Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

There are many side and back roads around Hillsborough that on match days probably wouldn't have a car near them if a game wasn't on, unfortunately the council have had to use up their their almost endless supply of yellow paint and slap yellow lines everywhere, supply outweighs demand and people will always "chance it" to go to a game, ideal prey for parasitic scum like these with their snide grins to rake a bit more money in for the council to squander on high salaries for idiots and PC vanity projects, makes you weep.

Incidentally the advice to ignore private parking tickets was usurped years ago, you can get out of paying them but it takes a little more work than just not responding these days, I have had three and have not paid a penny to them yet, it wasn't entirely easy though.

The city should be proud of our football heritage and make it as accessible as possible for people to attend games, not hang around like grubby petty thieves waiting for their next sting.

rumblezoids to a man.

8 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

There are many side and back roads around Hillsborough that on match days probably wouldn't have a car near them if a game wasn't on, unfortunately the council have had to use up their their almost endless supply of yellow paint and slap yellow lines everywhere, supply outweighs demand and people will always "chance it" to go to a game, ideal prey for parasitic scum like these with their snide grins to rake a bit more money in for the council to squander on high salaries for idiots and PC vanity projects, makes you weep.

Incidentally the advice to ignore private parking tickets was usurped years ago, you can get out of paying them but it takes a little more work than just not responding these days, I have had three and have not paid a penny to them yet, it wasn't entirely easy though.

The city should be proud of our football heritage and make it as accessible as possible for people to attend games, not hang around like grubby petty thieves waiting for their next sting.

rumblezoids to a man.

Don't park illegally if you don't wanna pay.

Football fans aren't above the law.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If the road isn't wide enough to have vehicles parked either side of it on the road,  then you shouldn't park there. Only one side of the road should be lined with cars. You should find another space.

Cannot believe I've just had to explain that to what I assume is a grown man. Jesus wept.

What a load of ballcocks live in the real world people want to park outside their house who determines who is there first and shouldn't park there because one side of the street is parked up 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Don't park illegally if you don't wanna pay.

Football fans aren't above the law.

Obviously a non driver.

Did you actually read my post, roads that have absolutely no need to have yellow lines particularly on a Saturday afternoon have them. I will abide by the law if the law is administered sensibly.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Obviously a non driver.

Did you actually read my post, roads that have absolutely no need to have yellow lines particularly on a Saturday afternoon have them. I will abide by the law if the law is administered sensibly.

The law is administered sensibly. Just becuase many don't follow it doesn't mean that it is.

Yes I do drive. It's rather simple when you do it legally.

36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If there are enough legal places to park on matchdays I can pretty much guarantee no one would park illegally. Unfortunately this isn’t the case , yes special car parks for matchdays spring up charging a few pound a time but judging by what I see whilst I’m driving round trying to find a free , legal parking spot , demand outweighs supply . I wouldn’t want to park too near the ground anyway because it’s chaos at full time  . folk everywhere !! . 

No, it really doesn't.

You have to be willing to spend 10 to 15 minutes walking from where you park, but what you are saying is total and utter tripe.

Even on the biggest games, not one single fan has parked up as far as where I live.   10 minutes walk.

Your guarantee is worthless.   Do some exercise you lazy tard !!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The law is administered sensibly. Just becuase many don't follow it doesn't mean that it is.

Yes I do drive. It's rather simple when you do it legally.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz whatever you say, bore off.

36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If there are enough legal places to park on matchdays I can pretty much guarantee no one would park illegally. Unfortunately this isn’t the case , yes special car parks for matchdays spring up charging a few pound a time but judging by what I see whilst I’m driving round trying to find a free , legal parking spot , demand outweighs supply . I wouldn’t want to park too near the ground anyway because it’s chaos at full time  . folk everywhere !! . 

I pay a fiver to park on leppings lane and getting away after the game is a doddle …...

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

No, it really doesn't.

You have to be willing to spend 10 to 15 minutes walking from where you park, but what you are saying is total and utter tripe.

Even on the biggest games, not one single fan has parked up as far as where I live.   10 minutes walk.

Give your address you'll have hordes outside for the Hull game.

:tango:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

No, it really doesn't.

Most football fans are too lazy. Which is why many park illegally as they try and get as close as possible to the ground. Or they get there at 5 to expecting to have empty roads 50 yards from the ground.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Most football fans are too lazy. Which is why many park illegally as they try and get as close as possible to the ground. Or they get there at 5 to expecting to have empty roads 50 yards from the ground.

How very stereotypical.

Can you tell me whats illegal about parking on a rarely used dead end back road that the council have decided to pant yellow lines on, what was the illegality before the lines were there?

17 minutes ago, owler66 said:

What a load of ballcocks live in the real world people want to park outside their house who determines who is there first and shouldn't park there because one side of the street is parked up 

It doesn't matter unfortunately. If the road isn't wide enough to have two rows of park cars you don't do it. Doesn't matter if it's your house you park further down or up.

In the real world, it's not always possible to get exactly what you want and compromise has to be made.

Just now, toppOwl said:

How very stereotypical.

Can you tell me whats illegal about parking on a rarely used dead end back road that the council have decided to pant yellow lines on, what was the illegality before the lines were there?

Which dead end back roads have double yellows on around the ground?

7 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

No, it really doesn't.

Are you joking ? What even is a tard ? Prove to me that given the opportunity of legal parking people would still park illegally . I don’t mind walking so the lazy bit is a load of tards !! Fans that don’t know the area that well may not even know of this spacious parking you mention anyway !! 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Which dead end back roads have double yellows on around the ground?

Livesey St leading to Hillsborough College, nice wide road college is shut, 10-15mins walk from the ground, parking on here even if it was restricted to one side would cause zero issues, full of yellow lines. There are many more.