Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It doesn't matter unfortunately. If the road isn't wide enough to have two rows of park cars you don't do it. Doesn't matter if it's your house you park further down or up.

In the real world, it's not always possible to get exactly what you want and compromise has to be made.

Who determines who was there first and who is parking illegally go on work that out 

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Most football fans are too lazy. Which is why many park illegally as they try and get as close as possible to the ground. Or they get there at 5 to expecting to have empty roads 50 yards from the ground.

Where on earth do you get that from ? Most fans are lazy !! You have a very low opinion of football fans parking haven’t you 

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Livesey St leading to Hillsborough College, nice wide road college is shut, 10-15mins walk from the ground, parking on here even if it was restricted to one side would cause zero issues, full of yellow lines. There are many more.

That will be to stop college students from using the roads to park. There are a couple of factories which may require 24 hour HGV access too.

The National Grid station round the corner may have something to do with that too.

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Where on earth do you get that from ? Most fans are lazy !! You have a very low opinion of football fans parking haven’t you 

He's the type of numpty that makes this country what it is mate, an avenue for the authorities to rip people off in the name of law and order, there be riots in the streets if they did this kind of thing in some European countries and rightly so, muppets like this get the rules that we deserve.

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Have you not met football fans in general? We aren't exactly an athletic bunch are we.

Most are lazy anyway, as you can see from parking with everyone trying to get as close to the ground as possible.

Just now, toppOwl said:

He's the type of numpty that makes this country what it is mate, an avenue for the authorities to rip people off in the name of law and order, there be riots in the streets if they did this kind of thing in some European countries and rightly so, muppets like this get the rules that we deserve.

I just think there should be more parking available on match days but I’m getting accused of being a lazy tard !! Haha 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That will be to stop college students from using the roads to park. There are a couple of factories which may require 24 hour HGV access too.

The National Grid station round the corner may have something to do with that too.

Laughable, a sign could soon be put in place saying restrictions are only in place during college hours, there'll be no one there until September!! If a HGV driver can't drive down that road with cars parked on one side only they shouldn't be on the road, its very wide.

Your flogging a dead horse mate.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Have you not met football fans in general? We aren't exactly an athletic bunch are we.

Most are lazy anyway, as you can see from parking with everyone trying to get as close to the ground as possible.

Oh dear haha . 

Just now, toppOwl said:

Laughable, a sign could soon be put in place saying restrictions are only in place during college hours, there'll be no one there until September!! If a HGV driver can't drive down that road with cars parked on one side only they shouldn't be on the road, its very wide.

Your flogging a dead horse mate.

It really isn't wide, not if cars are both sides. Dodgy Dave at Napoleons probably got his fingers in there somewhere too so you have to park in his car park.

Wanna change it? Write to your local councillor. Whether he/she'll listen is another matter. No use moaning if you aren't willing to attempt to change it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It really isn't wide, not if cars are both sides. Dodgy Dave at Napoleons probably got his fingers in there somewhere too so you have to park in his car park.

Wanna change it? Write to your local councillor. Whether he/she'll listen is another matter. No use moaning if you aren't willing to attempt to change it?

Which bit of "parking on one side" didn't you understand?

Your obviously a citizen who's happy to be fleeced by the "powers that be" - I aint.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Which bit of "parking on one side" didn't you understand?

Your obviously a citizen who's happy to be fleeced by the "powers that be" - I aint.

I ain't bothered mate - they don't fleece me cos I don't do anything for them to do it. If people are stupid enough to fall into council/police traps then that's their fault, not mine.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Since they sucessfully took somone to court and the idiot of a judge ruled in their favour yes.

I'm currently ignoring three from around the Hillsborough area I didn't think they had any powers all three are car parks and are unfair IMO.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The person who parks there first.

If two cars are blocking a road then you're both at fault really.

Ha ha can't wait for the fall out when they do everyone on the road for it 

13 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Where exactly ? 

near the filling station, junction with Penistone road …...500 yards from the ground easy access on to leppings lane straight onto Halifax road and home by 5-30 ish …..i'm only telling you this coz we get there around 2 hours before kick off and have no trouble getting in …..what it's like getting in an hour before I don't know .