11 minutes ago, Prince said:

Pigs are welcome to him he is throw. Not much of a challenge for places with the crap they have upfront.

Don't worry, he isn't sh*t anyway yet.

Waghorn's selling point, is he fits into a modern front 3 (better than Hooper, Winnall), as a wide striker that both scores & assists

I'm sure, if we weren't under a (self imposed?) transfer embargo, Jos would be looking for one of those, as a replacement for Wallace

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Waghorn is woeful. Be hilarious if they pay anything above 5m for him.

He’s so woeful that he scored two against us at Hillsborough last season, the second one a cracker.  Just because he’s going to the pigs doesn’t mean he’s poo . It’s a decent signing for them.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Prince said:

Pigs are welcome to him he is throw. Not much of a challenge for places with the crap they have upfront.

You mean crap like Leon Clarke who out scored all our more expensive strikers last season?  We all hate the pigs but some people need to stop talking rounduns!!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You mean crap like Leon Clarke who out scored all our more expensive strikers last season?  We all hate the pigs but some people need to stop talking rounduns!!

Was a fluke of a season and nothing else, he won't do the same this one 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, s73owl said:

Was a fluke of a season and nothing else, he won't do the same this one 

Maybe.  We shall see.

United have money to spend. What they cannot allow to happen, is bringing in players who'll want top dollar salary wise.

Their success is built around spirit and togetherness. If they start brining in players on £25-30k a week, the likes of Fleck, O'Connell, Clarke, Duffy, will want similar. And that's when their model falls down.

Its an issue we had when we went and signed Fletcher and Abdi...suddenly Forestieri, Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees, Lee etc., our key players from the season before, signed new improved contracts. And it's why we find ourselves in the position we do today.

They'll target solid Championship players, who may cost a fair bit in transfer fees, but won't blow their wage bill out of the water. Waghorn, Egan, Winnall etc. all fit this model.

Waghorn scored 7 league goals in an entire season in Scottish football playing for a team that creates chances by the dozen in nearly every game against some mediocre teams.

He is another bang average at best massively overrated Championship player. He isn’t worth anywhere near the figures that are being talked about. £8m is laughable and I will be delighted if the Blades spunk big money and a huge part of their budget on him. I’d be raging at paying one million for him never mind multiples. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

He scored 16 with 11 assists last season, let’s not have sour grapes and say he’s awful. He would be a decent signing and has a very decent left peg

Mick McCarthy has a way of getting bang average players producing the goods - for a season at least anyway. I remember how good he made Daryl Murphy look for a season, and we nearly fell into the trap of buying him based on that!

I wouldn't be happy if we paid money to bring Waghorn here based on a good season last year. Both my brother-in-law and next door neighbour support Rangers, and they were overjoyed Ipswich actually paid them a fee to take him from Rangers, and Rangers haven't exactly been flush with quality strikers in recent times.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Mick McCarthy has a way of getting bang average players producing the goods - for a season at least anyway. I remember how good he made Daryl Murphy look for a season, and we nearly fell into the trap of buying him based on that!

I wouldn't be happy if we paid money to bring Waghorn here based on a good season last year.

Oh god yeh,didn't Roeder offer £4 million for him only for McCarthy to dismiss it publically.