BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I am trying to take some positives out of this, it’s the only way to deal with it. But it is very hard.

Should help Mr C understand what running a football club is all about in this country. Hopefully he will get streetwise sooner rather than later, as with his background, it must be a culture shock to find people acting so dishonourably.

Who was it who stopped GH training with his peers?

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I am trying to take some positives out of this, it’s the only way to deal with it. But it is very hard.

Should help Mr C understand what running a football club is all about in this country. Hopefully he will get streetwise sooner rather than later, as with his background, it must be a culture shock to find people acting so dishonourably.

I’m mostly gutted about no longer being able to recognise David Hirst as my all time hero. That hurts, I’m absolutely gutted. 

I refuse to let anyone get me bitter and twisted though. It’s the club that matters. Here’s looking forward to a successful season with a closely knit support.

It’s a bizarre move. You can at a stretch see why it’s happened but regardless it will genuinely damage Hirsty’s reputation amongst a fan base that has worshipped him as a real hero.  He was a bit poo after 1993 anyway. 

:carlosswfc:

31 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

No point in harbouring a grudge on this. We have known for a number of months that young Hirst would not sign another contract with us, that was very clear.

Lets hope that our young Bulgarian hotshot signs his newly offered contract and makes a massive impact with us. He may be a better prospect in the long term.

I've not got a grudge because he's moved on, it's the way it's been done that I have issues with..... SWFC have been shafted for money and it looks like 2 of our ex players have played a part in it. A very sad state of affairs.

The thing is, it impacts on you and me and all Wednesday fans, not just the club, less money = less transfer money etc. so in doing the club, in a roundabout way, they've done all of us.

3 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I've not got a grudge because he's moved on, it's the way it's been done that I have issues with..... SWFC have been shafted for money and it looks like 2 of our ex players have played a part in it. A very sad state of affairs.

The thing is, it impacts on you and me and all Wednesday fans, not just the club, less money = less transfer money etc. so in doing the club, in a roundabout way, they've done all of us.

They have done nothing wrong its the system that's at fault. 

Edited by Watson

Very distasteful scenario and two club legends shown up for what they really are with a young naive lad being used as a pawn for a spot of vengeance if you ask me.

Bearing in mind the recent situation with Afobe, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if GH moves again before the transfer window shuts to Leicester and is then loaned out from there to a L1 club. Even if his registration stays in Belgium presumably there is nothing to stop him being loaned back to an English club is there? Undoubtedly Leicester's owners are footing the bill or this entire exercise one way or another and likely calling the shots too.

Be curious to see what the financials are on this if they ever come out and whether or not Hirst senior and Pearson have any financial interest in it. As for Hirst senior and Pearson I hope that they are banned permanently from Hillsborough for their part in this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Füçk me. I had no idea Wednesday fans were so small time and bitter. SWFC have done a miserable job of managing this situation, starting with the offer of 

4 years @ 4k with no contract clauses whilst simultaneously pimping him to Notts County for 5K per week. And they then had the temerity to be shocked when 

he said no thanks. So instead they've cut their own nose off to spite their face by effectively stunting his career by a year. I hope he goes on to lead the line for England

and that we learn sufficient lessons to have made it back to a level where we can persuade him back to score goals for us at the top of the premier league.

Neg away.

So, we offered a teenage with no first team experience £4k a week? Which Hirst turned down? Glad we didn’t offer any more. £4k a week for someone so unproven, mental! Any higher, suicide!

Maybe the club acted the way they have because they knew this deal was on the cards? In which case, I would applaud not developing the player further - at a cost to the club with no benefit.

Had Hirst signed for a Premier League club, I’d have wished him well and hoped to have seen him be as successful as possible. 25% sell on I believe is standard with tribunal fees, so had he gone on to have a successful career, we would have had some financial compensation for his development.

As a deal been agreed to seemingly get round the above, Hirst can get to f*ck. Actions of someone lower than a snakes belly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

They have done nothing wrong its the system that's at fault. 

This kind of attitude doesn't help.  Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean you should do it.    People and businesses that don't deal fairly with others should be called out on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, we offered a teenage with no first team experience £4k a week? Which Hirst turned down? Glad we didn’t offer any more. £4k a week for someone so unproven, mental! Any higher, suicide!

Maybe the club acted the way they have because they knew this deal was on the cards? In which case, I would applaud not developing the player further - at a cost to the club with no benefit.

Had Hirst signed for a Premier League club, I’d have wished him well and hoped to have seen him be as successful as possible. 25% sell on I believe is standard with tribunal fees, so had he gone on to have a successful career, we would have had some financial compensation for his development.

As a deal been agreed to seemingly get round the above, Hirst can get to f*ck. Actions of someone lower than a snakes belly.

Agreed 

Hirst is a C**t pass it on 

Just now, owlinexile said:

This kind of attitude doesn't help.  Just because something is technically legal doesn't mean you should do it.    People and businesses that don't deal fairly with others should be called out on it.

The world is run by individuals, businesses and governments playing the system, and he's me thinking I'm the naive one.