Top 6 The Maximum Expectation or the Minimum

Wonder whats peoples expectations for next season. We had a strong finish to last season but many games were of little importance as it was against teams with nothing to play for. Could be a hard season with Stoke West Brom and Swansea coming down. For me top 6 would be a very good result but around 12 teams will realistically fancy their chances.

22 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I'd say challenging for the top 6 is the minimum. Would be disappointed if we finished outside the top 10.

As above Wednesday are realistic challengers  for the top 6 spots if we are not still in with a chance next April that will be failure. 

Personally I really fancy our chances. It all comes down to  Mr. Chansari's ambition. 

Give Josh the tools of his trade ( ie the squad) and we won't be far off. 

No expectations. We crumbled under the weight of expectation with Carlos. Why put unnecessary pressure onto Jos? I'm excited to see what will happen during Jos' first pre-season and his first season but this League is unforgiving and unpredictable. We can take some positivity and momentum into next season, who knows what will happen but things at least seem enjoyable again after the way it turned sour under Carlos after Wembley. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

No expectations. We crumbled under the weight of expectation with Carlos. Why put unnecessary pressure onto Jos? I'm excited to see what will happen during Jos' first pre-season and his first season but this League is unforgiving and unpredictable. We can take some positivity and momentum into next season, who knows what will happen but things at least seem enjoyable again after the way it turned sour under Carlos after Wembley. 

Couldn't agree more.

Jos has given us a bit of belief back, but lets just go into next season with hope, don't crush it under the weight of any expectation.

Let's just enjoy it and see what happens.

• Like 1

Optimism balanced by realism. That's not a bad combination for a football club.

Too often the first is replaced by the word "expectation" and the second is forgotten completely.

These words were written by one of the greatest journalists of our time, it may be wise to heed this sage advice.

:tongue:

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 2

Get everybody fit and conditioned and we should have a good shot at making the top 6. 

I still think we lack some pace, strength and leadership but we do have some very good technical footballers who are as good as anybody in this league.

I would be happy with a lower playoff position and I would take that now.