BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

What a brilliant move for the lad. His new club has existed for 16 yrs, has an average attendance of 4k and plays in the Belgian second division which must be - at best- L2 standard.

Money can be the only motivator here as he could have stayed with us in the Champ. What a foolish, short sighted decision. 

Just now, dfoster said:

What a brilliant move for the lad. His new club has existed for 16 yrs, has an average attendance of 4k and plays in the Belgian second division which must be - at best- L2 standard.

Money can be the only motivator here as he could have stayed with us in the Champ. What a foolish, short sighted decision. 

Bit of a daft post this

Not because of the sentiment... but because the next stage of his development (had he not been frozen out for a year) would have probably been playing for about a L2 standard team in front of average attendances of about 4k. Make no mistake, this is essentially him re-doing the last year of his development and is synonymous with him signing for Leicester and being loaned out to a league two club... something many on here said he should have had happen last season. 

2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Owned by the same people at Leicester, hey presto he signs for Leicester later down the road,short termism at its best !! 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Bit of a daft post this

Not because of the sentiment... but because the next stage of his development (had he not been frozen out for a year) would have probably been playing for about a L2 standard team in front of average attendances of about 4k. Make no mistake, this is essentially him re-doing the last year of his development and is synonymous with him signing for Leicester and being loaned out to a league two club... something many on here said he should have had happen last season. 

It's not daft. It's all true. Plus according to Jos we offered him a place in our first team squad IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP next season.

Also, Rotherham wanted him on loan 12mths ago. They play in front of about 10k and got promoted from L1.

This is a hugely backward step in my opinion but no doubt it must have some advantages for him and his advisors.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Only an idiot would think that stopping an 18 year old from training with his peers was the correct thing to do.

Good luck to young George. He deserved so much better.

Who was he training with?

I am trying to take some positives out of this, it’s the only way to deal with it. But it is very hard.

Should help Mr C understand what running a football club is all about in this country. Hopefully he will get streetwise sooner rather than later, as with his background, it must be a culture shock to find people acting so dishonourably.

I’m mostly gutted about no longer being able to recognise David Hirst as my all time hero. That hurts, I’m absolutely gutted. 

I refuse to let anyone get me bitter and twisted though. It’s the club that matters. Here’s looking forward to a successful season with a closely knit support.

• Haha 1

Guest Manwithastick

Füçk me. I had no idea Wednesday fans were so small time and bitter. SWFC have done a miserable job of managing this situation, starting with the offer of 

4 years @ 4k with no contract clauses whilst simultaneously pimping him to Notts County for 5K per week. And they then had the temerity to be shocked when 

he said no thanks. So instead they've cut their own nose off to spite their face by effectively stunting his career by a year. I hope he goes on to lead the line for England

and that we learn sufficient lessons to have made it back to a level where we can persuade him back to score goals for us at the top of the premier league.

Neg away.

Edited by Manwithastick