BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

Just another example of football becoming more and more rotten at the core. Jorge Mendes basically running Wolves and now influencing Forest being another. Agent power and money is ruining the game. Owners having interests in multiple clubs as with this situation is just wrong too. Hirst could have done big things here but himself and his representatives have acted with zero professionalism. Hope he fades and never makes it. Leaves a sour taste this. Let’s just concentrate on the players and youth players who want to be part of Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

George Hirst hasn't done anything wrong really when you look at it. He's let his contract run down and the club haven't given him a new contract he feels he's worth. It happens all the time at other clubs.

If he wasn't the son of David then not as much would be made of it. We failed to give him any game time under Carlos and it was clearly in that time where he made his decision to leave.

Let's all move on, it's tiresome.

Think everybody would agre but todays news has a stench of shafting swfc about it

Edited by darra

1 minute ago, darra said:

Think his dads place in the hearts of owls fans has taken a knock over the last year or so. 

Couldn't give a throw to be honest, you can't change history. Hirsty did ok for us, but so did many other players

Very reminiscent of the Pleat trick that pocketed him some big dosh in moving Darko Kovacevic on for peanuts to a non descript club only to move on for £17 million a short time later. The only difference being Darko wasn't weak, he was fast and could play a bit. I always wondered why people were getting so excited about George.  

If it's true that we'll get little or no compensation, we've been well and truely shafted. Pure malice from the Hirsts.

I hope he goes on to have a terrible career.

Still, at least Hirst Snr has got his revenge for the club turning down Man Utd's bid for him all those years ago.

Disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

He said: “Wednesday are my boyhood club and it is a dream to sign on professional terms. I am absolutely delighted to sign and there is nowhere else I would rather be." 
On Hirst senior, George added: “He’s given me advice on what to expect and what not to expect. But it’s really good having someone like him as my father to help me along and give me tips here and there.” 

Except maybe some tinpot 2nd division Belgian club.

Wednesdayite my arrse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

There will be no compensation required.

I suspect after a year, maybe more he will be confirmed as a Leicester player.

We have been royally screwed.

No George has by his own father. First last year now wasting time until his return to England. Could be enough to prevent him achieving his potential. Proud dad David? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeeeeJ said:

Can we now all agree that Chansiri and his advisors were correct to keep this poo stain away from the club. Completely shafted the club and presumably, his and his daddys attitude and intentions were clear. Well done

Been obvious from the moment  Chansiri did his statement and there was ABSOLUTLEY ZERO response from the players camp. 

Just a few ITK'ers saying the club had acted appallingly :laugh:

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

No George has by his own father. First last year now wasting time until his return to England. Could be enough to prevent him achieving his potential. Proud dad David? 

He won't give a sh ite, his pension is bubbling along very nicely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Thank fizz it's actually finally over.

And thank fizz our lot were right to keep him at arm's length, even when lots of fans were (very understandably, I'm not criticising) baying at them to cave in plenty of times.

Rotten behaviour all 'round. Does not bode well for attitude, loyalty, commitment, nothing - and yeah ok, I get that that's maybe not even 'a thing' in football anymore, but still. Team spirit is, at very least.

Of course I wish we could've got some money paid back to the club for what we must've put in so far. But I'll gladly accept us getting zero just to get shot of the whole toxic affair. Can't imagine any of it has been good for the other lads in the youth teams, who've been working their knackers off for the most part.

Hopefully now they and we can just crack on, put it all behind us and focus on those ones who want to be Wednesday players. Best crop of youngsters we've had in an absolute age, exciting times. Moreover, Hirst wasn't even close to being the best of 'em IMO - if he'd been a solid defender keeping clean sheets every week, I doubt there'd have been half the flap over him.

Whatever, enjoy Belgium and mad Nige. And Leicester, for that matter. Know where I'd rather be.

Well said. Hopefully we can really start to see the rest of the quality in our youth sides now without all the focus being on George.

18 minutes ago, darra said:

What if tbey had paid him what he wanted and that meant we were closer to FFP and had to hold back on transfer targets this close season would you still think that? Its all hypothetival of course. Ive never seen him play other than tbe televised cup game (Cambridge?) where its generally accepted he had a stinker. Many on here and other forums have seen him play regularly and the majority of them say there are 2 or 3 better players in tbe academy. Still i suppose his dad will get to neck some different ale. 

It's the decision to refuse him any football that I object to. And clearly they also objected to it. 

It is a decision based on bad faith and it has been reciprocated. 

Things could have turned out very differently if the club hadnt done that. 

Its not a way to treat people. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

It's the decision to refuse him any football that I object to. And clearly they also objected to it. 

Except... the decision not to play him was a reciprocation.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If I was at a firm and gave them 3 months notice I'm pretty sure they'd give me all the s hit sites to visit for the next few months

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The club have been vindicated. This was always going to be the end game unless we offered him a ridiculous contract.

George can just get f**ked to be honest, what saddens me is his Father totally ruining his reputation.

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1