Tbh the kit is secondary to important things like: 

Keeping our better players

Getting players in & getting the recruitment right this time

Offloading someone like a Rhodes, Abdi to free up funds for transfers 

You can do all at the same time

it's not one or the other

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Well I am in the not fussed camp.  Its a shirt for a season, not bothered if its stripes or not, just blue and white.  Be good to be out before the season starts for those that want one, but dont get the urgency or need to get one early.  As some mentioned above, a proper launch will require the players back, so lets wait till then. Meantime scan the fixture list and pick out a few away games to get planning for.

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

12 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Well I am in the not fussed camp.  Its a shirt for a season, not bothered if its stripes or not, just blue and white.  Be good to be out before the season starts for those that want one, but dont get the urgency or need to get one early.  As some mentioned above, a proper launch will require the players back, so lets wait till then. Meantime scan the fixture list and pick out a few away games to get planning for.

Apart from the other 91 clubs don't have to wait for the players to report back..

For me there is obviously a problem with it again. There's no way it will be launched a week from now

and there not been a leaked photo of the design or summat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have the club said the new kit will be available at Owls In The Park in the first place?

No but Niel has. Well actually he said next week before oitp. And Niel knows everything.

54 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Just out of interest, the same people who aren’t bothered if it’s stripes or not, would you be bothered if the colours were changed?

Just want to know where the boundary is for acceptable criticism of a kit. After all it’s just a kit isn’t it? Would it really matter if we played in pink?

58 minutes ago, Striggy said:

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Just out of interest, the same people who aren’t bothered if it’s stripes or not, would you be bothered if the colours were changed?

Just want to know where the boundary is for acceptable criticism of a kit. After all it’s just a kit isn’t it? Would it really matter if we played in pink?

Think Striggy may be ok with the pink kit Reb ....:stuwinky:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Its just opinions, innit?

• Like 1

Back in the good ol’ days teams used to keep a kit for 2 seasons. 

Now our kit only lasts from November - May :ph34r: I’m not overly bothered. 

If it’s nice, I might buy one. Not bought myself a shirt for few years tho, I find my belly bulge looks worse in shiney materials

:carlosswfc:

57 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Fo me there is obviously a problem with it again. There's no way it will be launched a week from now.

I mean, it’s not obvious at all is it, and there’s definitely a way it could be launched by/at Owls in the Park. We’ve launched kits dozens of times. 

2 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Back in the good ol’ days teams used to keep a kit for 2 seasons. 

Now our kit only lasts from November - May :ph34r: I’m not overly bothered. 

If it’s nice, I might buy one. Not bought myself a shirt for few years tho, I find my belly bulge looks worse in shiney materials

:carlosswfc:

Fatties don't look good in owt fella  :tango:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Apart from the other 91 clubs don't have to wait for the players to report back..

For me there is obviously a problem with it again. There's no way it will be launched a week from now

and there not been a leaked photo of the design or summat

Last year all the 'leaked' photos were Photoshop fakes. As far as I can remember, the first we saw of the actual genuine shirts were the official pictures put out by the club.

Less worried about the kit and more interested about who will be wearing it! 

Pre season starts next week, the club be back from it's summer hols and hope we have some news of some incomings, outgoings and the kit shortly. 

I cannot understand the thinking behind many Wednesdayites. We grumble like f**k about the cost of going to watch our beloved team, but grumble even more about the apparent lack of a new kit annually. To purchase a new shirt would cost, I assume, somewhere around the £40-£45  mark. Purchase just one and you are in effect paying almost £2 per game above the already high price of admission.

This idea of having a new strip every year has evolved from the more affluent clubs. We pray that we shall be going back to 'traditional stripes', yet we ask for a change of kiy every year? Surely this is wrong somewhere. I would be quite happy to see the club keep its traditional kit (preferrably stipes) for several years. It may not suit the club commercially, but it would certainly benefit supporters. 

If the club don't bring back the blue and white stripe it is very very simple don't buy the merchandise when the club have 20,000 unsold football shirts then they might listen to their customers the fans. 

In no other sector or industry does an entity ignore the people it is trying to sell a product to more than football.

Then what Owlstalk does is run a completion with its members to design a fans shirt ala Blue and White strips and then maybe we can produce our own. Get enough sold and worn at Hillsborough and maybe the club will twig it, any profits made can go to the football in the community program or other good local causes.