Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I ain't bothered mate - they don't fleece me cos I don't do anything for them to do it. If people are stupid enough to fall into council/police traps then that's their fault, not mine.

Isn't a council supposed to aid a city, why enforce ridiculous unnecessary parking restrictions on people just wanting to enjoy an afternoon at a match, if people obstruct or cause an issue ticket them by all means but don't artificially create a problem then make money off the back of it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The person who parks there first.

If two cars are blocking a road then you're both at fault really.

You still haven't answered my question though I turn up and park nobody on the other side so I'm legal somebody parks opposite now I'm illegal who decides who is illegal and who isn't 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

according to Hubristic Clapper it appears I’m a lazy fool , just because I don’t know of this parking 10 minutes from the ground !! Good grief a bit much that !!!! :Pelupessy:

He's still not given his address, I'm straight outside next home game if he does, been looking for a space 10mins away for ages, its about 20 where I currently park. :CEO:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

near the filling station, junction with Penistone road …...500 yards from the ground easy access on to leppings lane straight onto Halifax road and home by 5-30 ish …..i'm only telling you this coz we get there around 2 hours before kick off and have no trouble getting in …..what it's like getting in an hour before I don't know . 

Oh ok well yes 2 hours before and there’s plenty of spots I imagine , fills up pretty soon after I reckon though . I used to have a permit for the school opposite the South that was bliss !! 

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Isn't a council supposed to aid a city, why enforce ridiculous unnecessary parking restrictions on people just wanting to enjoy an afternoon at a match, if people obstruct or cause an issue ticket them by all means but don't artificially create a problem then make money off the back of it.

It’s a money spinner for them 

11 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

I got a fine for parking at Tesco car park in Savile Street a couple of weeks ago. It was my first day back at work after a holiday (I was knackered) and I stopped to get some food in the morning. I thought I’d just rest my eyes for a minute...woke up 5 hours later. Got a £40 fine! Had no idea until a letter weeks later. They clocked my reg driving in at 9am and leaving at 2pm. 

Be be careful out there...

:duntmatter:

Write to them and explain. If they don’t refund it then start a dirty protest in their customer toilets or start opening merchandise in the shop to the value of the fine. fizz em

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 18.09.37.jpg

Dear Sheffield Council. Appreciate you are a bunch of left wing maggots. Are you intending to use this anywhere other than football matches? Why not trial it along Wolsey road where the users of a certain religous establishment regularly double park illegally on double yellow lined areas. That’s right, not one, cars each side of the road in those areas. Surely such blatant p@ss taking which causes significant traffic to form could be captured from the relative safety of a passing parking car? Bet the Council have specific no-go areas not to upset anyone other than the cash cow that is football fans. Be a good FOI request; please provide information on what routes your automated parking infringement car has taken whilst in service. 

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure there is an argument to say collecting information in this manner and not leaving a ticket to let the vehicle owner know there is intent to fine is wrong. How can you take photos to counter any claims when you contest it on their online portal (which I have successfully done on a few occasions). Numb nuts operators don’t know highway regs well enough and the signage is not located correctly in many instances. To that end you can innocently park, not knowing you are the wrong side of a clearway sign as the end of clearway signage is obscured (one instance I won). If you don’t know there is an infringement on a public road then you don’t have the opportunity to gather any evidence. Last time I spoke to them the guy actually let on that 40-50% of tickets issued are incorrect or there is sufficient doubt to mount a challenge which they will void the fine. Despite the amount of money they make the bloke was bleeding on about not having the resources to manage it properly. Message is, challenge everything and hopefully they will buckle under the blizzard that comes their way.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, folger said:

Imagine being born, your parents spending almost 2 decades raising you with morals and qualities and then somehow wasting all of that time and effort and becoming that A hole NAZI in the middle. It's about time we have some actual pride in our city and clamp down on this predatory behaviour. I don't know who but somebody needs to make these vehicles inoperable enough times to make operation financially unjustifiable and yes I am certainly condoning this. 

Park the camera car up Herries Rd on matchday & it'll get it's mirrors & tyres vandalised. :ph34r:

Pathetic, why are they so happy?

Scum, in their cheap suits leaching money out of road users instead of improving the road network and parking spaces to adequately cater for the increasing number of vehicles.

Shame though, easier to out run the on foot traffic filth. Last time, many years ago, I was just returning to my car when I saw him, started to drive off before he'd written his little ticket and he got very angry, his little head wobbling his stupid hat thinking he was the Police. Told him if he could catch me, I'd accept his ticket otherwise he could flipping do one. He made a bit of an effort but wasnt going to catch me at 30mph.

Never got anything in the post afterwards regarding a ticket and the look on his previously smug face was priceless.

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Dear Sheffield Council. Appreciate you are a bunch of left wing maggots. Are you intending to use this anywhere other than football matches? Why not trial it along Wolsey road where the users of a certain religous establishment regularly double park illegally on double yellow lined areas. That’s right, not one, cars each side of the road in those areas. Surely such blatant p@ss taking which causes significant traffic to form could be captured from the relative safety of a passing parking car? Bet the Council have specific no-go areas not to upset anyone other than the cash cow that is football fans. Be a good FOI request; please provide information on what routes your automated parking infringement car has taken whilst in service. 

Imagine the chaos and shouts of discrimination if they targeted wolsey road.

One rule for one..... Etc.

Weren't these types of vehicle used a few years ago, and used to catch cars in 'rush hour' urban clearways?

there was i believe some problem and they were withdrawn.

What's changed?

Please swoop outside schools. If there's anything more annoying that a prat with his engine running, illegally parked, playing on their phone, it's one with a pigs sticker in.