Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

For all the attitude on here, parking rules are in place for a reason.

If you feel certain restrictions are unjust, talk to your Councillor (or PM Bez).

Cars that are half on the pavement, block the pavement for pedestrians - including the elderly, disabled and parents with push chairs and prams.

Cars that are parked on double yellows can hinder traffic - including paramedics and fire engines.

It's not nuclear physics.

Don't park like a cheeky monkey, and this car won't catch you.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

34 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Remember on a kerb is illegal, even though you're probably doing it so it's easier for road users to get past. 

Bleedin, jobsworth, cowards. 

Doesnt help pedestrians much though.   

The council can only enforce if there's restrictions on the road at the moment, so this van will ticket people parking on yellow lines incorrectly.

Dont really understand this - if your parked illegally on a match day, you can't complain if you get a fine, you realise when you leave the car you shouldn't be parked there.

Unless its me, that just wouldn't be fair.

If they cant see your plates they cant fine you.

Had three fines from private companies and never paid any, one was because I pulled into a layby for 3 mins that the private company deemed was illigal ...they wanted 85.00 quid and they got 0.00.

Highway parking at hillsboro wanted 80.00 because i over stayed the maximum time by 5 mins , they got 0.00.

If its council you can contest it but after they decide you can go to an ombudsmen thats the final decicion.

Private car parking companies can go fk themselves though.

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The stuff about private car parks doesn't matter, surely? This is about illegal parking in a public space. Whatever the rights and wrongs you can't ignore a fine or contest it in the way you might contest a charge from a private car park.

You can't ignore a fine but you can contest it. 

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Had three fines from private companies and never paid any, one was because I pulled into a layby for 3 mins that the private company deemed was illigal ...they wanted 85.00 quid and they got 0.00.

Highway parking at hillsboro wanted 80.00 because i over stayed the maximum time by 5 mins , they got 0.00.

If its council you can contest it but after they decide you can go to an ombudsmen thats the final decicion.

Well I wont be ordering a Taxi from you young man - illegal is as illegal does, you'll do well to remember that. lol

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Correct, they are nasty little tails, stand up to them for Christ’s sake.

Just now, Spookone said:

Well I wont be ordering a Taxi from you young man - illegal is as illegal does, you'll do well to remember that. lol

Illigal is illigal if its illigal.

Private companies are just an invoice thats all.

Having said all of that I think this car is a council one and they are more fair, eg herries road will hopefully get sorted because you simply cannot walk down it at times due to ignorent morons that doesnt care about prams or wheelchairs.

1 hour ago, addedtime said:

They can invoice you but difficult to enforce.

Not that difficult nowadays. See moneysavingexpert... for advice. I was almost taken to court by one of the companies... put up a solid defence and they thankfully dropped it causing them to lose money but it's flipping awful. The regulation on these scam artists is pathetic. Wafer thin. I worry about the old etc when being taken advantage by these bullies.  

25 minutes ago, Watson said:

To avoid getting a fine travel in style on the Rotherham Owls coach,  The branch has been voted the best supporters club in the world for the past 17 years.

It leaves from Silverwood Workingmen's Club in Dalton, Rotherham (Baggin) Departs approx 14:00 hrs and 19:00 hrs.  

Drops off at various places on way back, last drop off is The Joker in Bramley/Wickersley.

Cost is £7.00 

what time does it pick up/drop off in Dewsbury mate ?

• Haha 3

There are some roads of Holme lane if they parked properly nobody would be able to drive down them, wait until someone there gets done for parking on the pavement and they all park on the road and nobody can get passed good luck with that one SCC

Genuinely no one has a reason to get ticketed for parking illegally on match days.

10 minutes walk and you can find a parking space easily - I know, because people never park as far away as where I live and that's how long it takes me to walk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, NormOwl said:

So the people who park on the pavement outside the Wednesdayite carpark and the ones parked up towards the railway bridge, are they legal or not?

I have seen wardens ticketing them occasionally. They didn't ticket disabled badge holders though.

Edited by mark1948