Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

10 minutes ago, owler66 said:

There are some roads of Holme lane if they parked properly nobody would be able to drive down them, wait until someone there gets done for parking on the pavement and they all park on the road and nobody can get passed good luck with that one SCC

Same here mate.

On our road the ones that are being selfish nobheads are the ones that DON’T pull up on the kerb. Its impossible for a fire engine to get down if everyone parks legally. Every week the bin lorry has a battle to get down it if they come early before people have gone to work.

• Like 1

This subject drives me to distraction Hillsborough is an area that needs money coming into the area. Rather than a series of uniformed 'nobodies' encouraging people out. Simply relax parking restrictions for the 30 days when Wednesday are playing at home. Rather than the uniformed nobodies enjoying ticketing cars at 15:15 It's not that difficult. 

• Thanks 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
59 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

How about do what they do in a lot of foreign countries, allow free parking and plenty of spaces to encourage people to come to your town and do their shopping etc. 

What a stupid idea, all it will do is raise revenue and create jobs......hang on...!  :-)

Probably get negged for this but if somebodys parked on the kerb where the road is narrow and they're not causing an obstruction to people using the footpath then I can't see the problem in that, that's just common sense 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

If they cant see your plates they cant fine you.

Had three fines from private companies and never paid any, one was because I pulled into a layby for 3 mins that the private company deemed was illigal ...they wanted 85.00 quid and they got 0.00.

Highway parking at hillsboro wanted 80.00 because i over stayed the maximum time by 5 mins , they got 0.00.

If its council you can contest it but after they decide you can go to an ombudsmen thats the final decicion.

Private car parking companies can go fk themselves though.

Private parking companies are parasites of the lowest order. 

Hate em. 

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

I got a fine for parking at Tesco car park in Savile Street a couple of weeks ago. It was my first day back at work after a holiday (I was knackered) and I stopped to get some food in the morning. I thought I’d just rest my eyes for a minute...woke up 5 hours later. Got a £40 fine! Had no idea until a letter weeks later. They clocked my reg driving in at 9am and leaving at 2pm. 

Be be careful out there...

:duntmatter:

Should have used ASDA they guarantee to fine you 10% less

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Probably get negged for this but if somebodys parked on the kerb where the road is narrow and they're not causing an obstruction to people using the footpath then I can't see the problem in that, that's just common sense 

Problem is fella we have a fair number of Rotherham folk who follow us, they will find it problematic not to get stuck in voids of less than 10 feet wide, A finer collection of lard arses you not could wish to see, I believe they put on a special bus for them at 7 quid a chuck, it's got special fat seats, a deep fat fryer and tomato sauce on tap.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Simple solution really.

Don't park illegally.

95% of Hillsborough traffic park legally. If they continue to do so, this car won't matter.

really? so 90% what park half on road half on grass/verge like I do sometimes in wisewood are illegally parked but if I and others park legally the road wont be wide enough for any car to pass ,which could cause an accident and wont allow a fire engine or ambulance to pass ,I can name you many roads within 1 mile of the ground where this happens . if you hate Sheffield council clap your hands ,just done it . another money making scheme by the most anti car council in the uk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

How about do what they do in a lot of foreign countries, allow free parking and plenty of spaces to encourage people to come to your town and do their shopping etc. 

Sheffield council encourage enterprise, private business, convenience to boost the local economy and reduce council tax ? You must be joking!

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

really? so 90% what park half on road half on grass/verge like I do sometimes in wisewood are illegally parked but if I and others park legally the road wont be wide enough for any car to pass ,which could cause an accident and wont allow a fire engine or ambulance to pass ,I can name you many roads within 1 mile of the ground where this happens . if you hate Sheffield council clap your hands ,just done it . another money making scheme by the most anti car council in the uk. 

If the road isn't wide enough to have vehicles parked either side of it on the road,  then you shouldn't park there. Only one side of the road should be lined with cars. You should find another space.

Cannot believe I've just had to explain that to what I assume is a grown man. Jesus wept.

9th November 2005. 

3-0 down to Cardiff at half time.

lost 3-1 

parking ticket when I got to the car for 1 inch of my back bumper (if that) on double yellows 

Personally my worst day watching Wednesday! 

Second was getting hammered 4-1 v Watford but at least that day I didn’t get a ticket. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If the road isn't wide enough to have vehicles parked either side of it on the road,  then you shouldn't park there. Only one side of the road should be lined with cars. You should find another space.

Cannot believe I've just had to explain that to what I assume is a grown man. Jesus wept.

I just see this as yet another chunk of our freedom gone, having cars with cameras watching me I just don't like. im a law abiding person but I reckon 80% of us have a speeding,parking ticket in the last 5 years ,im in the 20% mine was 6 years ago lol ,some copper hiding got me doing 40mph on Halifax road whats wide enough for 4 cars about a week after it went from 40mph to 30mph.  ,just another money making scheme like this one is.  

Has the law changed?  I thought it was only illegal to park on pavements in London.  Elsewhere, as long as you don't cause obstruction on the pavement and are not parked too close to the junction (10 metres?) I thought it was ok.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

This is ridiculous for 30 times of year there is an abnormal amount of traffic within a couple of miles of Hillsborough relax the parking restrictions when this vital amount of traffic visits the area. 

How difficult can this be. 

4 minutes ago, 2mnn said:

Has the law changed?  I thought it was only illegal to park on pavements in London.  Elsewhere, as long as you don't cause obstruction on the pavement and are not parked too close to the junction (10 metres?) I thought it was ok.

That's correct and when the bailiffs turn up we will bail you out lol

13 minutes ago, Geedee said:

This is ridiculous for 30 times of year there is an abnormal amount of traffic within a couple of miles of Hillsborough relax the parking restrictions when this vital amount of traffic visits the area. 

How difficult can this be. 

This comes up all the time.

If you did that, you'd just get people leaving their car anywhere. After all, they're going to a footy match, so they can do as they please.

19 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I just see this as yet another chunk of our freedom gone, having cars with cameras watching me I just don't like. im a law abiding person but I reckon 80% of us have a speeding,parking ticket in the last 5 years ,im in the 20% mine was 6 years ago lol ,some copper hiding got me doing 40mph on Halifax road whats wide enough for 4 cars about a week after it went from 40mph to 30mph.  ,just another money making scheme like this one is.  

If you believe we ever had freedom you are pretty naive.

If copper wasn't in plain sight then you could contest, but finding proof is hard.