BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

57 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We know that he was refused a loan move and refused football. 

If that was done to you as a means of forcing you to sign, would it make you more or less inclined to do so? . 

I know if it were me it would just make me think 'f%ck you too then'

It was a terrible decision by DC to do that. 

We know he was refused a loan move because he made it clear he wouldn’t sign. You wouldn’t want him away from the club in that scenario. However, there had been suggestions before this that he wanted to move on so who was the insitgator, I don’t think it was the club.

From then on it was clear he was leaving and in my view the club should’ve played him to protect their position at tribunal. 

However there were rumours some months ago he’d move abroad and perhaps we knew this much earlier so this was a means of reacting to it. I’m not saying it was a great move but it may explain it. I also think DC is the kind of guy who would rather lose money than be bullied by these characters, particularly if he felt disrespected by Leicester’s actions in the process  who are also owned by Thais. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Imagine what we'd be saying about that lot down at S2 if we saw them writing this about a youth player that left their club like this

We'd be calling them classless... yeah they should be peeved off, but there's no need. So... on that note...

"Don't be classless. Yeah, you should be peeved off, but there's no need"

don't care what theyd say ,lets just clap our hands and accept been walked over 

its worked wonders for us before hasn't it 

37 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Füçk me. I had no idea Wednesday fans were so small time and bitter. SWFC have done a miserable job of managing this situation, starting with the offer of 

4 years @ 4k with no contract clauses whilst simultaneously pimping him to Notts County for 5K per week. And they then had the temerity to be shocked when 

he said no thanks. So instead they've cut their own nose off to spite their face by effectively stunting his career by a year. I hope he goes on to lead the line for England

and that we learn sufficient lessons to have made it back to a level where we can persuade him back to score goals for us at the top of the premier league.

Neg away.

Wish I could’ve been earning £4K a week when I was his age.

How dare the club insult this proven youth team player in such a manner.:ghoulguy:

• Haha 4

Not sure why Pearson is getting grief for this.

As for the Hirsts though, it stinks.   To have nurtured his development for 10 years and offered him a more lucrative contract than we ever have to any other player of his age and experience, and then not get a penny in compensation is scandalous and Quite frankly I’d be delighted to see George’s career ended by some Belgian second division clogger before his inevitable move to Leicester materialises. 

And what’s just as sad is that his dad’s legend will now be tarnished forever. Can’t see him ever being welcome inside Hillsborough again which is a sorry state of affairs it really is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, torres said:

Why does this change that?

No compo, more money to give young Mr Hurst as a signing on sweetner, hope it turns sour.

Edited by daleblue

43 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Füçk me. I had no idea Wednesday fans were so small time and bitter. SWFC have done a miserable job of managing this situation, starting with the offer of 

4 years @ 4k with no contract clauses whilst simultaneously pimping him to Notts County for 5K per week. And they then had the temerity to be shocked when 

he said no thanks. So instead they've cut their own nose off to spite their face by effectively stunting his career by a year. I hope he goes on to lead the line for England

and that we learn sufficient lessons to have made it back to a level where we can persuade him back to score goals for us at the top of the premier league.

Neg away.

Small time and bitter is moving to a Belgian second division club rather than directly to Leicester.

4k a week for a championship player who hadn’t appeared ready when he did play is hardly insulting. I’m assuming that’s also a pretty solid wage in the Belgian league 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Nigel Pearson has always said that he would never ever be the Wednesday manager. Dam right he won't.

All parties are looking after themselves. We'll get over it.

Pearsons managerial career seems to have stalled, I have no problem with him. I don't imagine he had much of a say in it.

Hirst senior was never the sharpest tool; at a time when he was supposed to be on a par with Alan Shearer, he was often in the pub. The rest is history.

I remember being gutted about Ron going to Villa, Warhurst to Blackburn..,they were real losses. 

GH is just a kid who didn't make it at Hillsboro.

I wanted Hirst to sign a contract with us just as much as everyone else, but if the lad doesn’t want to play for us then I’d much rather see someone else take his place that would love to play for us. There is still a big chance he will flop, he’s unproven at the top level 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Well obviously not officially no... there's nothing to stop the owner of OH Leuven from paying a player's wages out of his pocket if those wages are very high and aren't covered by other costs.

The fact that the OH Leuven owner is the same as the Leicester City owner is inconsequential 

If it's a simple matter of calling such a practice 'not official', then why don't all owners do this in order to get around FFP?

It would be an extremely risky thing for an owner to do, and I can't see why George Hirst would be considered worth the risk if all he's trying to do is get out of paying compensation for him - compensation which would be 2 million absolute tops, and much more likely to be less than a million.