On 21/07/2018 at 07:50, frastheowl said:

United have money to spend. What they cannot allow to happen, is bringing in players who'll want top dollar salary wise.

Their success is built around spirit and togetherness. If they start brining in players on £25-30k a week, the likes of Fleck, O'Connell, Clarke, Duffy, will want similar. And that's when their model falls down.

Its an issue we had when we went and signed Fletcher and Abdi...suddenly Forestieri, Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees, Lee etc., our key players from the season before, signed new improved contracts. And it's why we find ourselves in the position we do today.

They'll target solid Championship players, who may cost a fair bit in transfer fees, but won't blow their wage bill out of the water. Waghorn, Egan, Winnall etc. all fit this model.

pigonomics.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:25, BigDaveNuihui said:

We should really sign that Waghorn before the blades or the scabs swoop in for him, we don't want those dirty scabs beating us to him after what THEY did on the picket lines.

It is painfully obvious that we will NOT be signing any one this summer.

We have a good squad, yes we could do with more pace but apart from that I an reasonably happy.

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Sorry if I’ve angered you Eastleigh for trying to be gracious in requesting that another poster removed something that I felt uncomfortable about. If you read the posts where I made my request, you will see that I haven’t accused Atthewolf of anything malicious or underhand. If you know me, you’ll know that I have no political agenda to drive and have rarely, if ever, made a request before for someone to remove or edit the content of their post. 

I have no problem with the Hitler “bunker” YouTube videos, I just think that this time such a controversial image is out of context. 

I have no agenda, I’m not a Snowflake and I don’t want to dictate to people what they can and can’t do or think. 

I didn't take any offence, I know you're a good egg SP.

I can't remove it so I'll report it myself.

But it got me thinking this morning about The Producers.

Hitler is portrayed as a hippy, so it must have been made in the '60s.

I guess there would have been a lot of Jews in America who'd fled the Holocaust still alive at that time, as it was only a couple of decades after the war.

I wonder how they reacted to it?

I've seen that film several times on TV over the years, but it's something I confess to not thinking about before.

I'm going to find out more about it.

On 20/07/2018 at 21:28, Arcadianrocket said:

Waghorn is woeful. Be hilarious if they pay anything above 5m for him.

We thought that about Leon and then out of no where was leading scorer in the Championship for a while :duntmatter:

Lets hope The Waggyhorn (if they sign him) doesn't do the same at our expense.

Guest Arcadianrocket
31 minutes ago, Spookone said:

We thought that about Leon and then out of no where was leading scorer in the Championship for a while :duntmatter:

Lets hope The Waggyhorn (if they sign him) doesn't do the same at our expense.

Leon didnt cost 8m.

On 20/07/2018 at 20:25, BigDaveNuihui said:

We should really sign that Waghorn before the blades or the scabs swoop in for him, we don't want those dirty scabs beating us to him after what THEY did on the picket lines.

Out of interest can you let me know exactly what THEY did do on the picket lines?

On 21/07/2018 at 13:41, Bigblueowl said:

He's a good player mate. Some people just say they're shittte because they're linked with the Blades. A little childish one thinks. 

Or maybe some of us just don't rate the player, regardless of who he is linked with?

Seen many one season wonders come and go for decent money, and I believe Waghorn (was last season even that much of a "wonder"?) will fall into that category if he's sold for decent money. I'm basing that in his career so far (as a 28 year old), not because United might be interested in him.