Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If the road isn't wide enough to have vehicles parked either side of it on the road,  then you shouldn't park there. Only one side of the road should be lined with cars. You should find another space.

Cannot believe I've just had to explain that to what I assume is a grown man. Jesus wept.

If parking legally blocks the road then anyone with an ounce of common sense would restrict one side with yellow lines don’t you think ??? Why are you so irritated by the way ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

This comes up all the time.

If you did that, you'd just get people leaving their car anywhere. After all, they're going to a footy match, so they can do as they please.

I didn't say anywhere I said relax the regulations for probably 4 hours, 30 times a year.

It's just common sense, eg near the Toyota garage there are some restrictions they are based predominantly on when people are at work in the local factories. On Saturday afternoon very few people around there are at work. So ease the restrictions during the time people are going to the match. Increase footfall and spend in the area how difficult can it be. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Owlsabouthat! said:

9th November 2005. 

3-0 down to Cardiff at half time.

lost 3-1 

parking ticket when I got to the car for 1 inch of my back bumper (if that) on double yellows 

Personally my worst day watching Wednesday! 

Second was getting hammered 4-1 v Watford but at least that day I didn’t get a ticket. 

Think youve got away lightly there tbh !!! 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If parking legally blocks the road then anyone with an ounce of common sense would restrict one side with yellow lines don’t you think ??? Why are you so irritated by the way ? 

Well no. Usually those type of roads don't have the high demand that happens for football matches. As said above what would be point for basically 25 times a year?

5 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I didn't say anywhere I said relax the regulations for probably 4 hours, 30 times a year.

It's just common sense, eg near the Toyota garage there are some restrictions they are based predominantly on when people are at work in the local factories. On Saturday afternoon very few people around there are at work. So ease the restrictions during the time people are going to the match. Increase footfall and spend in the area how difficult can it be. 

But then where do you stop? What about in areas where restrictions need to be so people can still park outside their houses? More parking spaces need to be available for sure, especially as if we ever get back to the premier league people will have to park a good 30 mins walk away.

The flip side to that is arrogance of being a football fan so we can do what we want? They don't lift restrictions around the arena for similar events do they? So why should they for us at football.

2 hours ago, owler66 said:

There are some roads of Holme lane if they parked properly nobody would be able to drive down them, wait until someone there gets done for parking on the pavement and they all park on the road and nobody can get passed good luck with that one SCC

It only applies on match days , same as below urban Clearway signs at the bottom of side rds off Middlewood rd 

Nobody bothers you the rest of the week!

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But then where do you stop? What about in areas where restrictions need to be so people can still park outside their houses? More parking spaces need to be available for sure, especially as if we ever get back to the premier league people will have to park a good 30 mins walk away.

The flip side to that is arrogance of being a football fan so we can do what we want? They don't lift restrictions around the arena for similar events do they? So why should they for us at football.

Because there is a grey area does not stop there being a black and white. Simply allow parking in some areas that normally would not be allowed for around 4 hours 30 times a year. 

Wednesday are a massive ™ boost to a local. economy that really needs a boost. 

Ofcourse these restrictions are applied by low grade government officials who are more interested in  counting the days to their retirement than actually getting anything done. 

1 hour ago, s73owl said:

Probably get negged for this but if somebodys parked on the kerb where the road is narrow and they're not causing an obstruction to people using the footpath then I can't see the problem in that, that's just common sense 

I agree with you.

However, many park on the footpath and block the path with total disregard for

Pedestrians, wheelchair users and those with pushchairs,  etc.

I've personally seen mothers having to wheel their children on the road, due to the totally selfish parking of certain people and their cars.

Totally unacceptable. 

They deserve a hefty fine !

51 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well no. Usually those type of roads don't have the high demand that happens for football matches. As said above what would be point for basically 25 times a year?

Roads and their limitations aren’t judged by matchday traffic surely ? 

50 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If there are enough legal places to park on matchdays I can pretty much guarantee no one would park illegally. Unfortunately this isn’t the case , yes special car parks for matchdays spring up charging a few pound a time but judging by what I see whilst I’m driving round trying to find a free , legal parking spot , demand outweighs supply . I wouldn’t want to park too near the ground anyway because it’s chaos at full time  . folk everywhere !! .