Shouldn’t we have sacked the old manager first before suggesting new ones or have I missed the announcement of Jos leaving?? :blink:

More than happy with Jos let him have a run at it with a full pre season under our belts.

Edited by swfc1983
  • Haha 2

For me this shows everything that is wrong in football Everton were looking like relegation certainty when he came in, he righted the ship got rid of some of the dross and they have missed out on a European spot by one place, if Liverpool with the Champions league final they may even get into the Eufa cup.

I just think clubs the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc who think they are bigger than they are need a reality check they are not investing £200m a year into the team and have the profile of a Man Utd or a Chelsea around the world they have never been a team of entertainer like the Newcastle team of the 90's under Keagan few teams are nowerdays it mainly about getting the Premier League money and screwing the rest of the teams below them.

I do hope when these teams get into trouble in seasons to come instead of a proven manager coming in to save them they get no one and they end up relegated then maybe they show some loyalty and respect for the jobs done in 6 months. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

So michael vaughan would love big sam to be our new manager,im happy with what weve got.whats your thoughts?

I think Sam would be an excellent manager, but I also think Jos is currently doing the job exceptionally. So Id decline now, as the timing is wrong - Plus Sam's got his 6m pay off to spend!

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me this shows everything that is wrong in football Everton were looking like relegation certainty when he came in, he righted the ship got rid of some of the dross and they have missed out on a European spot by one place, if Liverpool with the Champions league final they may even get into the Eufa cup.

I just think clubs the likes of Everton, West Ham, Newcastle etc who think they are bigger than they are need a reality check they are not investing £200m a year into the team and have the profile of a Man Utd or a Chelsea around the world they have never been a team of entertainer like the Newcastle team of the 90's under Keagan few teams are nowerdays it mainly about getting the Premier League money and screwing the rest of the teams below them.

I do hope when these teams get into trouble in seasons to come instead of a proven manager coming in to save them they get no one and they end up relegated then maybe they show some loyalty and respect for the jobs done in 6 months. 

I think part of the issue is that Everton did spend 150m last season. I agree its unfair and he was doing a good job, but i think they are trying to bridge the gap between them and the big teams. 

4 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Two extremely important points:

1. There is no vacancy.

2. In his last job at Everton he was on £6million per year

It simply isn't going to happen.  Think.

Thats it in a nutshell. Love him or loath him he carved out quite a profitbable niche for himself as the premierships go to man when a teams in the $hit. I doubt very much he would go to any championship club, he'll put his feet up at his villa in spain until december when someone comes knocking. Another £5 million for the coffers, thank you very much....NEXT!

The whole point of appointing the next manager after Carlos wasn't just to keep us up, that's short term thinking, but to give them the few months needed to assess the squad, so he knows exactly what's required in the summer in order to give us the best chance of being successful next season. 

Jos is the man.