Unpopular opinion: Wednesday edition

7 minutes ago, OwlbornNbread said:

To be fair... Forestieri is overrated. Yes he's good on his day but we haven't seen him "on his day" in ages, and i know he was injured for last season but the season before that he wasn't the Forstieri we all know and love.

The long distant May 2018 when he scored 5 in 6?

On 20/07/2018 at 12:05, Bassett's Allsorts said:

"We've got Bannan" song is dreadful.

Lee Bullen was a very average player and doesn't deserve his status as a club legend alongside the likes of Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Roland Nilsson, etc.

Hate that we STILL come out for the second half to "Hey! Ho! Let's go!".

'Massive' tag is embarrassing, even when used in a tongue-in-cheek context.

Irritates the hell out of me when people overuse abbreviations when writing about Wednesday on here or social media.... WAWAW...FTB...WTID...UTO.

Derby away a couple of seasons ago after he got motm and he scored a screamer and he came over to the fans at the end and we were singing it to him..hairs standing up moment.

Agree about bullen..but we got him right at the end if his career..known more for his attitude.

Massive was a joke on football heaven for a week..not our fault others teams fans were too stupid.

Abbreviations..lucky if you have time to write paragraphs on the internet.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

On 20/07/2018 at 12:05, Bassett's Allsorts said:

"We've got Bannan" song is dreadful.

Lee Bullen was a very average player and doesn't deserve his status as a club legend alongside the likes of Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Roland Nilsson, etc.

Hate that we STILL come out for the second half to "Hey! Ho! Let's go!".

'Massive' tag is embarrassing, even when used in a tongue-in-cheek context.

Irritates the hell out of me when people overuse abbreviations when writing about Wednesday on here or social media.... WAWAW...FTB...WTID...UTO.

FFS.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Greasy chip butty is better than Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday.

Don't particularly like the chip butty song, but it's unique to them.  Hi ho silver lining is used all over the place, we should have our own unique anthem.

Chip Butty song was Rotherham's to start with wasn't it.

44 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Don't particularly like the chip butty song, but it's unique to them.  Hi ho silver lining is used all over the place, we should have our own unique anthem.

What would you think would be better O/O/W  ?

7 hours ago, torres said:

When we go away most clubs have something better than an AO advert playing 

Its horrific 

If the members of the band (Ramones) were still alive 

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't permit AO to use it just like many other massive bands just  like them refuse permission for use of songs for adverts etc .....

1 hour ago, OwlOnWheels said:

The Greasy Chip Butty song is unique because no other fanbase would lower themselves to sing that sh*te for more than a couple of years without dying of embarrassment.

:duntmatter:

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The Greasy Chip Butty song is unique because no other fanbase would lower themselves to sing that sh*te for more than a couple of years without dying of embarrassment.

:duntmatter:

Know a Chezvegas fan who says it’s the best football song ever. Don’t understand their efinuty with the oinkers. Would expect them to have a leedsesque “they are our greatest rivals” relationship with the blunts.:tango:

I can't be bothered to red through the rest...so sorry if repeating!

I find it baffling that fans think that we should wee wee the league, because we are spending more than we have done for 20 years; without taking into consideration that the other clubs are spending just as much, if not more, than we are.