Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

18 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I got a fine for parking at Tesco car park in Savile Street a couple of weeks ago. It was my first day back at work after a holiday (I was knackered) and I stopped to get some food in the morning. I thought I’d just rest my eyes for a minute...woke up 5 hours later. Got a £40 fine! Had no idea until a letter weeks later. They clocked my reg driving in at 9am and leaving at 2pm. 

Be be careful out there...

:duntmatter:

Just ignore it, don’t reply to them, but if you receive a court summons, acknowledge it or you will be found guilty and fined in your absence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Remember on a kerb is illegal, even though you're probably doing it so it's easier for road users to get past. 

Bleedin, jobsworth, cowards. 

Not really cowards. Its their job. Don't park illegally.

So many fuckwits about who think they can park where they want. Newsflash: you can't. 

Guest addedtime
2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Just ignore it, don’t reply to them, but if you receive a court summons, acknowledge it or you will be found guilty and fined in your absence.

Aye, the courts have more powers now to compel the registered keeper to disclose who was driving.

Before, it was a case of just ignoring the "fine" as it was a contract between the car park management company and the driver at the time. 

5 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

If you ignore it and it does end up going to court, you’ll have pretty much zero defence against it.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not really cowards. Its their job. Don't park illegally.

So many fuckwits about who think they can park where they want. Newsflash: you can't. 

Read up on private parking fines, you could learn something, falling asleep is not a capital offence, get a life.

36 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I got a fine for parking at Tesco car park in Savile Street a couple of weeks ago. It was my first day back at work after a holiday (I was knackered) and I stopped to get some food in the morning. I thought I’d just rest my eyes for a minute...woke up 5 hours later. Got a £40 fine! Had no idea until a letter weeks later. They clocked my reg driving in at 9am and leaving at 2pm. 

Be be careful out there...

:duntmatter:

I once got zapped in bradford, stuck in bad traffic and I'm stopped on a bus stop, saw the car come past and 2 weeks later a £50 pound fine landed on my doorstep for parking in said bus stop, managed to get it cancelled after many an angry email and phone call, so sometimes they get it wrong, be careful fellow OTers 

2 minutes ago, s73owl said:

I once got zapped in bradford, stuck in bad traffic and I'm stopped on a bus stop, saw the car come past and 2 weeks later a £50 pound fine landed on my doorstep for parking in said bus stop, managed to get it cancelled after many an angry email and phone call, so sometimes they get it wrong, be careful fellow OTers 

One or two things have been zapped in Bradford in recent years.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

It worked for me, don’t wait too long, as it’s not coming,

A typical response, considering you were incorrect in the first place.

https://www.mustard.co.uk/insurance-guides/car/is-it-illegal-to-sleep-in-your-car/

Now whilst it isn't an offence to sleep in your vehicle, it is if you are parked illegally. Originally, Suzuki_San was parked legally so there was no issue. However, Tesco car parks have as time limit on them. This is usually 4 hours but some may be less. If you stay over that limit then you are parked illegally.

After 4 hours in the car park, he was in fact parked illegally. In that case, as you can see if you read, then it is illegal to sleep in your vehicle.

But he of course didn't receive the fine for that, more for staying more than the allowed hours.

A typical response, considering you were incorrect in the first place.

https://www.mustard.co.uk/insurance-guides/car/is-it-illegal-to-sleep-in-your-car/

Now whilst it isn't an offence to sleep in your vehicle, it is if you are parked illegally. Originally, Suzuki_San was parked legally so there was no issue. However, Tesco car parks have as time limit on them. This is usually 4 hours but some may be less. If you stay over that limit then you are parked illegally.

After 4 hours in the car park, he was in fact parked illegally. In that case, as you can see if you read, then it is illegal to sleep in your vehicle.

But he of course didn't receive the fine for that, more for staying more than the allowed hours.

Do you perhaps collect supermarket bags? For god’s sake man, you can’t be a Wednesdayite with an attitude like that, I despair.

To avoid getting a fine travel in style on the Rotherham Owls coach,  The branch has been voted the best supporters club in the world for the past 17 years.

It leaves from Silverwood Workingmen's Club in Dalton, Rotherham (Baggin) Departs approx 14:00 hrs and 19:00 hrs.  

Drops off at various places on way back, last drop off is The Joker in Bramley/Wickersley.

Cost is £7.00 

• Like 1

Just now, optimisticowl said:

Do you perhaps collect supermarket bags? For god’s sake man, you can’t be a Wednesdayite with an attitude like that, I despair.

You told me to research. I did and I showed that you was incorrect.

If you are gonna be a nobhead to me then I will be a nobhead right back. 

As I said earlier, I await your apology.

You told me to research. I did and I showed that you was incorrect.

If you are gonna be a nobhead to me then I will be a nobhead right back. 

As I said earlier, I await your apology.

You’ve already admitted to being boring, carry on waiting, it’s probably the most exciting thing that you’ve ever done.