very worried 9 days from party in the park

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I mean, it’s not obvious at all is it, and there’s definitely a way it could be launched by/at Owls in the Park. We’ve launched kits dozens of times. 

Obvious to me..Otherwise it's just poor marketing again by the club. Get the kits out early and create some noise.

They've had long enough to plan it since last years debacle.

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If the club don't bring back the blue and white stripe it is very very simple don't buy the merchandise when the club have 20,000 unsold football shirts then they might listen to their customers the fans. 

In no other sector or industry does an entity ignore the people it is trying to sell a product to more than football.

Then what Owlstalk does is run a completion with its members to design a fans shirt ala Blue and White strips and then maybe we can produce our own. Get enough sold and worn at Hillsborough and maybe the club will twig it, any profits made can go to the football in the community program or other good local causes.

Reported Record sales of the last 2 predominantly blue shirts, would suggest there is not much of an appetite for protest and those that did are in the minority and wouldn't register enough with the clubs sales figures 

as for running a competition the club did that for the white kit, and if there was to be another i would suggest they do via there own database and not a fans forum  

54 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Reported Record sales of the last 2 predominantly blue shirts, would suggest there is not much of an appetite for protest and those that did are in the minority and wouldn't register enough with the clubs sales figures 

as for running a competition the club did that for the white kit, and if there was to be another i would suggest they do via there own database and not a fans forum  

Its an idea presumable if the fans did it it would take 6 months to get the celebration shirt only for the manufacturers to change the design and produce something different.

As for buying the shirt we all know fans have too much blind loyalty you could stick poo in a pair of sleeves and a lot would buy it.

I myself an a traditionalist I support the Owls they play in blue and white strips for the last two season i haven't bought the pin strips or the Ipswich kit we played in because these are not our colours. At what point do the fans say no more when we change the kit to red shirts because the market in Thailand see red as a lucky colour (as happened at Cardiff when Vincent tan took over - then the fans protects led to the return of their colours)

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its an idea presumable if the fans did it it would take 6 months to get the celebration shirt only for the manufacturers to change the design and produce something different.

As for buying the shirt we all know fans have too much blind loyalty you could stick poo in a pair of sleeves and a lot would buy it.

I myself an a traditionalist I support the Owls they play in blue and white strips for the last two season i haven't bought the pin strips or the Ipswich kit we played in because these are not our colours. At what point do the fans say no more when we change the kit to red shirts because the market in Thailand see red as a lucky colour (as happened at Cardiff when Vincent tan took over - then the fans protects led to the return of their colours)

Vincent Tan is Malaysian

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

:stuwinky:

Let’s make it with a rainbow sash on the front to show how progressive we are!

This with pink shorts For the away kit.What I don't get is when I was young everyone used to moan when teams changed their kits. Now we moan if they don't change all of them every year. Either people have got more money or much different priorities to me. If it's blue - it'll do. That's my thoughts!

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think you're being unfairly insulting to a significant proportion of our fan base.

I bought last season's shirt, my first since "Land of Fire". I bought it because:

a) I liked it,

b) I was due another one.

I won't be buying next season's whatever the design, because,

a) there's still a lot of wear in last season's,

b) last season's was good quality (manufacture),

c) I am not blindly loyal to the club.

I'm guessing from your post that you'd buy poo if it's got blue and white stripes on it. Just my opinion, of course.

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Obvious to me..Otherwise it's just poor marketing again by the club. Get the kits out early and create some noise.

They've had long enough to plan it since last years debacle.

So it's not obvious to you then?