BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 minute ago, HeathrowOwl said:

Been doing a quick search for compensation and found this mention about transfers to a foreign league. If there is a fixed amount its probably less than what would have been given if Hirst went straight to Leicester but something is better than nothing.  
Link to the full articleimage.png.7bdf43105dea8de249a2eb7b6d7857ae.png

It'd be the equivalent of maybe Gary Hooper's wages for a week

It really is a tuppence that compo

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

SiJ you really are the king of groupthink. 

Chance to get a few up votes eh my friend. 

Yes...and you are a free spirit with your edgy, different views...or an attention seeking crybaby. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

The lack of interest from any team of note is telling.

Premiership Champions from a couple of years back is a team of note. Surely people can see through this. 

There’s also more to this story. 

Club hasn't covered itself in glory, nor have the Hirsts. In saying that, I was never all for us just paying George what he wanted, nor did I think he should be starting ahead of the likes of Nando, Hooper and so on. 

This is a sneaky way of getting George off to Leicester in a year's time. Be interesting to know how much his new employers are paying. You'd suspect they're paying quite a bit for a second tier Belgium side. 

This feels very much like an *f00k you* to the club. 

17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeah I just think they feel betrayed by the club and are angry. 

That's the subtext I am reading from this move. 

I think if it had been handled differently, with a little faith by giving him football and nurturing, that faith would be reciprocated. 

What if tbey had paid him what he wanted and that meant we were closer to FFP and had to hold back on transfer targets this close season would you still think that? Its all hypothetival of course. Ive never seen him play other than tbe televised cup game (Cambridge?) where its generally accepted he had a stinker. Many on here and other forums have seen him play regularly and the majority of them say there are 2 or 3 better players in tbe academy. Still i suppose his dad will get to neck some different ale. 

Bigger point here is that the current youth set up in this country is heavily skewed in favour of Premier League clubs. 

Now we've got Premier League clubs circumventing rules which are heavily skewed in their favour in the first place! 

Good times. 

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Well played Leicester , hats off how you shafted the lower league team . The premier league really is the scum of the earth. Hope Chansiri has learnt a lesson here 

Got history. First team to go into admin. Got away without any punishment 2nd time not so lucky. 

52 minutes ago, DeeeeeJ said:

Can we now all agree that Chansiri and his advisors were correct to keep this poo stain away from the club. Completely shafted the club and presumably, his and his daddys attitude and intentions were clear. Well done

Absolutely spot on

George Hirst hasn't done anything wrong really when you look at it. He's let his contract run down and the club haven't given him a new contract he feels he's worth. It happens all the time at other clubs.

If he wasn't the son of David then not as much would be made of it. We failed to give him any game time under Carlos and it was clearly in that time where he made his decision to leave.

Let's all move on, it's tiresome.

He said: “Wednesday are my boyhood club and it is a dream to sign on professional terms. I am absolutely delighted to sign and there is nowhere else I would rather be." 
On Hirst senior, George added: “He’s given me advice on what to expect and what not to expect. But it’s really good having someone like him as my father to help me along and give me tips here and there.”