BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He has been denied football for a year because he refused a poor contract. 

Then he gets called a c**t by morons. No wonder he wanted out of this club. 

He has been treated very badly in my opinion. 

Yes but the contract he was offered wasn’t poor was it.

The deal he was offered would have made him the highest paid player of his age group at the club, he however wanted a first team wage after what barely any first team experience.

After we rightly refused it was clear that he didn’t want to be here anymore so DC thought we should put our energies into youngsters who did want to be here.

I’m not sure the club did anything wrong under the circumstances 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeah I just think they feel betrayed by the club and are angry. 

That's the subtext I am reading from this move. 

I think if it had been handled differently, with a little faith by giving him football and nurturing, that faith would be reciprocated. 

You're possibly right, I myself had issues with the decision to exclude GH from the u23 and u18 teams, but by screwing over the club like this (Pearson and Hirst Snr.) to avoid compo. being paid, they're not just getting at Chansiri, it's going to effect us, the ordinary fans, (in terms of monies available to the club for new players etc.) and for that I will never forgive either of those 2 for this. They can f*** right off.

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

He hadn't really earned a massive contract, players do and get this when they break into first team. 

Had he not chucked toys out of pram he would most likely have been playing during 2nd half of season.

He needed to take a good hard look at Atdhe Nuhiu, a player who was nowhere near first team for months but worked hard and took his chance once it came along. 

Hirst's chance would have come eventually.

He wouldn't have played because the condition for him playing was signing the contract. 

Now what had happened is not only has he gone but we won't get compo. 

That's what happens when you treat people like that. They hate you for it. 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

They don't need to

Owners can just pay it out of their own pocket. 

Right, so it wouldn't be about Leicester and would have nothing to do with Leicester 'making a contribution'

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He wouldn't have played because the condition for him playing was signing the contract. 

Perhaps we should all club together and get Beholder an OH Leuven season ticket? 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He has been denied football for a year because he refused a poor contract. 

Then he gets called a c**t by morons. No wonder he wanted out of this club. 

He has been treated very badly in my opinion. 

:tango:

yep he’s a c**t

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Right, so it wouldn't be about Leicester and would have nothing to do with Leicester 'making a contribution'

Well obviously not officially no... there's nothing to stop the owner of OH Leuven from paying a player's wages out of his pocket if those wages are very high and aren't covered by other costs.

The fact that the OH Leuven owner is the same as the Leicester City owner is inconsequential 

14 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeah I just think they feel betrayed by the club and are angry. 

That's the subtext I am reading from this move. 

I think if it had been handled differently, with a little faith by giving him football and nurturing, that faith would be reciprocated. 

Are you trolling?

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Generally when you leave because you think you’re worth more, you don’t go to Belgian second division.

• Haha 3

Anyone who saw him play against Cambridge United knows he was not ready for first team football. The contract offered was excellent given his experience playing first team football. He's gone. I don't know the details but just like any other player...if they don't want to be here then get shut. The end. 

I hope his move works for him. He's irrelevant now.

Thank fizz it's actually finally over.

And thank fizz our lot were right to keep him at arm's length, even when lots of fans were (very understandably, I'm not criticising) baying at them to cave in plenty of times.

Rotten behaviour all 'round. Does not bode well for attitude, loyalty, commitment, nothing - and yeah ok, I get that that's maybe not even 'a thing' in football anymore, but still. Team spirit is, at very least.

Of course I wish we could've got some money paid back to the club for what we must've put in so far. But I'll gladly accept us getting zero just to get shot of the whole toxic affair. Can't imagine any of it has been good for the other lads in the youth teams, who've been working their knackers off for the most part.

Hopefully now they and we can just crack on, put it all behind us and focus on those ones who want to be Wednesday players. Best crop of youngsters we've had in an absolute age, exciting times. Moreover, Hirst wasn't even close to being the best of 'em IMO - if he'd been a solid defender keeping clean sheets every week, I doubt there'd have been half the flap over him.

Whatever, enjoy Belgium and mad Nige. And Leicester, for that matter. Know where I'd rather be.

• Like 3