Unpopular opinion: Wednesday edition

8 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

it’s incredibly cringeworthy when Wednesday and United fans call each other ‘Pigs’...keep it in the  playground children!

Not half as cringeworthy as out of towners doing it,like its some reciprocal thing,buying inflatable pigs for the matches against us,jeeeesus christ !!

6 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

During DCs 3 and a half years at the club, we have signed 32 'first team' players. 

Only 4 were black or minority and only 2 actually played more than one game. That's 12.5% who were signed and 6.25% who played.

The national average for BAME players in a squad is 25%. That makes our numbers questionable at best. Something ain't quite right.

Football is a global game.

White people are a minority globally.

Maybe the club is exercising affirmative action on a global scale?

:ph34r:

Ffp may be a smokescreen for our lack of incomings and we may even be up for sale in the next year or 2 if promotion starts to look increasingly difficult, due to parachute teams and others gambling like we did, especially if fans kick off because of it.

Jl said we would get some prem loans in but no sign, a chairman statement also mentioned something about running the club financially different in future.

More speculation than opinion but an unpopular opinion would be without 4 or 5 good season loan/bargain signings (which wont happen) at rb,lb,cb, pacy forward (for a possible 433 line up) and possibly cm, play offs may be unrealistic over 46 games.

Would love to see winnall, fletcher, fox, abdi, jones moved on too but are lumbered with last 2 for sure.

Other than that, mainly popular positives for me

lol

Edited by Ash77

9 hours ago, Bagarri said:

it’s incredibly cringeworthy when Wednesday and United fans call each other ‘Pigs’...keep it in the  playground children!

Totally agree...gruntbags is the only term I use to describe those ten bob conkers:manager:  

conkers tho..this swear filter is bizzare lollol

Edited by Lichfield alien

20 hours ago, torres said:

People requesting a ''minutes applause'' for family members on social media and forums is tacky 

This is the worst ! By and far a winner ! Rememberance day and people connected to the club aside I can’t stand minute silences / applauses . Not meaning to sound harsh but I don’t know / care about these people . 

• Thanks 1

There is too much hate for Jay Bothroyd.

I don't blame the haters though, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jay Bothroyd. The impact he has on games is subtle and without a solid grasp of the theoretical physics of football, most of his play will go over the regular fan's head. The real fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his style of play, to realise that it's not just great- it says something deep about life. As a consequence people who dislike Jay Bothroyd truly are idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance his intelligence and technical ability that derive from his childhood hero Dimitar Berbatov. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion at the enigma that is Jay Bothroyd. What fools...how I pity them.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I don't blame the haters though, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jay Bothroyd. The impact he has on games is subtle and without a solid grasp of the theoretical physics of football, most of his play will go over the regular fan's head. The real fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his style of play, to realise that it's not just great- it says something deep about life. As a consequence people who dislike Jay Bothroyd truly are idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance his intelligence and technical ability that derive from his childhood hero Dimitar Berbatov. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion at the enigma that is Jay Bothroyd. What fools...how I pity them.

Hey  up Jay !!!

How's it going  ? 

lol

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Emporers clothing fallacy.

You will be claiming that there is a god next.

• Haha 1