very worried 9 days from party in the park

59 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I think you're being unfairly insulting to a significant proportion of our fan base.

I bought last season's shirt, my first since "Land of Fire". I bought it because:

a) I liked it,

b) I was due another one.

I won't be buying next season's whatever the design, because,

a) there's still a lot of wear in last season's,

b) last season's was good quality (manufacture),

c) I am not blindly loyal to the club.

I'm guessing from your post that you'd buy poo if it's got blue and white stripes on it. Just my opinion, of course.

I didn't mean anyone any offence but certain things about the club are the club we are the Owls, we play at Hillsborough and play in blue and white stripes.

These are very important things to a lot of fans and they are our identity that set us apart from other teams.

In no other walk of life do you have blind loyalty in what a organisation does than football, a lot of the time this is exploited but it would be nice for the club to listen to the fans for once and return our club colours and while they are at it don't charge me 359 to have one £30 is plenty and if the club is making more money doing themselves then pass some of that saving to those paying he tickets and buying the merchandise.

I'm more worried I can't find my 13mm ratchet spanner in my bag as I can't find it and need it to finish off what I'm doing..... As for the kit what will be will be, stop acting like a little kid counting down till Christmas, oohh there's a marketing idea, we could do a pre kit advent calender where everyday you can open it up nd have a choccy to calm the nerves and each one reveals a little more of the picture of next seasons kit lol

Guest Jack the Hat
16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm more worried I can't find my 13mm ratchet spanner in my bag as I can't find it and need it to finish off what I'm doing..... As for the kit what will be will be, stop acting like a little kid counting down till Christmas, oohh there's a marketing idea, we could do a pre kit advent calender where everyday you can open it up nd have a choccy to calm the nerves and each one reveals a little more of the picture of next seasons kit lol

You lent me the ratchet spanner but I've lost it. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I didn't mean anyone any offence but certain things about the club are the club we are the Owls, we play at Hillsborough and play in blue and white stripes.

These are very important things to a lot of fans and they are our identity that set us apart from other teams.

In no other walk of life do you have blind loyalty in what a organisation does than football, a lot of the time this is exploited but it would be nice for the club to listen to the fans for once and return our club colours and while they are at it don't charge me 359 to have one £30 is plenty and if the club is making more money doing themselves then pass some of that saving to those paying he tickets and buying the merchandise.

If £30 is plenty, don't buy if it's more than that. Practice what you preach: boycott. I agree, above £30 is excessive, that's another reason why I only buy every 4-5 years, I boycott the high pricing. So I wait a few years and for a kit I like, stripes or no stripes, paying about £10/season on average.

I do think, however, that Chansiri scored a bit of a PR own goal. Loss of stripes upset some (whether or not I feel the same) and those that don't care, well they don't care. So he should have stuck with stripes. I think naivety on his part. I also think he'll be aware of his mistake and we will be back to stripes as soon as his pride allows.

Guest Jack the Hat
33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I think you're being unfairly insulting to a significant proportion of our fan base.

I bought last season's shirt, my first since "Land of Fire". I bought it because:

a) I liked it,

b) I was due another one.

I won't be buying next season's whatever the design, because,

a) there's still a lot of wear in last season's,

b) last season's was good quality (manufacture),

c) I am not blindly loyal to the club.

I'm guessing from your post that you'd buy poo if it's got blue and white stripes on it. Just my opinion, of course.

What some people don't seem to realise is that it's ok to mix it up a bit. As Tamworth says last years was a good quality. My eldest daughter loves it and my youngest want me to get her one before a stripes one comes out. We haven't always played in stripes and the current one has a tradition back in the 60s and is synonymous with us reaching the cup final in World Cup year. Even the rubbish Ipswich one will be remembered for the great season we had in it. Keep it blue but and mix it up a bit. Why do we have to go back to the 70s and 89s kits all the time.

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

it would be nice for the club to listen to the fans again with sales as the biggest barometer to go with I would suggest that the club could argue that they are listening to fans 2 years of record sales speaks very loudly 

while they are at it don't charge me 359 to have one £30 is plenty and if the club is making more money doing themselves then pass some of that saving to those paying he tickets and buying the merchandise. Thats not really how business works is it, the idea of making it ourselves is to enable us to have more money coming in for FFP, now when we are in the Prem you can have an argument 

29 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

What some people don't seem to realise is that it's ok to mix it up a bit. As Tamworth says last years was a good quality. My eldest daughter loves it and my youngest want me to get her one before a stripes one comes out. We haven't always played in stripes and the current one has a tradition back in the 60s and is synonymous with us reaching the cup final in World Cup year. Even the rubbish Ipswich one will be remembered for the great season we had in it. Keep it blue but and mix it up a bit. Why do we have to go back to the 70s and 89s kits all the time.

I am approaching 40 allthe years i have supported the owls from the mid 80's to now they have had one thing a blue and white shirt - if you don't like I I really don't care everyone has their own view but for me everything that is good with the Owls happened when we had a ble and white striped shirt on remember these

Cup final win

Related image

Top flight football

Image result for benito carbone

The Owls in europe

Image result for sheffield wednesday vs kaiserslautern

All have one thing in common can you spot it

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

it would be nice for the club to listen to the fans again with sales as the biggest barometer to go with I would suggest that the club could argue that they are listening to fans 2 years of record sales speaks very loudly 

while they are at it don't charge me 359 to have one £30 is plenty and if the club is making more money doing themselves then pass some of that saving to those paying he tickets and buying the merchandise. Thats not really how business works is it, the idea of making it ourselves is to enable us to have more money coming in for FFP, now when we are in the Prem you can have an argument 

Because a player on £20,000 a week cost the club £1m a season but that £59 football shirt needs 16,950 to be sold to cover the same figure.

Dropping a bit off the shirt is a drop in the ocean when talking about FFP the £30m wage bill is the issue.

2 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

I’m also VERY worried that I’m not worrying. When should I start worrying?

Don't worry about it mate.  I'm doing enough not worrying for the both of us.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am approaching 40 allthe years i have supported the owls from the mid 80's to now they have had one thing a blue and white shirt - if you don't like I I really don't care everyone has their own view but for me everything that is good with the Owls happened when we had a ble and white striped shirt on remember these

Cup final win

Related image

Top flight football

The Owls in europe

Got it........shirts tucked in 

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Cup final win

Related image

Top flight football

The Owls in europe

There is literally no point to this as the last time they played in the blue kit with white arms they got to the cup final and played in the top flight and in Europe in the fairs cup. Unless your point is that you only consider the tradition of the club to be relevant whilst you have been alive. Still you'll get a few up votes for the photos . You proclaim you don't care about my view but then say ever one is entitled to one- be consistent. And I like stripes I just recognise that - outside of my life- we have had different kits.

Apart from the halved kit worn when we won the Football Alliance, I think all of our major trophies and promotions have been whilst we had our iconic blue and white stripes. That's the biggest case for stripes. Many neutrals would symbolise or recognise our club with blue and white stripes. Depending upon your age you might have first saw us in the blue shirt with white sleeves in the 60s/70s to begin with or you might have like myself first seen Wednesday in blue and white stripes. For the majority of my time as a Wednesday fan and for most of my life blue and white stripes have predominantly been our home shirt. Yes we've had variations and even had variations of the stripes but we've always been blue and white but for the most part of the club's history and all of its major success as been whilst we've had blue and white stripes. Whether we're open to variations and change or not, it's clear that blue and white stripes is Sheffield Wednesday. History and the club's successes highlight that.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday