. I think £25 to watch championship football is fair on POTG without messing about with memberships. 

In football, we have a huge problem. Footballers are on way too much money, it’s quite frankly ridiculous. When you have Neymar going for £200m and £500k PW, this just filters down to all the other transfers.

I would guess we have 7 or 8 players on £25k pw plus to play championship football. Invariably most of them were bl00dy injured last year.

In my opinion, the memberships are daylight robbery and it feels like they are trying to rip us off. It’s clearly not value for money.  The member (POTG) ticket prices are still too high, that’s after giving your £90. 

Totally agree with all the above. I know people do make a living from the game but i feel it is a community game even now. There are people who have grown up with Wednesday as part of their childhood who are unwilling to pay the silly and inflated prices. They can't have a season ticket for work and family reasons and when i ask them to come to a big game they say no due to pricing. Instead we meet up and go to the dogs and get a 3 course meal for £25. I have a season ticket, but, i have other financial commitments ahead of it, family, house, etc. That season ticket can be moved on if i ran into financial issues. If so i would pay on the gate when i could afford and so really with this pricing i would stop going. It is annoying that we are one of the clubs taking this approach. Other clubs have kept ticket prices down and taken other approaches to generating income to the club. I think Chansiri has done lots of good things, but ticket pricing is his worst decision by some distance. It sets a terrible example and really the FA should step in but don't have enough clout or motivation to try. You can run all the wage figures and FFP discussion you want at me, get money from elsewhere, not ticket pricing. Filling that ground and having a good connection with all fans of all financial backgrounds is what will keep the club healthy for long after i am 6 feet under. That is my number 1 concern for the club, not right back, not a winger. I want a club run right and not one that could go pop and be at the bank asking for bank loans whilst chasing a dream that will also go pop one day. Hull got the dream and are back with us, Sunderland had the dream and are now below us. Run the club right and the rest will follow.

As you can tell this really gets my back up. rant over. Apart from that i am really looking forward to the new season. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Norwich are also charging some daft prices this year. Cat a+ 50 quid for an adult. 

It’s not just a Wednesday thing. Football in general is a rip off and I blame the greed in the game. I blame daft FFP rules and unfair parachute payments.

FFP rules imo force clubs to increase prices - whether it’s an excuse or a necessity I’ve no idea. Personally I think Chansiri has our best interests, and he’s pushing these prices out of necessity. Maybe I’m naive I dunno. But he’s not making bean out of us, and is plugging the gap with his own cash.

Wonder how many pay on the gate fans they have at Norwich? 

Carrow Road holds 27,221 fans; they have over 20,000 season tickets (£21 per game - dearest) sold already and have tended to cap the season ticket sales at 22,000; they’ve sold this figure for years. 

2,500 away fans, which can be increased. I 

Still feel potg should be 20% more than the equivalent season ticket. 

This is a big enough incentive for people who are able to buy a season ticket to encourage them to do so. Whilst at the same time fans who cant commit still can watch the club at a reasonably price / encourage new fans or mates to come to games with them. 

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:50, KivoOwl said:

£39 for opening game, with no new signings whatsoever. 

Four years on and we're still in the same position, if not worse. 

The fans have done their bit, and got nothing in return. 

And yet STILL people defend the current hierarchy. 

must admit bud you are spot on,really taking the wee wee,glad I get cheaper tickets feck me!!!

When will people stop defending this shower of poo and face facts, we are a mediocre side who's fans are paying some of the highest prices in the league to watch week in and week out.

Top prices to watch Jones, Palmer and Fox not to mention the rest of the dour lineup, only a couple of players we have are worth paying to watch and without any new faces it's a big ask!

Imagine going into your favorite restaurant and being told we can't affort a decent chef anymore but the items on the menu are still the same price. How many of you would pay it? Totally sick of excuse after excuse for poor performances on and off the pitch and taking the money out of our wallets every passing week.

Aphathy is the word that springs to mind about Chansiri.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Check this out from the pigs - doesnt take much to create a positive news story... 

Are you coming to watch the Blades in action for the very first time and would love an exclusive introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane? Then look no further than our new Home Debut package.

The Package

• Our Home Debut experience is available to all supporters coming to watch Sheffield United at Bramall Lane for the very first time, and best of all, it's FREE!
  • One of our very own Home Debut hosts will meet you upon your arrival to the ground at our brand-new Blades Family Hub
  • From here, your Home Debut host will take you on a mini introduction around the ground, highlighting key areas on a match day including: the best places to get food and drink, where our match day family activities take place and even the best seats in the house
  • Not only will you get a great introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane, but you will also get the opportunity to have your picture taken on the pitch and your photo in our match day programme
  • If that wasn't enough, as a last final welcome to Sheffield United Football Club, we will provide you with one of our exclusive ‘Home Debut Discount' vouchers with exclusive home debut discounts for you and your friends, including:
    • 10% off any purchase in our Blades Superstore
    • 10% off a full Stadium tour for up to 4 people
    • £2 off your first drink in the Blades International Bar

Don't forget to register your interest now with our Families and Juniors Coordinator Jon Helliwell, to let him know it's your first time visiting Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane!

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Check this out from the pigs - doesnt take much to create a positive news story... 

Are you coming to watch the Blades in action for the very first time and would love an exclusive introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane? Then look no further than our new Home Debut package.

The Package

• Our Home Debut experience is available to all supporters coming to watch Sheffield United at Bramall Lane for the very first time, and best of all, it's FREE!
  • One of our very own Home Debut hosts will meet you upon your arrival to the ground at our brand-new Blades Family Hub
  • From here, your Home Debut host will take you on a mini introduction around the ground, highlighting key areas on a match day including: the best places to get food and drink, where our match day family activities take place and even the best seats in the house
  • Not only will you get a great introduction to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane, but you will also get the opportunity to have your picture taken on the pitch and your photo in our match day programme
  • If that wasn't enough, as a last final welcome to Sheffield United Football Club, we will provide you with one of our exclusive ‘Home Debut Discount' vouchers with exclusive home debut discounts for you and your friends, including:
    • 10% off any purchase in our Blades Superstore
    • 10% off a full Stadium tour for up to 4 people
    • £2 off your first drink in the Blades International Bar

Don't forget to register your interest now with our Families and Juniors Coordinator Jon Helliwell, to let him know it's your first time visiting Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane!

Its how I got into football and SWFC. Free ticket when I was 7. I'll be a fan for life and spend eye watering amounts on the club and already have. Thinking of the future giving a little can generate a LOT. The pigs know this and are thriving off our crippling prices. Its so sad.

On 24/07/2018 at 14:46, @owlstalk said:

Looking higher up the chain at the issue and Sky Sports is to blame

And even more crucially all those who pay for Sky Sports to watch the footy

It's all a domino effect down from the households paying for Sky

They buy Sky cos they wanna watch the footy though so....

Sky and BT sports allows  access to a huge amount of first class entertainment at a price most can afford compare it to going to Hillsborough I have been a sky sports customer for 26 years  and a bt sports customer as soon as it came out. I wouldn't be without it.